Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 328i Coupe Auto
Cool fresh air heats up quickly!

I've noticed that when the fresh air fan is on without the AC, on the coolest temp, the vents heat up pretty good, causing the incoming air to feel warmer than I would like. I imagine the way the ventilation systen is routed, the engine heat is close and causing this. It's not too bad at highway speeds, but in stop n go traffic it's a drag!

Rob
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2013, 12:34 AM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Yep you have to open the windows to get it cool.

Yep you have to open the windows to get it cool.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i x Coupe M sport
It's all relative. I think this is very good at keeping the air cool.

My 2005 Subaru Legacy GT was HORRIBLE. Most people would swear the heat was blasting and tell me to shut it off. Nope, just "outside air". Has to be the way it was routed through the engine compartment. Couple that with the terrible auto climate control in the Subaru and you have a big big mess on our hands.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:10 AM

My 370Z was really bad too. AND.... If I would have the fan off, and the recirculating setting on, air would STILL come in the cabin from down below somewhere and make it get hot! Was the worst I ever felt! On the flip side, my 06 GTO was awesome and the vent air always stayed nice and cool, unless the car sat out in the hot Vegas summer sun for a while!

Rob
Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i x Coupe M sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrob126 View Post
My 370Z was really bad too. AND.... If I would have the fan off, and the recirculating setting on, air would STILL come in the cabin from down below somewhere and make it get hot! Was the worst I ever felt! On the flip side, my 06 GTO was awesome and the vent air always stayed nice and cool, unless the car sat out in the hot Vegas summer sun for a while!
Don't mention Vegas!!! For the last 4 years I have gone to Vegas every September for at least a week. Actually it would be this exact week. This year we aren't going. I miss the last bit of hot weather before I settle back into a Vermont Fall.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossman35 View Post
Don't mention Vegas!!! For the last 4 years I have gone to Vegas every September for at least a week. Actually it would be this exact week. This year we aren't going. I miss the last bit of hot weather before I settle back into a Vermont Fall.
I hear ya! Weather is at the really great point right now! 80s in the day and high 60s at night! It's been beautiful! I just wish we had more of the seasonal thing! We pretty much get maybe a month of in between and then plunge right into either summer or winter! Growing up in NY, I miss the 4 seasons......but NOT the rain!! . Cars stays nice and clean! And as shallow as it may sound, the lack of rain here in Vegas was one of the reasons I moved here!

Rob

Last edited by Bigrob126; 09-25-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrob126 View Post
I've noticed that when the fresh air fan is on without the AC, on the coolest temp, the vents heat up pretty good, causing the incoming air to feel warmer than I would like. I imagine the way the ventilation systen is routed, the engine heat is close and causing this. It's not too bad at highway speeds, but in stop n go traffic it's a drag!
Every car I've ever owned since my first '72 Buick Skylark.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **