Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550
Luxury Rear Seating Qs

Can someone please post a few pics of the luxury rear seating package with the seats folded down?

Also can you confirm that the divider/partition gets removed rather than folded down? If it can be removed, can you please post a pic with the seats up and it removed.

thanks!
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 PM
GT = hi&bye

Mein Auto: 550i gt
Hello. I would love to post pics for you, but I am away from home on vacation. I will be home on Sun and will post pics then unless someone beats me to it.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
@ gt:
I've posed this question in another thread and also asked the service guy at our dealer with no definitive answer... (and I realize you have a newer MY) but do you have the ability to lower the seat belt buckles so they don't create an imprint on the side bolsters when folded? Yes it goes away with time but I would really prefer it so they don't press into the leather if at all possible. I haven't monkeyed with them a lot but they appear to be set like the front seats and not a traditional rear seat buckle attachment to the vehicle (if that makes sense!).
Old 09-12-2013, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive GT
I can send pics of it on our 2013 550GT if you like.
If you're referring to 2014 they may be different.
Ours has the rear comfort electrically adjustable seats.
Please let me know
Old 09-12-2013, 03:22 PM

I am looking at a 2010 and a 2011 both with the luxury rear seats. I am not near either of them and will be purchasing sight unseen....Pics of the seats up close upright and folded in sections would be great!!

I am hoping that the with the top luggage cover removed and the center partition/trunk divider folded down (and both seats still in use) that the center space will be open up to the rear glass so that my dogs in the back can stick their head through.....and that the divider folds forward and covers the leather top of the center armrest.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 PM

Thank you!!! Exactly the pics that I needed. You confirmed exactly what I was hoping for. Fold down section just in the middle with bot seats still up and the top cover removed. Hopefully I will have a "new" 550gt soon!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:11 PM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueshot View Post
Thank you!!! Exactly the pics that I needed. You confirmed exactly what I was hoping for. Fold down section just in the middle with bot seats still up and the top cover removed. Hopefully I will have a "new" 550gt soon!
Rogue, check your PM from me. I don't want to discourage your enthusiasm but I posted some pics showing true space...it is a much tighter fit than I suspected and I visited the dealer at least 3x before deciding to purchase. We couldn't be happier with the vehicle but the space available behind the seats is quite limited, especially if trying to fit 2 dogs of your size back there.

P.S. I wasn't calling you a dog ;-)
Old 09-14-2013, 05:51 PM

I agree that if they are big dogs there will be an issue. I tired to take one of the pics to show that the room Berhing the seats is limited. If measurements or more pics with something to reference size will help let me know..
Old 09-14-2013, 07:00 PM

Everyone: thank you for the help!! I am sold. I found a near perfect in terms of options/color/mileage 550gt in Washington. Now I just need to find someone to check it out for me and hopefuly make the deal and it have it shipped to VA!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:55 AM

Congrats .... and enjoy!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Sorry I didn't see your PM until it was too late. Enjoy the car!