Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Question I got a production number. Now what?

Isn't there a way to follow it online? I created an account on bmwusa but that doesn't let me do anything other than save configurations.
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2013, 04:36 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
My experience is from April 2011, and hopefully, they've improved the process, but the status on the webpage you can access is way behind, and may not ever get updated on a regular basis - for example, mine never showed my vehicle was delivered! If I remember, once you have a production number, you register that to your account, and then can view the status.

Your best bet is to bug your salesman - he can access much more up-to-date info (hopefully, they've fixed this, but I'm not too confident).
Old 09-11-2013, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: toyota
I got a production number. Now what?

Dial 8008311117 option 2 enter production no press 1 or say production no for updates.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-11-2013, 05:55 PM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
Congrats Ernest! I have nothing helpful to add, just happy as I know you've been waiting a while! Hopefully you get your baby very soon!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:27 PM

All: Thanks for the many helpful posts. Got a printout from the CA confirming proper order codes and showing status 112 but no date assigned. The phone number status matches that. The website however, isn't signing me in. I tried reseting the PW but no joy. They say they are investigating....
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 PM

Well bmwusa.com straightened out the login problem and low and behold, just like my CA said, the GT went into production "the end of September". Awesome.

Anyone lay odds on it delivering before the Ultimate Drive Allowance turns into a pumpkin Oct 31 (pun intended)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-09-26 at 4.41.16 PM.png
Views:	26
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	398998  
Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Unlikely unless you're picking it up in Munich! You might be lucky, but there are boats about every two weeks, then it sits in NJ for a bit, then gets shipped to the dealer. Not counting the 10-days or so from Bremmerhaven (it often stops in England before continuing to the USA). It's usually about 6-weeks from end of production to in your garage. If it got timed just right and went onto a ship without a delay, maybe.