Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 Roadster, E86 Z4 Coupe, E85 Z4 M Roadster, and E86 Z4 M Coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: 03 Eclipse GT :/
Z4 Potential Owner?

Hello everyone!

So, I've been searching around for the past few months, and I've finally decided I wanted to get a roadster. I've been looking at all of the major ones, and what has my eye at the moment is an 03 Z4.

Link for the car: http://www.recoveryautos.com/vehicle...nvertible.html

The basic details are as follows:
2003 BMW Z4 Roadster
$9,900
123,000 miles
Black with White/Wood Grain interior
Clean title/CarFax

I haven't gone for a test drive, or had it checked out yet, but if the car turns out to be clean, would this be a good price for this year and this many miles? Any input is appreciated. And thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Last edited by Briknthewall; 09-17-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 PM
fixin stuff

Mein Auto: z4
Looks like a sweet ride. The interior is very clean. cant imagine not likeing that 3.0 with manual transmission. I have a 2003 2.5 and love love love it. My last toy was a 2011 SS camaro convertible with LS3 and 6 speed. It was an awesome car but the little bimmer is just a different car all together. cant really explain it but its like it knows what you want it to do. very nimble little car. I would get another one in a heartbeat.

William
Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem View Post
Looks like a sweet ride. The interior is very clean. cant imagine not likeing that 3.0 with manual transmission. I have a 2003 2.5 and love love love it. My last toy was a 2011 SS camaro convertible with LS3 and 6 speed. It was an awesome car but the little bimmer is just a different car all together. cant really explain it but its like it knows what you want it to do. very nimble little car. I would get another one in a heartbeat.
It definitely looks really nice. and the 3.0 6spd is the combo that I want. I just don't know if this is too high of a price for that year/mileage/etc. I sure hope it is the right price, though.

Last edited by Briknthewall; 09-18-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR
Only to me is the odd pricing on the internet, why higher on the internet and cheaper on the lot?

But other than that I looks pretty clean from the pictures. One thing to be aware of that can cost a couple of dollars is the exhaust sensors, there are 4 of them and they go out from time to time. My 04 had one go out, the Indy Mechanic wanted me to change all 4 of them at $1100 dollars, dealer fixed the one for $350. It just depends on how you look at it, from the Indy Mechanic's point of view, better to change all at the same time, but after that one was fixed I still had the car another 18 months before I traded up to the M and not another problem.

You will like the Auto trans for daily driving and if you put it in shift/sport mode you can up shift for a sportier feel. It's a great little car.

Regards

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Old 09-20-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHLBOLTS View Post
Only to me is the odd pricing on the internet, why higher on the internet and cheaper on the lot?

But other than that I looks pretty clean from the pictures. One thing to be aware of that can cost a couple of dollars is the exhaust sensors, there are 4 of them and they go out from time to time. My 04 had one go out, the Indy Mechanic wanted me to change all 4 of them at $1100 dollars, dealer fixed the one for $350. It just depends on how you look at it, from the Indy Mechanic's point of view, better to change all at the same time, but after that one was fixed I still had the car another 18 months before I traded up to the M and not another problem.

You will like the Auto trans for daily driving and if you put it in shift/sport mode you can up shift for a sportier feel. It's a great little car.

Regards
I think that may have just been a mix-up on their part. Because on cars.com they have the car up for 9900. Would that still be paying too much, though? When I was looking at S2000's and RX-8's, everyone said that the prices around here were WAY too high to be paying. Just want to make sure that's not the same for this Z4. And that's for the exhaust sensor tip. I'll make sure that's one of the things that the BMW dealership I take the car to to get inspected goes over.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

You can check Kelly Blue book and check other prices on auto trader and do some comparison. Personally if the car was from someone I knew, had taken care of the car, did the regular maintenance things I would not be opposed to giving that much. But nothing says you can't haggle if you have cash and prepared to walk away if you don't get the deal you want.

The deal is only as good as what you negotiate for.

Regards

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Old 09-20-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHLBOLTS View Post
You can check Kelly Blue book and check other prices on auto trader and do some comparison. Personally if the car was from someone I knew, had taken care of the car, did the regular maintenance things I would not be opposed to giving that much. But nothing says you can't haggle if you have cash and prepared to walk away if you don't get the deal you want.

The deal is only as good as what you negotiate for.

Regards
KBB has it closer to 12 grand, which worries me, because that seems like TOO good of a deal. And the only other 3.0 with manual transmission is in Chicago, and it's this one:
http://www.windycitymotors.co/2003_B..._205615045.veh
I've always loved the idea of the built-in navigation. But that paint seems REALLY off. Maybe it's just the lighting, but the bumper looks a completely different shade than the rest of the car. Besides that, though, it looks super clean and is priced roughly the same. So, while I'm on the same post, does this one look like any better of a deal? (Maybe I'm the only one that thinks the bumper is off)
Old 09-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

In small red letters it said special $10,850 close.

I cant tell anything in the pictures on my lap top, better you take the ride and go look at it for yourself. And if it's in the show room it will look different in the sun shine.

Best of luck.

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member