Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Can I have those?

Mein Auto: 2012 335is, 2013 X5d
How to Replace BMW Key Fob Battery

I have seen a few posts asking how to change the battery in the BMW key fob with comfort access but I have not seen anyone show pictures or an actual guide. I took some pictures of mine when I replaced the battery and did an easy how to guide since I have seen a lot of people asking about how to remove the battery.

The guide is here - How to Replace the Battery in a BMW Key Fob

Hopefully it helps some people out who have been looking for instructions with pictures.
Thanks
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolv23 View Post
I have seen a few posts asking how to change the battery in the BMW key fob with comfort access but I have not seen anyone show pictures or an actual guide. I took some pictures of mine when I replaced the battery and did an easy how to guide since I have seen a lot of people asking about how to remove the battery.

The guide is here - How to Replace the Battery in a BMW Key Fob

Hopefully it helps some people out who have been looking for instructions with pictures.
Thanks
No reflection on you or your guide but it's sad so many people need something like this.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:58 AM

Mein Auto: M3, 335GT
Nothing wrong with wanting to see a picture of a several-hundred-dollars-to-replace part before performing surgery on it. Yes this is a pretty simple operation, but pictures make the procedure easy and obvious. Thanks for the post.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebloom View Post
Nothing wrong with wanting to see a picture of a several-hundred-dollars-to-replace part before performing surgery on it. Yes this is a pretty simple operation, but pictures make the procedure easy and obvious. Thanks for the post.
You consider removing the battery cover surgery? If I recall correctly the steps to replace the battery on described in the owners manual. It's sad there are some people who need a step by step guide, with pictures, to replace a battery. A process that takes all of a minute or two.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:48 PM

Mein Auto: X5 E70
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
You consider removing the battery cover surgery? If I recall correctly the steps to replace the battery on described in the owners manual. It's sad there are some people who need a step by step guide, with pictures, to replace a battery. A process that takes all of a minute or two.
Yeah
There's a thing. My remote does NOT have a little cover so lovingly depicted in my user manual. Thought I'd share seeing how readily some of us pass judgments
Old 09-30-2013, 09:14 PM

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkosty View Post
Yeah
There's a thing. My remote does NOT have a little cover so lovingly depicted in my user manual. Thought I'd share seeing how readily some of us pass judgments
Then you apparently do not have Comfort Access. So your battery is charged with the fob in the ignition and is NOT user replaceable. For those of us with CA, the replacement procedure as described above and in the manual is very simple and should be performed about every two to three years.

Tom

Last edited by Tom K.; 09-30-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:25 PM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
This guy does key fob repair.

This guy does key fob repair.

http://www.bmwgm5.com/default.htm

Though he says the rechargable battery is seldom a problem.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
I subscribed to this channel on YouTube - tons of useful information.

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT