Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-26-2013, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: e90
Door Sill Clip (passenger side)

hello, the door sill molding has come off and i cant attach it to the clips. Here is a pic of what i'm talking about that i found on another forum. but this is for the e90 so the clip looks slightly different. Anyone know of a good way of reattaching? also anyone know what the part number is in case i've damaged the clip?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	398900  
Ads by Google
Old 09-26-2013, 07:15 AM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Try bending slightly from the outer edges, but just slightly, and push down on the clip, the other clips slide, but the last one is a PITA.

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust
Old 09-26-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Try bending slightly from the outer edges, but just slightly, and push down on the clip, the other clips slide, but the last one is a PITA.

understood, was trying that last night. it seems you cant just slide all of them from right to left or left to right. So you are saying to slide 3 of the 4 in, and then bend the outter edge slightly to slide the last one in from the other way?

I saw a post were someone recommended to pullout the clips with pliers, put them on the molding, and then just manually push the molding in until the clips fastened. I think this was on a e46 though, is this not recommended?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wethead4 View Post
I saw a post were someone recommended to pullout the clips with pliers, put them on the molding, and then just manually push the molding in until the clips fastened. I think this was on a e46 though, is this not recommended?
Still works the same way. You'll drive yourself to distraction trying to reattach the trim to the clips if it has dislodged leaving the clips in the body. Pull them all, reattach to the trim panel, set the trim in position, align all clips with their holes (that's why they slide) and give a firm whack to each with the side of your fist to set them in place.

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Still works the same way. You'll drive yourself to distraction trying to reattach the trim to the clips if it has dislodged leaving the clips in the body. Pull them all, reattach to the trim panel, set the trim in position, align all clips with their holes (that's why they slide) and give a firm whack to each with the side of your fist to set them in place.
THanks, will give a try and report back.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by wethead4 View Post
understood, was trying that last night. it seems you cant just slide all of them from right to left or left to right. So you are saying to slide 3 of the 4 in, and then bend the outter edge slightly to slide the last one in from the other way?

Yes, make the piece "bow" a bit, and when you feel the clip is attached underneath, release the "bow". If you hit these things too hard, they will split.

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust
Old 09-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Pull the pins put them in the strip and press down.

Pull the strip out.(just pull vertically from the inside edge.Its pretty hard to hurt it)
Pull the pins out with a tool of your choice put them in the strip and press down.
That is the solution to this puzzle . I ran into the same thing
installing speakers under the seats. If you should happen to break one
of the pins they are cheap like a dollar .
I used one of those plastic pry bars to pull them.

pictures and part number included in the following link

see page 28 and 29

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...3&d=1329017429
BMW part no.
51-47-7-117-532 b18d clip wi .91 each door sill fastner

Last edited by ctuna; 09-26-2013 at 10:49 AM.