Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 335d, Mazda 6, RAM
Bremerhaven to NY

Has anyone received confirmation that their car made it onto the Turendot which left Bremerhaven on Thursday?

(My car is in Bremerhaven waiting to get on a ship and I haven't heard if it made it. I am trying to determine whether reporting is just slow, or whether I didn't make it...)

Thanks!

Ads by Google
Old 09-14-2013, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328i xDrive
I am in the same situation...my car finished production a week ago on 9/7 and the update via 800# says it is in port. I'm guessing it didn't make that ship, am hoping it makes the Don Juan departing on Tuesday. When did you car complete production?
Old 09-14-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplev View Post
I am in the same situation...my car finished production a week ago on 9/7 and the update via 800# says it is in port. I'm guessing it didn't make that ship, am hoping it makes the Don Juan departing on Tuesday. When did you car complete production?
My car completed by the 6th. (It left Munich for Bremerhaven on the 6th). The 800 number still shows me as waiting for a ship, but that may not be determinative. The 6th was a Thursday and I doubt that they update that database over the weekend, so it is still possible that the car made it onto the boat.

I also got no joy from the Willenius web site. It doesn't recognize my VIN number - though the public access database is not on their high priority list either.

I was hoping (I guess) that someone would have heard that they got on the Turnedot in which case, I would have to conclude that my car didn't make it. Your equal lack of information just continues to give me hope - and lose sleep! (BMW people are nuts - did you know that?)

Thanks for your feedback...

Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 PM

Mein Auto: Subaru STi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedj101 View Post
Has anyone received confirmation that their car made it onto the Turendot which left Bremerhaven on Thursday?

(My car is in Bremerhaven waiting to get on a ship and I haven't heard if it made it. I am trying to determine whether reporting is just slow, or whether I didn't make it...)

Thanks!
1) It should be easy to determine whether your car is aboard a ship. Your dealer should be able to give you the bill of lading number, which is like ACB12345. Most BMWs are shipped by Wallenius-Wilhelmsen. Go to the W-W site, http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

On that site, click on "customer tools" and select "I want to 'track and trace my cargo'". This will cause a pop-up "quick search" page that has four boxes. Paste your bill of lading number (that is, the ABC12345 format number you have from the dealer) in the box that says "bill of lading number". Leave the other three boxes blank.

You will then get five pages totaling about 1000 cars and one of those is yours. If yours says, under "current status" "loaded on vessel", then you have the answer to the question you posted.

My car sat in the Bremerhaven parking lot for two or three weeks. It is now on the Integrity, callsign WDC6925, about half-way across the Atlantic.

There is slow going along Northern Germany and along the English Channel. Once the ship leaves the English Channel (last stop is Southampton), it makes mileage pretty quickly. I figure the ship goes at about 16 miles an hour, or about 380 miles a day. It is about 3600 miles from Southampton to Baltimore.

2) As for tracking the ship you have to know what ship your car is on. You mention the Turandot. For those who don't know what ship their car is on, the only (easy) to find out is to ask the dealership. Once you know the ship's name you can get the callsign from http://www.vesselfinder.com/

You can also get the IMO number from that site. The international marine organization (IMO) is a nautical safety entity.

I think the Turandot's callsign is 9V9825 and its IMO is 9070450 (my apologies for doing your homework!)

3) There are many tracking websites. The one I find the best is http://www.sailwx.info/index.html . Some tracking websites use the callsign and others use the IMO number. Vesselfinder is supposed to be able to track, but it is useless...several days out of date.

As I write this (Saturday, September 14, at 9:30 PM EST) the Turandot is at the Southampton port, tied up at the dock.

acme

Last edited by acme; 09-14-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: at sea
Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 PM

The Don Juan ports in Baltimore whereas the Turendot does not. With you being in Delaware, I wonder if they would have held your car back to go on the Don Juan? As much info as we seem to gather, it still seems to be a guessing game, especially since it is hard to tell how often these websites and 800#s get updated.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Not that you asked, but here's a little info on the Don Juan. Its callsign is 9V8796 and its IMO is 9082934 . At present (9:53 EST) she is sailing northeast, having left the English Channel. She is due north of Amsterdam, about 8 nautical miles from the island of Vlieland, in the Dutch Waddenzee. She is about 200 nautical miles from Bremerhaven.

acme
Old 09-14-2013, 07:04 PM

Not that anyone gives a damn, but Turandot and Don Juan are both operas. Don Juan (in Italian, Don Giovanni) was composed by Mozart, with libretto by Da Ponte. Turandot was composed by Puccini, with libretto by Adami and Simon. Both are love stories with some violent deaths.

acme
Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Wagon
Production on my car is supposed to be completed on 9/16. There are ships leaving that week, so I'm crossing my fingers it makes it on one of them!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Wagon
Quote:

Thanks!
Did you stick with the diesel? I know you participated in my thread regarding my dilemma and ultimate switch to a gas engine.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme View Post
1) It should be easy to determine whether your car is aboard a ship. Your dealer should be able to give you the bill of lading number, which is like ACB12345. Most BMWs are shipped by Wallenius-Wilhelmsen. Go to the W-W site, http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

On that site, click on "customer tools" and select "I want to 'track and trace my cargo'". This will cause a pop-up "quick search" page that has four boxes. Paste your bill of lading number (that is, the ABC12345 format number you have from the dealer) in the box that says "bill of lading number". Leave the other three boxes blank.

You will then get five pages totaling about 1000 cars and one of those is yours. If yours says, under "current status" "loaded on vessel", then you have the answer to the question you posted.

My car sat in the Bremerhaven parking lot for two or three weeks. It is now on the Integrity, callsign WDC6925, about half-way across the Atlantic.

There is slow going along Northern Germany and along the English Channel. Once the ship leaves the English Channel (last stop is Southampton), it makes mileage pretty quickly. I figure the ship goes at about 16 miles an hour, or about 380 miles a day. It is about 3600 miles from Southampton to Baltimore.

2) As for tracking the ship you have to know what ship your car is on. You mention the Turandot. For those who don't know what ship their car is on, the only (easy) to find out is to ask the dealership. Once you know the ship's name you can get the callsign from http://www.vesselfinder.com/

You can also get the IMO number from that site. The international marine organization (IMO) is a nautical safety entity.

I think the Turandot's callsign is 9V9825 and its IMO is 9070450 (my apologies for doing your homework!)

3) There are many tracking websites. The one I find the best is http://www.sailwx.info/index.html . Some tracking websites use the callsign and others use the IMO number. Vesselfinder is supposed to be able to track, but it is useless...several days out of date.

As I write this (Saturday, September 14, at 9:30 PM EST) the Turandot is at the Southampton port, tied up at the dock.

acme
Thanks, I had most of this information already. The fact is that none of it is giving me any insight at the moment and I was trying to determine whether whether that is because the information on what is on the Turendot is not available yet or because my car didn't make it onto that ship.

Thanks,

Old 09-15-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesms69 View Post
Did you stick with the diesel? I know you participated in my thread regarding my dilemma and ultimate switch to a gas engine.
Yes, I am a big diesel fan. Trading my 335d to get the 328d... I obviously can't wait for it to get here!

Old 09-15-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
The Don Juan ports in Baltimore whereas the Turendot does not. With you being in Delaware, I wonder if they would have held your car back to go on the Don Juan? As much info as we seem to gather, it still seems to be a guessing game, especially since it is hard to tell how often these websites and 800#s get updated.
While I would imagine it has happened, in my experience Delaware cars come through New Jersey. The land trip is marginally shorter to Baltimore, but the water journey is hundreds of miles further. (A ship has to come up either Delaware Bay (likely) or Chesapeake Bay (significantly longer).

Old 09-15-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme View Post
Not that anyone gives a damn, but Turandot and Don Juan are both operas. Don Juan (in Italian, Don Giovanni) was composed by Mozart, with libretto by Da Ponte. Turandot was composed by Puccini, with libretto by Adami and Simon. Both are love stories with some violent deaths.
Aren't they all!

Old 09-15-2013, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i, 2002 330i
Mine got on the Toronto last week. 5+ weeks to get to my port in California (expected Oct 21)

Looks like my CA was correct back in mid-August when he said I needed to get my order in ASAP to make it by end of October for the UDE discount.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:03 AM

Per the W&W vessel search website (Voyage: CD336-TNT), it says should arrive at PORT HUENEME, CA on Wednesday, 10/2. Are you seeing something different?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i, 2002 330i
Quote:
Per the W&W vessel search website (Voyage: CD336-TNT), it says should arrive at PORT HUENEME, CA on Wednesday, 10/2. Are you seeing something different?
OMG you're right! The vehicle inquiry report screenshot my CA sent was so small that 10/2/13 looked like 10/21/13!

Damn, only 2 weeks to clear out the garage to make space now!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:13 AM

Send a message via ICQ to RG_MN
Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 320i xDrive
T
Quote:
Thanks, I had most of this information already. The fact is that none of it is giving me any insight at the moment and I was trying to determine whether whether that is because the information on what is on the Turendot is not available yet or because my car didn't make it onto that ship.

Thanks,
Ted,

My car is on the Turandot, and it has shown up on the W & W site tracking page since the day before it left Bremerhaven. If you enter the VIN as the cargo ID and it is not getting results then I would assume that you are still waiting at the port.

Good luck,
Robb
Old 09-15-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_MN View Post
T

Ted,

My car is on the Turandot, and it has shown up on the W & W site tracking page since the day before it left Bremerhaven. If you enter the VIN as the cargo ID and it is not getting results then I would assume that you are still waiting at the port.

Good luck,
Robb
Thanks for the feedback. That is exactly what I wanted to know. I put my vin in that web site and got no joy! Maybe the San Juan on Tuesday. After that it's the end of the month...

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. That is exactly what I wanted to know. I put my vin in that web site and got no joy! Maybe the San Juan on Tuesday. After that it's the end of the month...
So I guess based on Robb's experience, Ted and I need to hope we see our cars show up on the W&W website on Monday if they are to go out Tuesday.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
So I guess based on Robb's experience, Ted and I need to hope we see our cars show up on the W&W website on Monday if they are to go out Tuesday.
Here's hoping!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
Mine got on the Toronto last week. 5+ weeks to get to my port in California (expected Oct 21)

Looks like my CA was correct back in mid-August when he said I needed to get my order in ASAP to make it by end of October for the UDE discount.
You're lucky, mine did not make it, hoping to get on Carmen.

Last edited by 328AL; 09-15-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_MN View Post
T

Ted,

Good luck,
Robb
Some people reported, it may take day or too after a vessel sails out. It probably depends on when BMW gets that info and then updates its DB

I don't know if using bill of lading number gets your answers any quicker?

Last edited by 328AL; 09-15-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:05 PM

Somewhat similarly to how this thread began, has anyone heard their vehicle is confirmed to be on the Don Juan, scheduled to depart on Tuesday, 9/17? I spoke to BMW customer service, said they don't see my car scheduled on a ship yet, but I should check back tomorrow afternoon as it may not show up on their records until then, even though that could be the day of departure.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328AL View Post
Some people reported, it may take day or too after a vessel sails out. It probably depends on when BMW gets that info and then updates its DB

I don't know if using bill of lading number gets your answers any quicker?
We have been checking the Wilenius Wilhelmsen web site to see if our cars appear on the bill of lading. That should be quicker than BMW - note, I said "should"...

To those who are also chafing at the bit, I haven't gotten any news on my car either.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:01 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche
I talked with my sales person late this afternoon. He checked several ordered cars to see which vessel they were on. Most were on the K Lines; but, some cars were on other lines. I called K Lines and they told me there is currently no way for us to track our cars. I also talked with WWL and was informed that as soon as the car is scanned as it comes aboard, the web site is updated.

So, I have concluded that it may be the port in the USA which will determine which carrier line your car will be assigned. So, if its not WWL, we will just have to wait a few days after actual the car is out to sea to find out the name of the ship.

Anticipation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 328d - Orion Silver/Dakota Saddle Brown
2008 997.1 C2 - 6 Speed, Meteor Grey/Sand Beige
2000 986S - 6 Speed, Arctic Silver/Grey/Bk (gone, but not forgotten)
1993 325is - 5 Speed, Black/Grey (gone)
1964 Austin Healey MKiii, BJ8 - 5 Speed + OD, Ice Blue (gone - first car)