Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Seat Belts - Buckle Height and Ease of Buckling Seat Belt

The Buckles for both front seats are not easy to get to, especially if a seat is raised a little, because the buckles tend to be somewhat buried between the seat and the console. It is always a bit of a challenge finding the buckle to attach the seat belt. My wife, who is short, has a very difficult time attaching the seat belt to the buckle because she usually has the seat raised fairly high. The arthritis in her hands make it even more difficult.

Does BMW sell a replacement buckle/tensioner that is longer so it extends a little above the edge of the seat? I do not mind paying to have the existing buckles replaced if that will make it easier to plug in the belt.

I am reluctant to use a simple belt extension for the passenger seat because it will bypass the audible belt not engaged alarm and it then gets more difficult to force a passenger to buckle up. The buckle also automatically tensions the belt in the event of an accident and I do not know if the extended buckle will compromise this function.

I am going to check with the local dealer on Monday but I figure we cannot be the only people to run into this so I am curious what others have done.
Ads by Google
Old 12-07-2013, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
Your not only the only one - and I am as curious as you are as to what could be done about it.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 xDrive35i
RhoXS,

You know, I agree! I keep the seat pretty high and have the same issue. Thought it was only me. Can't see a simple solution to the problem.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder View Post
RhoXS,

You know, I agree! I keep the seat pretty high and have the same issue. Thought it was only me. Can't see a simple solution to the problem.
We need to be careful. There are a few too many posts accumulating where we agree with each other. People will start talking.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Being a new X3 owner (3days so far) this is only thing so far I have found to have me scratching my head. It is a real PIA.

2007 C260 4Matic - sold
2006 350Z Roadster - sold
To many others to bother with...
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 xDrive35i
RhoXS, great minds!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouda View Post
Being a new X3 owner (3days so far) this is only thing so far I have found to have me scratching my head. It is a real PIA.
We have had the car for two weeks now and I have asked my wife if I shall get the extension - she said don't bother you'll get used to it.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:29 PM
BMWCCA

Mein Auto: 11 Z4 35is/ED & 12 X3 28i
I have had my X3 for two years. I mainly drive it in winter. I did not notice it as much during summer, but with winter jacket it makes more difficult to find the buckle to clip. My seat is also set higher since I am short, 5' 4".