Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: 1990 325i convertible
E30 for $24,000

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...stingId=0&mmt=[BMW[325I[]][]]&vehicleStyleCodes=CONVERT&modelCode1=325I&sortBy=bestmatchb&makeCode1=BMW&startYear=1981&showcaseOwnerId=0&searchRadius=0&listingId=355848816&Log=0
Ads by Google
Old 09-27-2013, 06:34 PM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
removed
Old 09-27-2013, 07:12 PM

Sorry - it still shows up when I go direct. Anyway its $34,000 not $24,000. With 420 miles. Been in storage since the 80's.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	E30.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	399234
Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 AM
That Guy

Mein Auto: 85' 335i
Ha that place is 2 minutes away from my work. They buy parts off of us daily. Good people....Crazy prices.
Tokico lowering springs, KYB struts and shocks, BavAuto strut bars, SPC adjustable camber plates, Ireland Engineering rear toe and camber kit, Sparco buckets, Rota Torque 16x7 fronts 17x9.5 rear, MSD coil,M30B35 swap, Mustang GT Injectors, Port/Polish, 2.79 Lsd

1994 GMC Jimmy

1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary
#16 of 5,683 made

1972 Corvette Stingray- glass top with 4spd
8702 miles

KOI Import Parts-- 513-771-7777

Old 09-28-2013, 03:29 PM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman271 View Post
Ha that place is 2 minutes away from my work. They buy parts off of us daily. Good people....Crazy prices.
They are... uh... less than legit.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 540iT M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
They are... uh... less than legit.
Care to elaborate?
Old 10-11-2013, 06:03 AM
That Guy

Mein Auto: 85' 335i
yeah please elaborate. Considering everyone who works there pretty much came from The Bmw Store near Cincinnati. They know their stuff, cool guys. Everyone I've heard who's dealt with them or bought vehicles from them have really enjoyed their experience. Plus it's nice to see Alpina's around this area
Tokico lowering springs, KYB struts and shocks, BavAuto strut bars, SPC adjustable camber plates, Ireland Engineering rear toe and camber kit, Sparco buckets, Rota Torque 16x7 fronts 17x9.5 rear, MSD coil,M30B35 swap, Mustang GT Injectors, Port/Polish, 2.79 Lsd

1994 GMC Jimmy

1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary
#16 of 5,683 made

1972 Corvette Stingray- glass top with 4spd
8702 miles

KOI Import Parts-- 513-771-7777

Old 10-11-2013, 06:59 AM
an audience of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman271 View Post
yeah please elaborate. Considering everyone who works there pretty much came from The Bmw Store near Cincinnati. They know their stuff, cool guys. Everyone I've heard who's dealt with them or bought vehicles from them have really enjoyed their experience. Plus it's nice to see Alpina's around this area
I should clarify that I am only referring to the E30 M3s that they sell, but it's prolly safe to assume that their sales practices are not unique to this model alone.

That is definitely not the sentiment on the west coast or on S14.net for that matter (S14 hates them because they flip these cars). Both EA cars that I have seen in person, while touted on their website and by the sales people as "excellent examples", were clapped out and not close the level of excellence portrayed in the written description or in the pictures. One E30 M3, purchased for $35K from EA, arrived at Bulllet Performance needing another $7K in mechanical work. The other E30 M3 other arrived with ill-fitting bumpers, poorly aligned doors, (indiscernible in the pics), and a bad respray that looked great in pics.

IMO, from what I gather, the guys that buy from EA are typically not enthusiasts, per se, but well-heeled folks that like cars, want to own the legend, and don't have the time or interest in performing the due diligence. These are the guys that like EA. And thee are people that like EA's taste in inventory, which is cool.

I would NEVER buy a car site unseen, and caveat emptor, but, if you are going to sell cars waaaay above market value and describe them as "excellent", "perfect", "mint", etc, then I for one would expect the seller to deliver on as promised. A $35K E30 M3 should be a 'no surprises' proposition.

All that said, maybe some of the cars they sell are described accurately and the buyers are legitimately happy. I am basing my opinion on two cars that I have seen in person and the opinions of trusted shops that have had a few EA cars on their lifts.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 540iT M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
I should clarify that I am only referring to the E30 M3s that they sell, but it's prolly safe to assume that their sales practices are not unique to this model alone.

That is definitely not the sentiment on the west coast or on S14.net for that matter (S14 hates them because they flip these cars). Both EA cars that I have seen in person, while touted on their website and by the sales people as "excellent examples", were clapped out and not close the level of excellence portrayed in the written description or in the pictures. One E30 M3, purchased for $35K from EA, arrived at Bulllet Performance needing another $7K in mechanical work. The other E30 M3 other arrived with ill-fitting bumpers, poorly aligned doors, (indiscernible in the pics), and a bad respray that looked great in pics.

IMO, from what I gather, the guys that buy from EA are typically not enthusiasts, per se, but well-heeled folks that like cars, want to own the legend, and don't have the time or interest in performing the due diligence. These are the guys that like EA. And thee are people that like EA's taste in inventory, which is cool.

I would NEVER buy a car site unseen, and caveat emptor, but, if you are going to sell cars waaaay above market value and describe them as "excellent", "perfect", "mint", etc, then I for one would expect the seller to deliver on as promised. A $35K E30 M3 should be a 'no surprises' proposition.

All that said, maybe some of the cars they sell are described accurately and the buyers are legitimately happy. I am basing my opinion on two cars that I have seen in person and the opinions of trusted shops that have had a few EA cars on their lifts.
"S14 hates them because they flip these cars"...thats ridiculous, thats what ALL dealers do, they flip cars! Thats such a hater statement.

"needing another $7k in mechanical work"....how do you know? Because thats what the MECHANIC told you, (or them)? Oh well it must be true, because we all know if the mechanic says it needs a new muffler bearing, it must need a new muffler bearing. Thats called a conflict of interests.

So "they are less than legit" because of 2 cars that you have seen in person and the opinions of some shops that make their living fixing cars.

Meanwhile, EA sells thousands of cars and probably has thousands of satisfied customers.

By the way, I have absolutely NO affiliation with EA and have never done business with them. I just hate it when people badmouth legitimate businesses that they havent even done business with personally, based on a very small amount of bogus info from less than objective sources.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:58 AM
an audience of One

Your opinion is as good as mine