Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
My PedalBox Review

Originally put this under Jersseven PedalBox post, but wanted to give it some attention on it's own also because I was honestly so surprised it worked so well. Here is my review of the PedalBox I just took delivery of:

First things first......This is the real deal my friends, no gimmicks here.

Install: Just remove a single screw (it has a small plastic cover on it that pops out, I used my fingernail to pry it out) at the bottom of the pedal and pull out. Disconnect harness and then plug pedal box in as a piggy back unit. Screw removal 10 seconds. Harness removal took about 15min because it was a little challenging and I didn't want to damage anything so took extra care, but eventually did it with some 90 degree curved pliers. Plugged in pedal box and was ready to go.

The box has 3 main modes. 1. Eco, 2. Sport, 3. Sport +

Eco: This mode is supposed to be for slower driving and more fuel conscious. With it on, I really didn't notice that much of a difference.
Sport: Ok, here we go. This ups the pedal sensitivity by 16% it states. Let me tell you, they are not kidding. The car really kicks off fast when this is selected. Still controllable but definitely a rather dramatic difference. Lag is most certainly reduced quite a bit. Probably the best overall mode to be in for normal driving.
Sport +: Ok, this mode is scary. Just a light touch on the pedal and the car is jumping forward.....and fast. There is virtually no lag and the rpm's jump and quickly. This mode is honestly not safe for regular driving. One little touch of the pedal if your not looking and you will be slamming into something. Use only when racing I would say.

Each of these 3 individual modes can also be increased or decreased individually for a total 21 different throttle curves you can choose from.

Overall, this is the real deal. I was skeptical but I must admit, it works and seems to work well. For $256 with free shipping and a 2 week return policy I decided to give it a go. I will not be returning this. This and a BMS tune are the way to go. I would agree with Jersseven. It is a great addition and really makes the car jump and significantly reduces throttle lag to the point where it may do so too much on sport +.

Highly Recommended!

I also got mine here: http://www.motivemods.com/DTE-System...x-p/dte-pb.htm

Model: 10423702
Use $10 off code "BFPB" at checkout which is good until the end of September.
Code originally stopped working, but I emailed seller and he reactivated for us here at Bimmerfest. Enjoy!

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 09-20-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-19-2013, 11:02 PM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci
Just put the order in, can't wait! I was driving around with my E38 in stop/go traffic and noticed how little "lag" there was in the pedal, which of course made driving it hard a bit more fun. I hope this at least feels the same in the F01. I remember last week I was changing lanes while stopped on the freeway and there was almost a second before the F01 reacted (though of course when it did, it just flew), but when cars in other lanes are going even a few miles an hour, that delay really messes up your timing.

Where did you mount the remote control? Oh, and if you have it set on something (like Eco, or Sport, etc) does it keep that setting after a restart, or does it default to something?

F01 750i Dark Graphite Metallic
M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
Sport | PDC | Convenience | Sunshade | Navigation
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old 09-19-2013, 11:54 PM

My PedalBox Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom7 View Post
Just put the order in, can't wait! I was driving around with my E38 in stop/go traffic and noticed how little "lag" there was in the pedal, which of course made driving it hard a bit more fun. I hope this at least feels the same in the F01. I remember last week I was changing lanes while stopped on the freeway and there was almost a second before the F01 reacted (though of course when it did, it just flew), but when cars in other lanes are going even a few miles an hour, that delay really messes up your timing.

Where did you mount the remote control? Oh, and if you have it set on something (like Eco, or Sport, etc) does it keep that setting after a restart, or does it default to something?
Here are pics of my install. Attached with velcro to the dash. I'm gonna get some suture material from work and stitch down the cord near the pedal so there is no chance of it ever getting entrapped in the pedal while driving. That could create lots of badness with a jammed accelerating pedal.

Again, please keep in mind this is on a Kia without a RWS. Your install will be markedly different.

Your last setting remains after restart which is super nice. Just set it and forget it unless you want an on the fly change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1379660012.037111.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	397827Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1379660023.904215.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	397828Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1379660039.199801.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	397829

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 09-20-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Does this affect the driving modes (eco/comfort+/comfort/sport/sport+)? Is this easy to unplug for bringing in your car for warranty work? I worry about voiding my warranty, yea its a lease but still...

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:26 AM

My PedalBox Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF01 View Post
Does this affect the driving modes (eco/comfort+/comfort/sport/sport+)? Is this easy to unplug for bringing in your car for warranty work? I worry about voiding my warranty, yea its a lease but still...
It does not affect driving modes, just increases throttle response from slight to stupid fast if you so desire.

Each of its 3 individual modes (Eco, Sport, and Sport+) can also be increased or decreased individually for a total 21 different throttle curves you can choose from.

Now that I did it. I can get it on and off in 5 min flat. Only one screw and one harness. Nothing else. Very very easy.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by rajeek; 09-20-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750xi M-Sport
I can attest, now that I got use to driving my car with this, I can't take it off. Completely transforms the driving experience and definitely a must have for our cars IMO. I drove an audi yesterday and the amount of lag in the throttle was frustrating

Carbon Black / Saddle Brown / Options: X-drive, M-sport, tech, exec, ACC, nightvision

6WB cluster retrofit / paddle & SAT shifter retrofit / BMS stage 1 tune / Pedal Box / 21" BMW 312 rims / 10mm frt & 12mm rear BMS spacers / LCI taillights / LCI grille / ACS spoiler / 760 exhaust tips & flap delete / Mtec V2 halos / Osram CBI HIDs / active high beam SZL / BMW performance pedals / 6NR retrofit / chrome wrapped with 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl / 20% tint / coded / blacked out calipers
Old 09-20-2013, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: 750i sport
Nice review. Anyway to install it and hide under seat or carpet? I hate having wires hanging and extra stuff hanging on the dash.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:19 AM

My PedalBox Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5 View Post
Nice review. Anyway to install it and hide under seat or carpet? I hate having wires hanging and extra stuff hanging on the dash.
Ya. You just hide the wires wherever you want. You may have to pull up the carpeting a bit but the install is up to you.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Damn you, Damn you, Damn you!

Now I guess I have to get one of these too.

Just placed my order, not bad for 256.99 using the promo code (BFPB) Raj mentioned. Then just for kicks, I entered promo code RWS and it came up FREE! I just had to pay $10 shipping and handling. Can't beat that, thanks again Raj!

Last edited by PREDATOR 007; 09-20-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:53 PM

My PedalBox Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
Damn you, Damn you, Damn you!

Now I guess I have to get one of these too.

Just placed my order, not bad for 256.99 using the promo code (BFPB) Raj mentioned. Then just for kicks, I entered promo code RWS and it came up FREE! I just had to pay $10 shipping and handling. Can't beat that, thanks again Raj!
I tried the RWS promo code also. It doubled the price on me and gave me an error stating I have a Kia and do not qualify for the discount. Had to go to a colleagues computer and then place the order instead. Guess the word is out!

Old 09-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Chilling

Mein Auto: F10 2013 550i xdrive
damn selling like hot cakes should of told me guys i can get better pricing.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550xi View Post
Now you tell us!!! Are you using this also? If so, thoughts?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: Sienna
We need get the vendors in and do a group buy on the BMS and PedalBox...

2012 750iAH Mineral White, Oyster Nappa with Fineline Matte Wood trim. Cold, Driver Assistance, Luxury, Instrument panel leather, Sdadowline and BMW Apps.

Retired -
2011 X5 50i M Sport Alpine White
Old 09-20-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu910 View Post
We need get the vendors in and do a group buy on the BMS and PedalBox...
When I spoke to the seller at Motive Mods, he actually did try to do a group buy on the pedal box a few months ago with Bimmerfest members. It flopped. I think we sold more on this thread than he did during his group buy.

From what I recall, Terry at BMS was asked to do a group by on the N63 Tune, but declined.

Still a great combo at an overall great price. #1 and #2 Bang for the buck by a long shot.

Last edited by rajeek; 09-20-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Love the siggy Raj! I want one. Heck, I'd like to have all three.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
Love the siggy Raj! I want one. Heck, I'd like to have all three.
+1. Can I +1 myself.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
+1. Can I +1 myself.
You can +1 yourself all you want. I'll bring the wood.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:22 PM
bimmerfest coolest Member

Mein Auto: f13 BMW M6
Damn, I want one now
2011 Mercedes-Benz e350 - Retired

Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i X Drive
Crap. More sh!t to buy for the car! I don't really need this yet now I want it. Thanks guys. Real thrilled with you all.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550xi View Post
I'll take better pricing for $1000 Alex......

And the answer is..................

Sprt Pkg, Conv. Pkg, Luxury Seat Pkg, Prem. Sound Pkg, Driver Assist Pkg, Heads Up, Cam Pkg, Ceramic, Sirius, Smartphone Integration. BSM/Black Napa/Ash Grain w/ RWS
Old 09-22-2013, 12:01 AM

Have had a few days to evaluate this now. Favorite mode is Regular Sport on the pedalbox. If the car is anywhere above 2000 RPM typically the pedalbox makes it take off like a rocket. If you are in the 1000 RPM range, there is still a bit of a lag, but still very improved once you get the RPM's up a bit. If you have the car suspension on sport mode which normally runs a gear lower and a bit higher RPM's, then the pedalbox really shines. Just a light stomp on the gas and your pushed back in your seat almost in an instant and flying forward. One thing I have noticed is I am using the brakes so much more now cause I am just jetting away all the time but then running into forward traffic. Gonna have to get used to it a bit more and lighten up on the car a bit I think. But when you want the acceleration in a timely manner, it is finally there with very much improved diminished lag. Still an excellent addition to any Kia!

Last edited by rajeek; 09-22-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750Li xD
My PedalBox Review

I ordered one too. Raj, is it possible to hide the controller away? If I leave it around accessible the car would be in the junk yard & I would be a widow

Old 09-22-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goren123 View Post
I ordered one too. Raj, is it possible to hide the controller away? If I leave it around accessible the car would be in the junk yard & I would be a widow

Just run the cord under then floor mat and hide the controller between the seat and middle console. It sould not be hard to find a place to shove the controller so it is not visible.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li X-Drive
Just installed mine, I ran it along the steering column and used the nice velcro they supplied to stick it next to the steering wheel where I could see it.

Have not driven the car yet. I assume the Prog button is for the different modes. What are the + and - buttons and the second set of lights for?
Old 09-22-2013, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoX750Li View Post
Have not driven the car yet. I assume the Prog button is for the different modes. What are the + and - buttons and the second set of lights for?
The +/- allows you to adjust the ramp rate of the throttle curve in each program. 3+ will make the throttle more sensitive, -3 less sensitive.

http://www.motivemods.com/v/vspfiles...oxPrograms.pdf

Carbon Black / Saddle Brown / Options: X-drive, M-sport, tech, exec, ACC, nightvision

6WB cluster retrofit / paddle & SAT shifter retrofit / BMS stage 1 tune / Pedal Box / 21" BMW 312 rims / 10mm frt & 12mm rear BMS spacers / LCI taillights / LCI grille / ACS spoiler / 760 exhaust tips & flap delete / Mtec V2 halos / Osram CBI HIDs / active high beam SZL / BMW performance pedals / 6NR retrofit / chrome wrapped with 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl / 20% tint / coded / blacked out calipers

Last edited by Jersseven; 09-22-2013 at 11:14 AM.