Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 10-05-2013, 11:49 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Re: RWS: Important Special Announcement

I am more annoyed that they even offered a product NOT including it...?
All e65/66 have it I believe.

Bimmer App on HTC-One
Old 10-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Bimmerfest CEO

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Guess I'm in the minority, but I would have it installed and if there are any problems insist that they take care of it and maybe even score some free bees.

WR 12.50 @ 112.05 MPH 9/18/14
Old 10-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 750i x drive
RWS: Important Special Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
Guess I'm in the minority, but I would have it installed and if there are any problems insist that they take care of it and maybe even score some free bees.
I was all for it, but when I look at the schematic (see BMW of S Atlanta link), my instincts tell me otherwise. Maybe I will call the BMW body shop this week and discuss it with them.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-08-2013, 06:24 PM

The high gloss fine line trim for the RWS has arrived in the USA from Germany. To install or not to install. That is the question.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RearTrimA.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	401062   Click image for larger version

Name:	RearTrimB.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	401063  

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST PROTOCOL View Post
The high gloss fine line trim for the RWS has arrived in the USA from Germany. To install or not to install. That is the question.
It exists people! Call the press!

Tough dilemma now especially since your already yearly paid Kia membership is non-refundable.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Bimmerfest CEO

Install it ASAP. Without a doubt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app

Old 10-08-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
Install it ASAP. Without a doubt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app
If it is to be done, additional parts as shown in the schematic picture would have to be ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RWSAssembly.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	401068  

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-08-2013, 08:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li X-Drive
How do you get the seat belt threaded through the trim?
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
If it is to be done, additional parts as shown in the schematic picture would have to be ordered.
Ouch.
#funkthat

Kudos for obtaining it.

Bimmer App on HTC-One
Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
HMMMMM..... #1 Is this a lease? #2 are they doing the work for free? If yes to both, I say DO IT!!!

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 10-08-2013, 11:51 PM

Seriously people! Someone has to try this.

GhostProtocol can you post the part # of the shelf?

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:41 PM

URGENT NEWS FLASH: THE HIGH GLOSS FINE LINE WOOD TRIM AND REAR WINDOW SHELF ARE CURSED!!!

Everyone beware of the curse of the high gloss fine line wood trim and RWS. I did not get the rear trim, but requested that BMW install one as a retrofit. The BMW representative met with my CA today at the dealership and BMW agreed to retrofit my new Seven for free with a RWS and rear trim. No sooner was the deal done and my Seven was GONE!!! My Seven had been brought over to the dealership for inspection and was parked in the front lot. A mysterious individual, who had been hanging out at the dealership for 2 1/2 hours, stole the key off my CA's desk and then the stole my Seven!!! My Seven was driven away on the very dangerous highway known as Route 22 and probably is now in a chop shop in Newark, NJ. Clearly, this is a curse associated with the high gloss fine line wood trim and RWS. Had I not attempted to retrofit the Seven with rear trim, it would not have been brought to the dealer today where it was stolen.

I am, however, turning this negative into a positive. I am immediately ordering a new Seven and changing the trim to one that comes with the RWS. I am also taking legal action against Raj if he refuses to refund my Kia Club membership fee.

Side Note: All that is left of my Seven is the rear trim that was ordered by my CA and which is still on his desk. If anyone else is interested in doing the retrofit, my CA has advised they would like to sell this part, rather than shipping it back to Germany. If anyone is interested in a mint condition fine line wood RWS, please let me know. Please be advised, however, I disclaim any responsibility for anything that happens to you as a result of the curse.

You can not make this stuff up!!!

2014 750ix M Sport

Last edited by GHOST PROTOCOL; 10-09-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
URGENT NEWS FLASH: THE HIGH GLOSS FINE LINE WOOD TRIM AND REAR WINDOW SHELF ARE CURSED!!!

Everyone beware of the curse of the high gloss fine line wood trim and RWS. I did not get the rear trim, but requested that BMW install one as a retrofit. The BMW representative met with my CA today at the dealership and BMW agreed to retrofit my new Seven for free with a RWS and rear trim. No sooner was the deal done and my Seven was GONE!!! My Seven had been brought over to the dealership for inspection and was parked in the front lot. A mysterious individual, who had been hanging out at the dealership for 2 1/2 hours, stole the key off my CA's desk and then the stole my Seven!!! My Seven was driven away on the very dangerous highway known as Route 22 and probably is now in a chop shop in Newark, NJ. Clearly, this is a curse associated with the high gloss fine line wood trim and RWS. Had I not attempted to retrofit the Seven with rear trim, it would not have been brought to the dealer today where it was stolen.

I am, however, turning this negative into a positive. I am immediately ordering a new Seven and changing the trim to one that comes with the RWS. I am also taking legal action against Raj if he refuses to refund my Kia Club membership fee.

Side Note: All that is left of my Seven is the rear trim that was ordered by my CA and which is still on his desk. If anyone else is interested in doing the retrofit, my CA has advised they would like to sell this part, rather than shipping it back to Germany. If anyone is interested in a mint condition fine line wood RWS, please let me know. Please be advised, however, I disclaim any responsibility for anything that happens to you as a result of the curse.

I am very sorry to hear this. Looks like you will be spending some time in court with me! Bring a bundt cake and we can share. Yum!

Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li

What in the heck!!!!?? Holy crap...

And Raj... It's pineapple upside down cake for stolen cars... Not bundt... Everyone knows that....

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 10-09-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:

Ok, not sure if this is true or not. If so, that is nuts. But BMW Assist can immediately locate the vehicle via it's GPS.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Ok, not sure if this is true or not. If so, that is nuts. But BMW Assist can immediately locate the vehicle via it's GPS.
It is true. The CA promised to provide me with a copy of the police report. The dealership did try to locate the car via GPS, but it was too late. The GPS was either disabled or the car was taken inside a building. My dealer is located in Springfield, NJ on Route 22 east. Route 22 east immediately takes you into some very rough areas in NJ. The guy who was at the dealership was there for 2 1/2 hours before he stole my Seven. They also found out he was casing another dealer nearby earlier in the day. The guy who stole my Seven obviously knew what he was doing.

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-09-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popoemt View Post
What in the heck!!!!?? Holy crap...

And Raj... It's pineapple upside down cake for stolen cars... Not bundt... Everyone knows that....

How about a Red Velvet Cake from Publix?

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
It is true. The CA promised to provide me with a copy of the police report. The dealership did try to locate the car via GPS, but it was too late. The GPS was either disabled or the car was taken inside a building. My dealer is located in Springfield, NJ on Route 22 east. Route 22 east immediately takes you into some very rough areas in NJ. The guy who was at the dealership was there for 2 1/2 hours before he stole my Seven. They also found out he was casing another dealer nearby earlier in the day. The guy who stole my Seven obviously knew what he was doing.

This is nuts man. Out the the goodness of my heart I will refund 50% of your Kia membership. What is going on with our cars people!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Bimmerfest CEO

Wow, that is crazy! What are you gettin' next?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:37 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Wait... WTF?

This is some Twilight Zone isht!

Bimmer App on HTC-One
Old 10-09-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:

For real???!! You are dealing with this very well.

I think I know the dealership, I got my 7 there. Its tightly situated on busy 22, not normal for a BMW dealership. Its kinda a busy place, people coming and going, not like the quiet BMW dealerships in the burbs of Chicago.

What are your options for a new car?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:40 PM

Crap, I just realized your car is essentially brand new! How long did you have it?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoX750Li View Post
Crap, I just realized your car is essentially brand new! How long did you have it?
I don't even think he officially took delivery of it yet. Had about another month until his 5 lease ran out. Is that correct?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Bimmerfest CEO

I think your right Raj. Sure will be less hassle since he never took possession.

Bet it looks like this now.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:17 PM

I did not take delivery. I was waiting until the end of this month when my current lease ends. Also, I requested the RWS retrofit be done as a courtesy to me. That is why the car was at the dealer today. They pulled it out of their storage lot and brought it to the dealer's lot so that the BMW representative could respond to my request for a free retrofit. BMW agreed to do the RWS retrofit for free and all the arrangements were made. The CA then told a worker to bring the car to the rear of the dealership and, when he went out front to get my car, it was gone.

I am going to order the same exact Seven, except that I will select a trim that comes with a RWS, which means less fees for Raj. (Sorry Raj.)

I have thought about changing my exterior color from Alpine White to Carbon Black, but am probably going to stick with AW.

Arrangements are also being made to extend my lease and keep all incentives in place on my yet to be ordered Seven so that the deal I made on the other Seven is preserved.

2014 750ix M Sport