Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 PM

Mein Auto: 3201i E90
Check Engine Light - 2008 320i E90

For the past 4 or so months I have had the same reoccurring problem with my 2008 320i E90.
One day when I was on the highway with the cruise control on my check engine light came on mysteriously, the car seemed to be running fine so I took my car to my local BMW dealership but they could not find the issue and reset the light to off. Then about 3-4 weeks later again on the freeway in cruise control the same issue, this time my car was close to being due for a service and the dealership looked at the issue again and identified one of the oxygen sensors, so they changed it. Everything was going fine then roughly 3-4 weeks later again the same problem, on the highway in cruise control. This time the dealership switched the sensors to see if there was something wrong with one side, they reset the warning light and off I went. They still cannot identify the issue. Now the other night roughly 4 weeks after my last visit to the dealership the same issue occurred on the highway in cruise control. I donít want to take it back to the dealership because they seem to have no idea what the issue is and Iím fed up with pouring money into the issue without it being resolved. Has anyone had a similar issue? Or have any ideas?

Thanks
Advertisement