Manual / Sport Transmission feature
Ive got a 2012 Xdrive20D which I love. Anyhoot.
I've found a feature with the transmission that I thought I'd share and see whether anyone else has noticed this or if there are any other undocumented features that I should know about.
1. Whilst stopped with the engine running select M/S.
2. Cycle the selector to 2nd (M2)
3. After a few moments the transmission reverts to 1st (M1) You are in 1st when you pull away.
Now. Same scenario whilst stopped with the engine running.
1. Cycle the selector all the way up to 8th. (M8)
2. After a few moments the display shows M2.
3. Pull away and you are selected in second rather than 1st.
Pretty handy in snow I guess. It is definitely second gear as the revs over speed is the same as in 2nd normally or in M mode.