Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-06-2013, 07:20 AM

Mein Auto: 07 e90 335i
Question e90 335i Software Issues with Angel Eyes and Brake Pad Sensor?

Hey guys,

I'm having some issues with my 07 e90 335i that I recently bought.

First, I installed a pair of Umnitza's Predator Ice V5s. A week later my driver side angel eye went out. It still wasn't working even after trying a new bulb from Umnitza, and the original yellow bulb. I got the headlight assembly checked by a third party shop and they said that this was caused by an issue with the module that controls the headlights (I can't remember exactly what its called).

Second, today the red lift and brake light signal came on. According to the manual this means that my brake pads are past due for replacement. However, the indicator that gives you prior notice to replace the pads never came on (the yellow lift indicator with a mileage countdown). I bought the car from a BMW dealership used at 44,000 miles about two months ago and have only done 2,000 miles thus far. Maryland tends to be pretty strict about how much brake pad has to be left when a used car is being sold, so having this issue was very surprising. After doing some searching in this forum, I found that this might be due to a software issue.

Also, the week after I bought the car they replaced the radio unit and had to do some reprogramming to set up the iPod dock. Not sure if they would have any effect on what's going on.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on and what I should do? I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Last edited by Mithy; 09-06-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Your FRM has a short circuit stored. You need to have it reset with someone who codes (tool32) or has an ISTA setup.

If the dealer retrofitted the iPod, you should have the most up to date software on your car. Dealers cannot update or retrofit modules unless the I-Level of the car is the same as the one they are using for ISTA. So I don't think the service indicator is an issue.

The service indicators are conditional based. They adapt to driver habits and adjust the service interval accordingly. If you baby the car, they CBS will say the pads have a longer life left. But once the wear sensor in the caliper trips, it throws a red brake light.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 09-06-2013, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: 07 e90 335i
Ah that clears things up. Thank you!