Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-01-2013, 04:40 AM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3
China made the BMW rim style 309

Please anyone know any information about this. I bought 4 rim style 309 19 inch, outside looking good as BMW standard, the back side of the 3 rim with the us made and one rim with China made, the back side coating a little bit different colour. I'm a bit worry about this china made. Is the any BMW parts like rims are made in the china. I'll post some picture soon.
Many thanks

Last edited by XRIDE; 09-01-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 09-01-2013, 06:53 AM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,711
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
As long as the part is made to the BMW standards, what difference does it make? Many of the parts on your BMW is not made in Germany, is the X3 in Vietnam assembled in India?

Last edited by The X Men; 09-01-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 AM
usaret usaret is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: All Over
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 918
Mein Auto: A Gamma Goat
Make sure it's genuine BMW.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:49 AM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
As long as the part is made to the BMW standards, what difference does it make? Many of the parts on your BMW is not made in Germany, is the X3 in Vietnam assembled in India?
I thought all x series are produced and assembled in the US. As my contract says, my x3 produced in the US for German market and they import it to Vietnam. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:56 AM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaret View Post
Make sure it's genuine BMW.

It's a good video. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 PM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,711
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRIDE View Post
I thought all x series are produced and assembled in the US. As my contract says, my x3 produced in the US for German market and they import it to Vietnam. Thanks.
That might very well be true, I am not sure, that's why I am asking. I know that all X3 sold in India is made in India starting last year..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2013, 03:35 PM
02420X3 02420X3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 626
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
The X3s assembled in India, Indonesia, and Malaysia are what are commonly called CKDs - Complete Knock-Down kits. While the components are manufactured in various places, including Germany, Austria, and South Carolina, the actual assembly is done in the destination country. There are typically major tax advantages in doing so, which has a direct impact on the purchase price of the vehicle - a fully assembled imported vehicle would be taxed much higher than a vehicle that is imported in pieces and assembled in-country.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 PM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
The X3s assembled in India, Indonesia, and Malaysia are what are commonly called CKDs - Complete Knock-Down kits. While the components are manufactured in various places, including Germany, Austria, and South Carolina, the actual assembly is done in the destination country. There are typically major tax advantages in doing so, which has a direct impact on the purchase price of the vehicle - a fully assembled imported vehicle would be taxed much higher than a vehicle that is imported in pieces and assembled in-country.
So China does not assemble X series but they probably make parts like x3 rim?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:18 PM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3


China stamp on the rim




Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 PM
02420X3 02420X3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 626
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
BMW has had wheels manufactured in China in the past, so it is plausible that your wheels were made for BMW in China.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-03-2013, 05:34 AM
jman103099's Avatar
jman103099 jman103099 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Central IL
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 301
Mein Auto: 2011 X3, 2011 328i
China stamp on the rim




[/QUOTE]


These look like very different wheels from the back.....
__________________
2011 X3 28i (1/12 - present)
2011 328i (5/11 - present)
2009 MINI Cooper (4/09 - 5/11)
2006 X3 (03/07 - 1/12)
1995 325i (05/06 - 3/09)
1985 325e (08/00 - 12/04)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 AM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,711
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Is it me or does the finish looks different in the hub area.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-03-2013, 01:23 PM
ironfan ironfan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 173
Mein Auto: X3 28i
I also see United States stamped on there too!
__________________
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-03-2013, 03:48 PM
jeff_K jeff_K is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Hong Kong
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 160
Mein Auto: BMW X3 28i
Slight variation in design. China one has ledge along the edge of the spokes. Nothing to worry about since it is on the inside. If its bought from a reputable company, you should be able to check it out. Car parts manufacturing is now spread out all over the world.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-03-2013, 07:29 PM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_K View Post
Slight variation in design. China one has ledge along the edge of the spokes. Nothing to worry about since it is on the inside. If its bought from a reputable company, you should be able to check it out. Car parts manufacturing is now spread out all over the world.
I bought it from getBMWparts.com as detail below

Part Number

36116787580

Wheel, alloy style 309, 8.5x19


36116787581

Wheel, alloy style 309, 9.5x19

I'm asking them for where the original parts coming from.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-03-2013, 07:47 PM
02420X3 02420X3 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 626
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
I don't see a problem here. I understand why the concern was raised, but I don't see a problem.

Next to the word China on the rim is ZCW, the manufacturer of the wheel. BMW is unlikely to tell you who their suppliers are, but ZCW is happy to tell you who their customers are. From their website: "ZCW is a subsidiary company of Zhejiang Wanfeng Auto Wheel Co.Ltd, one of the largest wheel manufacturers in the world. Wanfeng build high quality wheels for many top OEM car manufacturers around the globe, including BMW, Fiat, Ford and many more. ZCW aftermarket wheels are made with the same quality and attention to detail that these clients demand." BMW has parts manufactured all over the world, and has had wheels manufactured in China in the past. I have no doubt that they still have wheels manufactured in China.

getbmwparts.com is the internet parts department of a BMW dealership in Silver Springs, MD. Internet or counter, they're not going to be selling aftermarket parts as OEM - Heaven help them if they were ever to do such a thing, and BMW were to catch them at it. I have every confidence in getbmwparts.com's integrity.

Based on what I've seen, it is my opinion that Xride has genuine BMW wheels, some of which were manufactured for BMW in China, and some of which were manufactured for BMW in the US.

If the wheels had been bought on eBay, I would be willing to consider a different opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 PM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
I don't see a problem here. I understand why the concern was raised, but I don't see a problem.

Next to the word China on the rim is ZCW, the manufacturer of the wheel. BMW is unlikely to tell you who their suppliers are, but ZCW is happy to tell you who their customers are. From their website: "ZCW is a subsidiary company of Zhejiang Wanfeng Auto Wheel Co.Ltd, one of the largest wheel manufacturers in the world. Wanfeng build high quality wheels for many top OEM car manufacturers around the globe, including BMW, Fiat, Ford and many more. ZCW aftermarket wheels are made with the same quality and attention to detail that these clients demand." BMW has parts manufactured all over the world, and has had wheels manufactured in China in the past. I have no doubt that they still have wheels manufactured in China.

getbmwparts.com is the internet parts department of a BMW dealership in Silver Springs, MD. Internet or counter, they're not going to be selling aftermarket parts as OEM - Heaven help them if they were ever to do such a thing, and BMW were to catch them at it. I have every confidence in getbmwparts.com's integrity.

Based on what I've seen, it is my opinion that Xride has genuine BMW wheels, some of which were manufactured for BMW in China, and some of which were manufactured for BMW in the US.

If the wheels had been bought on eBay, I would be willing to consider a different opinion.
Thank you so much for your explanation, I feel relief and confidence now. Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-04-2013, 04:30 AM
jeff_K jeff_K is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Hong Kong
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 160
Mein Auto: BMW X3 28i
They should keep to the same rim design for the same product number. Otherwise it is confusing and worries customers unnecessarily.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-04-2013, 06:38 AM
sam-and-dori sam-and-dori is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 84
Mein Auto: 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRIDE View Post
Thank you so much for your explanation, I feel relief and confidence now. Cheers
Congrats drive with confidence
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Jason@Tischer Jason@Tischer is offline
#1 OEM BMW Parts Source
Location: Silver Spring, MD
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 173
Send a message via AIM to Jason@Tischer
Mein Auto: 2002 Dinan 330ci
Yep, genuine BMW parts actually are manufactured all over the world. All F25 X3's are manufactured in SC, but the individual components that make the vehicles up are brought in from various manufacturers worldwide.

Rest assured, anything purchased from us - or any other BMW dealer - is a 100% genuine part designed and approved for your BMW by BMW.

__________________
Jason Reighard
Internet Parts Manager, getBMWparts.com

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Jason at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube

Last edited by Jason@Tischer; 09-04-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 AM
lbjgh's Avatar
lbjgh lbjgh is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North of Toronto
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 712
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
Jason,

It is great that you replied directly to this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post
Yep, genuine BMW parts actually are manufactured all over the world. All F25 X3's are manufactured in SC, but the individual components that make the vehicles up are brought in from various manufactures worldwide.

Rest assured, anything purchased from us - or any other BMW dealer - is a 100% genuine part designed and approved for your BMW by BMW.

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:01 AM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_K View Post
They should keep to the same rim design for the same product number. Otherwise it is confusing and worries customers unnecessarily.
Yes you're right. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 AM
XRIDE XRIDE is offline
Registered User
Location: Vietnam
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: BMW X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post
Yep, genuine BMW parts actually are manufactured all over the world. All F25 X3's are manufactured in SC, but the individual components that make the vehicles up are brought in from various manufactures worldwide.

Rest assured, anything purchased from us - or any other BMW dealer - is a 100% genuine part designed and approved for your BMW by BMW.

Thank you for coming in and reply my post. I'm your customer, assume that the rim made in China is meet BMW Standard but I'm not really happy with It. Most people prefer US made rather than china made, why you give me the rim with china made? Can I change it? I would pay the shipping cost from Vietnam to the US for an exchange. What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Jason@Tischer Jason@Tischer is offline
#1 OEM BMW Parts Source
Location: Silver Spring, MD
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 173
Send a message via AIM to Jason@Tischer
Mein Auto: 2002 Dinan 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRIDE View Post
Thank you for coming in and reply my post. I'm your customer, assume that the rim made in China is meet BMW Standard but I'm not really happy with It. Most people prefer US made rather than china made, why you give me the rim with china made? Can I change it? I would pay the shipping cost from Vietnam to the US for an exchange. What do you think?
These wheels were special-ordered for you from BMW. If we were to try and replace it, the next ten that we order might be the same way - we really have no control over it. The important thing to remember is that these wheels are genuine BMW products and meet the same standards that parts made in Germany, the USA, etc. meet.

As I and others have stated, parts for BMW's are manufactured all over the world. The country that the wheel was made in really isn't an indication of build quality. The wheel was manufactured by a reputable, BMW-approved manufacturer that just happens to be located in China.

__________________
Jason Reighard
Internet Parts Manager, getBMWparts.com

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Jason at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube

Last edited by Jason@Tischer; 09-05-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-05-2013, 05:30 AM
The X Men The X Men is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,711
Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Personally, I would rather have a matching set, all US made or all China made, not a mix bag, especially when the rims are different on the back side.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms