Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 PM
xolomom xolomom is offline
Registered User
Location: florida
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: 1990 325i convertible
E30 for $24,000

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...stingId=0&mmt=[BMW[325I[]][]]&vehicleStyleCodes=CONVERT&modelCode1=325I&sortBy=bestmatchb&makeCode1=BMW&startYear=1981&showcaseOwnerId=0&searchRadius=0&listingId=355848816&Log=0
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 09-27-2013, 06:34 PM
downhiller's Avatar
downhiller downhiller is offline
livin large
Location: des moines
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,697
Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
removed
__________________
I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-27-2013, 07:12 PM
xolomom xolomom is offline
Registered User
Location: florida
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: 1990 325i convertible
Sorry - it still shows up when I go direct. Anyway its $34,000 not $24,000. With 420 miles. Been in storage since the 80's.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 PM
xolomom xolomom is offline
Registered User
Location: florida
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: 1990 325i convertible
Click image for larger version

Name:	E30.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	399234
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Newman271's Avatar
Newman271 Newman271 is offline
That Guy
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 564
Mein Auto: 85' 335i
Ha that place is 2 minutes away from my work. They buy parts off of us daily. Good people....Crazy prices.
__________________
1985 335i
Black on Black coupe 5spd
Tokico lowering springs, KYB struts and shocks, BavAuto strut bars, SPC adjustable camber plates, Ireland Engineering rear toe and camber kit, Sparco buckets, Rota Torque 16x7 fronts 17x9.5 rear, MSD coil,M30B35 swap, Mustang GT Injectors, Port/Polish, 2.79 Lsd

1994 GMC Jimmy

1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary
#16 of 5,683 made

1972 Corvette Stingray- glass top with 4spd
8702 miles

KOI Import Parts-- 513-771-7777

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-28-2013, 03:29 PM
markseven markseven is offline
an audience of One
Location: John 3:17
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,315
Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman271 View Post
Ha that place is 2 minutes away from my work. They buy parts off of us daily. Good people....Crazy prices.
They are... uh... less than legit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Studawg's Avatar
Studawg Studawg is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 259
Mein Auto: 2003 540iT M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
They are... uh... less than legit.
Care to elaborate?
__________________
2003 540iT M Sport, Black Sapphire Metallic/Black leather, CWP, DSP, rear shades, Climate Comfort windshield
1988 325i 4dr/ 5Sp, Lachssilber Metallic/Black Leather
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Newman271's Avatar
Newman271 Newman271 is offline
That Guy
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 564
Mein Auto: 85' 335i
yeah please elaborate. Considering everyone who works there pretty much came from The Bmw Store near Cincinnati. They know their stuff, cool guys. Everyone I've heard who's dealt with them or bought vehicles from them have really enjoyed their experience. Plus it's nice to see Alpina's around this area
__________________
1985 335i
Black on Black coupe 5spd
Tokico lowering springs, KYB struts and shocks, BavAuto strut bars, SPC adjustable camber plates, Ireland Engineering rear toe and camber kit, Sparco buckets, Rota Torque 16x7 fronts 17x9.5 rear, MSD coil,M30B35 swap, Mustang GT Injectors, Port/Polish, 2.79 Lsd

1994 GMC Jimmy

1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary
#16 of 5,683 made

1972 Corvette Stingray- glass top with 4spd
8702 miles

KOI Import Parts-- 513-771-7777

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2013, 06:59 AM
markseven markseven is offline
an audience of One
Location: John 3:17
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,315
Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman271 View Post
yeah please elaborate. Considering everyone who works there pretty much came from The Bmw Store near Cincinnati. They know their stuff, cool guys. Everyone I've heard who's dealt with them or bought vehicles from them have really enjoyed their experience. Plus it's nice to see Alpina's around this area
I should clarify that I am only referring to the E30 M3s that they sell, but it's prolly safe to assume that their sales practices are not unique to this model alone.

That is definitely not the sentiment on the west coast or on S14.net for that matter (S14 hates them because they flip these cars). Both EA cars that I have seen in person, while touted on their website and by the sales people as "excellent examples", were clapped out and not close the level of excellence portrayed in the written description or in the pictures. One E30 M3, purchased for $35K from EA, arrived at Bulllet Performance needing another $7K in mechanical work. The other E30 M3 other arrived with ill-fitting bumpers, poorly aligned doors, (indiscernible in the pics), and a bad respray that looked great in pics.

IMO, from what I gather, the guys that buy from EA are typically not enthusiasts, per se, but well-heeled folks that like cars, want to own the legend, and don't have the time or interest in performing the due diligence. These are the guys that like EA. And thee are people that like EA's taste in inventory, which is cool.

I would NEVER buy a car site unseen, and caveat emptor, but, if you are going to sell cars waaaay above market value and describe them as "excellent", "perfect", "mint", etc, then I for one would expect the seller to deliver on as promised. A $35K E30 M3 should be a 'no surprises' proposition.

All that said, maybe some of the cars they sell are described accurately and the buyers are legitimately happy. I am basing my opinion on two cars that I have seen in person and the opinions of trusted shops that have had a few EA cars on their lifts.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Studawg's Avatar
Studawg Studawg is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 259
Mein Auto: 2003 540iT M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
I should clarify that I am only referring to the E30 M3s that they sell, but it's prolly safe to assume that their sales practices are not unique to this model alone.

That is definitely not the sentiment on the west coast or on S14.net for that matter (S14 hates them because they flip these cars). Both EA cars that I have seen in person, while touted on their website and by the sales people as "excellent examples", were clapped out and not close the level of excellence portrayed in the written description or in the pictures. One E30 M3, purchased for $35K from EA, arrived at Bulllet Performance needing another $7K in mechanical work. The other E30 M3 other arrived with ill-fitting bumpers, poorly aligned doors, (indiscernible in the pics), and a bad respray that looked great in pics.

IMO, from what I gather, the guys that buy from EA are typically not enthusiasts, per se, but well-heeled folks that like cars, want to own the legend, and don't have the time or interest in performing the due diligence. These are the guys that like EA. And thee are people that like EA's taste in inventory, which is cool.

I would NEVER buy a car site unseen, and caveat emptor, but, if you are going to sell cars waaaay above market value and describe them as "excellent", "perfect", "mint", etc, then I for one would expect the seller to deliver on as promised. A $35K E30 M3 should be a 'no surprises' proposition.

All that said, maybe some of the cars they sell are described accurately and the buyers are legitimately happy. I am basing my opinion on two cars that I have seen in person and the opinions of trusted shops that have had a few EA cars on their lifts.
"S14 hates them because they flip these cars"...thats ridiculous, thats what ALL dealers do, they flip cars! Thats such a hater statement.

"needing another $7k in mechanical work"....how do you know? Because thats what the MECHANIC told you, (or them)? Oh well it must be true, because we all know if the mechanic says it needs a new muffler bearing, it must need a new muffler bearing. Thats called a conflict of interests.

So "they are less than legit" because of 2 cars that you have seen in person and the opinions of some shops that make their living fixing cars.

Meanwhile, EA sells thousands of cars and probably has thousands of satisfied customers.

By the way, I have absolutely NO affiliation with EA and have never done business with them. I just hate it when people badmouth legitimate businesses that they havent even done business with personally, based on a very small amount of bogus info from less than objective sources.
__________________
2003 540iT M Sport, Black Sapphire Metallic/Black leather, CWP, DSP, rear shades, Climate Comfort windshield
1988 325i 4dr/ 5Sp, Lachssilber Metallic/Black Leather
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-12-2013, 09:58 AM
markseven markseven is offline
an audience of One
Location: John 3:17
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,315
Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Your opinion is as good as mine
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms