Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-23-2013, 11:42 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw e90 320
Any help please!

Hi there everyone! My bmw is e90 320i 2006! It has already 180k km! Lately i experienced that sometimes it doesn't want to start! Brake goes hard and it wont star. I press brake so hard that i think i will break her and he starts. Do you think its break booster that needs replacement? Or its just battery?

Then when i start the car it doesn't accept gas. If it does then when rpm starts to fall it goes to 500 and either starts to shake or turns off. If i stop on the lights and want to go he stalls and barley goes to 3000 rpm and then all of a sudden speeds up and drives normally. Sometimes going from reverse and back to drive he stalls! Is it solenoid!? I spend already 1500 dollars for mechanics and no result! One of them said that tensioners on my chain are going off and thats why its acting like this!
Please guys any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
320's are not common in the US

320's are not common in the US .
In fact 320's were not introduced till this year in the US.
So you probably need to find a Euro Board to get a response.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalexi View Post
Hi there everyone! My bmw is e90 320i 2006! It has already 180k km! Lately i experienced that sometimes it doesn't want to start! Brake goes hard and it wont star. I press brake so hard that i think i will break her and he starts. Do you think its break booster that needs replacement? Or its just battery?

Then when i start the car it doesn't accept gas. If it does then when rpm starts to fall it goes to 500 and either starts to shake or turns off. If i stop on the lights and want to go he stalls and barley goes to 3000 rpm and then all of a sudden speeds up and drives normally. Sometimes going from reverse and back to drive he stalls! Is it solenoid!? I spend already 1500 dollars for mechanics and no result! One of them said that tensioners on my chain are going off and thats why its acting like this!
Please guys any advice would be appreciated! p

Codes read?

Mech says slipping belt? Yeah, that might do it, but you'd hear from your computer on a number of things....
Old 09-24-2013, 06:30 AM

Any help please!

I have no error codes from the computer

Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
The brakes going hard point to a vacuum leak, possibly with the brake booster. If plugging the vacuum line from the engine's manifold to the booster resolves the engine problems, you'll know you have a bad booster. If it doesn't, there is a vacuum leak on the intake or intake manifold. Such leaks are quite common when the rubber hardens and cracks.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:34 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Quote:

What tool did you use to scan your car? A generic code scanner won't be able to pull BMW specific codes or shadow faults.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 09-24-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Well, did you use an OBDII reader capable of BMW proprietary, shadow, and hidden codes?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:26 PM

Any help please!

Here is what happened! I gave my car to a garage. They told me only code that comes its o2 sensor. Both of them. I replaced both of them. Car drastically changed. Started to shake and idle 80% less. But still does have symptoms like i mentioned above. They told me no other codes is there to be seen. Yesterday i took solenoids out and they had oil all over them. I cleaned them and put them back. Again 5% less rough idling and more power car has now. Also idiots didn't put my air filter box correctly so i fixed that. Now car has less idling and less noise but still not like it should be. So I checked my serpentine belt and found that one part is damaged. I believe that is the problem and plus belt tensioner and pulleys have to be changed. Ordering parts today so in few days i will have some results! Cuz my 320i sound little like its diesel engine. Here in UAE is hard to trust to mechanics and even when you take it to bmw they will tell you so much just to suck the money out! Thank you guys so much for replying!

Old 09-27-2013, 06:56 AM

Any help please!

Update! I changed my belt, idler pulley and tensioner! Works fine now! Doesent accept gas still like it should but it doesn't stall and shakes anymore! Ill change spark plugs tmrw and see if there is any improvement . Also, i cleaned maf sensor! Thank you guys and hope no ones bmw gets problems at all!

Old 09-27-2013, 07:21 AM

Try filling with the nozzle upside down. I occasionally have to do this with my car. Sometimes it's the gas pump, sometimes it's my car not venting properly.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 09-27-2013, 07:26 AM

Any help please!

I don't understand?

Old 09-27-2013, 08:23 PM

You said your car does not accept gas...I interpreted this as the gas pump stops as your filling up.

Try turning the gas pump nozzle upside down and see if your car keeps stopping the pump.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:38 PM

Any help please!

Thanks man! I will definitely check that. Im taking my car today to a friends mechanic to check timing. It might be that my timing is also wrong. So many things that it might be. But i will inspect every possible thing.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:32 AM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
You said your car does not accept gas...I interpreted this as the gas pump stops as your filling up.

Try turning the gas pump nozzle upside down and see if your car keeps stopping the pump.
Lolololol
This has crossed my mine before, I just didn't want people to think I'm crazy and start asking questions. I end up pulling the nozzle further and further out all while I'm holding it because it just keeps stopping (even when I hold it, and not at full flow either).
I guess its a little easier to flip it upside down now since I know why it actually does stop pumping. I can explain that.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:33 AM

Any help please!

Another problem. I park my car, five min after he doesn't want to start. Cranks but no start. Leave it for 15 min, starts fine. Also still problem when accelerating and from park position. As soon as i fix, im selling this car.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Another problem. I park my car, five min after he doesn't want to start. Cranks but no start. Leave it for 15 min, starts fine. Also still problem when accelerating and from park position. As soon as i fix, im selling this car.

You're fixing all the problems, THEN you want to sell? Dude!

Hey about that gas pump shutoff problem - look to your tank breather valve - believe it's part 10 on this pic from RealOEM. Might also be the source of 'no start after park' issue. Good luck to ya!

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 09-29-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:49 AM

Any help please!

I know spunds silly, but in Uae u get brand new bmw for such a low price. And plus, 2 years warranty.

I started to doubt its fuel filter. I found oil o. My spark plug. Car sounds like diesel engine. Valve cover should be changed. Everything started to fall apart. Im loosing my mind already.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
I know spunds silly, but in Uae u get brand new bmw for such a low price. And plus, 2 years warranty.

I started to doubt its fuel filter. I found oil o. My spark plug. Car sounds like diesel engine. Valve cover should be changed. Everything started to fall apart. Im loosing my mind already.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 AM

Any help please!

Mask movie???

Old 09-29-2013, 07:52 AM

Any help please!

Parked, 2 minutes after wont star. I used big brick and smashed the window. Smashed my bumper. And smashed my doors. Never again bmw. Thank you everyone for your help. But its not filter, coils or sensors. Its just ****t car.