Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-04-2013, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: 328i, 335i
I need some help troubleshooting this problem

So my '09 328i coupe had the window anti trap warning light come on (looks like this:link), and my passenger-side power window stopped working. If you press any of the window buttons (both sides, either in manual or automatic operation) nothing happens. If I hold the unlock button on the fob, the drivers window rolls down but not the passenger. Also, the function that rolls up the window on the coupe when you close the door (to seal it) no longer works. Here's what I've done so far to try and fix it myself:

- checked the fuses
- disconnected the battery for several hours
- tried the power window initialization, but the window does not move at all
- took it to the dealer to have it diagnosed, and they told me that the window motor was bad
- tested the regulator, it is working fine (according to the dealer)
- swapped the window motor for a new one (did this twice, in case I had a faulty replacement the first time...these don't need to be coded, do they?!)
- pulled the motor off of the regulator but left it plugged into the harness and tried the switch, but the motor does not move (no power getting to the motor???)

So now I'm thinking that the motor may not be getting power for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas what else I can check? If I can't figure anything else out I'll go back to the dealer, but I'm really trying to dodge this since I'm trying not to spend too much $$$ (which is why I swapped the power window motor myself).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Ads by Google
Old 09-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i E92 Coupe
This might help:

E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof

Old 09-05-2013, 04:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowturtle View Post
no power getting to the motor???

You should measure voltage to the motor w/multimeter. None? switch to resistance [ohms] and check wiring continuity. Good? Check ground.

Continuity + ground good? Move upstream.

Got voltage, but not right? Don your thinking cap.

Name:  Think 04.gif
Views: 73
Size:  4.9 KB

You get the idea - test until you locate the problem. What, did BMW shoot from the hip, not verifying their diagnosis? Not uncommon....!

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 09-05-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
I think you can have the FRM reset and re-initialize window start and stop positions.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |