Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Sorry I don't Mod

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Coupe
Will I have Bluetooth/voice cammands for phone

Hi,
First post. Am picking up my CPO 2011 328i tomorrow. Space grey, Real bamboo wood grain, Dakota leather with 17500 miles.There is no Idrive/navigation.
The sales blurb said it had premium value packages. will I have voice commands for phone using the steering wheel available to me? I actually forgot to check...doh
I have done a ton of searching and am a little confused by what is included in packages and what can be bought as a stand alone.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1305253_10151532986146706_1105765550_n.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	397636  

Last edited by MrEnglish; 09-18-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi 6MT Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnglish View Post
Hi,
First post. Am picking up my CPO 2011 328i tomorrow. Space grey, Real bamboo wood grain, Dakota leather with 17500 miles.There is no Idrive/navigation.
The sales blurb said it had premium value packages. will I have voice commands for phone using the steering wheel available to me? I actually forgot to check...doh
I have done a ton of searching and am a little confused by what is included in packages and what can be bought as a stand alone.

Thanks
Got it on my 2011 328xi without the iDrive/navigation! Let us know and congrats and good luck with your car!

Last edited by BDSBMer; 09-19-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
There are not many retrofits and they cost $$$$

There are not many retrofits and they cost $$$$
if they are possible. You are better off getting what you want in the car
when you buy it.
You can usually get something aftermarket that is better and cheaper.
For audio and entertainment issues you are better off to look to aftermarket
solutions.
You can use a Vin Decoder to find out what your options are and you should have
the manuals to describe how they work. The radio and bluetooth/phone manuals will
be separate from the main car manual.

http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

Last edited by ctuna; 09-19-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Sorry I don't Mod

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Coupe
Thanks for your replies, picked it up this morning and even tho the "BMW Genius" who went over the features of the car with me said " no, you don't have voice commands you need the Navigation for that " ....guess what, I HAVE the voice the commands...some genius!!
It's a beautiful car to drive and plenty responsive, I can maybe understand why some whinge it takes a little to pick up from less than2000- 2500rpm but its a small whinge and anyway just slip the gearstick over into sport mode and your away!!! Handles like it's on rails.

so far I am impressed, I love my little SLK back in England but this feels more grown up.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi 6MT Sedan
Quote:
Thanks for your replies, picked it up this morning and even tho the "BMW Genius" who went over the features of the car with me said " no, you don't have voice commands you need the Navigation for that " ....guess what, I HAVE the voice the commands...some genius!!
It's a beautiful car to drive and plenty responsive, I can maybe understand why some whinge it takes a little to pick up from less than2000- 2500rpm but its a small whinge and anyway just slip the gearstick over into sport mode and your away!!! Handles like it's on rails.

so far I am impressed, I love my little SLK back in England but this feels more grown up.

Told ya it would work out! Good news and enjoy!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i M-Sport
Quote:

Oh, yeah, the folks at the dealer are stupid and don't know as much as the kooks on these forums.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Wagon E-91
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfcity335i View Post
Oh, yeah, the folks at the dealer are stupid and don't know as much as the kooks on these forums.
Haha, now that you said that, I have a question for y'all. The smart ones at the dealer were not able to tell me how. I bought my 2009 328i sport wagon last year. It was only slightly used having only 25,000 miles on it. [3 years old] It has almost every option. The former owner had music stored in it. Music that I do NOT care for. haha. How do I delete said music. I see on the right side of the Nav screen where the word "DELETE" appears, however, it is grayed out. I cannot select that feature. What do I have to do to delete her music? Oh, I do have the iDrive and the Nav option.

Last edited by MykolG; 09-19-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
OP, your car has either the Premium Package (leather, sunroof, folding mirrors, power memory seats and others) or the BMW Assist option. Both of these include Bluetooth.