Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-02-2013, 10:09 AM

Mein Auto: 3 Series
Need Opinions on buying a 3-Series

Buying my first 3-Series and need advice on the best model for the money. What is the best performing car I can purchase with a $33K budget. I live in Colorado so it must have xdrive. Go...
Ads by Google
Old 09-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 328iX Coupe
More info, fellow Ram. Performance or reliability?

A slightly used 328ix is where we went (27K miles on a 2009!). Love it, plenty of power for us, and more reliable but less power than the turbo version.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: Chevy half ton pickup
With your budget a new 320i xdrive European delivery. Other than that you will need to consider a used BMW.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...n/default.aspx

BMW configurator: Put in 320i xdrive for the model and on the top right column change USA Port of Entry to Euro Delivery Munich Pick Up, select the options you want and it will show the European invoice price.

http://www.bmwconfig.com/BmwConfig/C...5-5920ffa00483

If you use a site sponsor to deal with. You should be able to get the car for $500 to $750 over European invoice price.

European delivery website. Be sure and read all the FAQs.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...y/Default.aspx

Also check out the European Deliver forum on this site.

Last edited by Norm37; 09-02-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
More info, fellow Ram. Performance or reliability?

A slightly used 328ix is where we went (27K miles on a 2009!). Love it, plenty of power for us, and more reliable but less power than the turbo version.
Hey Pilgrim, I always wondered if you were a fellow Ram. Me too!

CSU66, Pilgrim's suggestions are spot on. If you like MT's I would suggest you look hard for one as the 328i MT is a bit more responsive than the AT. My experience driving the AT variant in the non-sport mode it was a bit anemic especially when starting from a dead stop on a hill and needing to get moving quickly.

ps: Welcome to the 'fest!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM

Mein Auto: 3 Series
Definitely want to buy pre owned. 2-4 years and 40,000 miles and under.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSURams66 View Post
Buying my first 3-Series and need advice on the best model for the money. What is the best performing car I can purchase with a $33K budget. I live in Colorado so it must have xdrive. Go...
Today, having read your post, I'm laboring to understand what you're after!

To me, looks like not alotta choice....328xi. Am I wrong? Are my senses on holiday?

Guess my memory banks are closed and reason's on a special one day sale....can't think of another choice.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328iX Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post

Hey Pilgrim, I always wondered if you were a fellow Ram. Me too!
I could tell you were smart as soon as I joined this place. And I have dual citizenship - I grew up in Pullman where Washington State University (Go, COUGS!) is located, but work at CSU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
CSU66, Pilgrim's suggestions are spot on. If you like MT's I would suggest you look hard for one as the 328i MT is a bit more responsive than the AT. My experience driving the AT variant in the non-sport mode it was a bit anemic especially when starting from a dead stop on a hill and needing to get moving quickly.
Personally, having driven the auto, I'm OK with it. I might spend the $300 on the BMS PowerBox http://burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html just to eliminate the slight hesitation from a stop when the throttle tips in...but driving in sport mode pretty much cures that anyway.

If I were in Denver traffic, I think i'd go with the auto. Yesterday we drove from Fort Collins to Denver for the Rocky Mountain Showdown and had stop-and-go traffic from south Fort Collins all the way to Denver, minus about 15 miles near Longmont. That's becoming too frequent when there are big events in Denver. took us about two hours to get to Speer Blvd from Fort Collins.