Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:18 PM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci
This is some crazy talk. Between all the accidents and now this theft...wtf.

F01 750i Dark Graphite Metallic
M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Taillight LCI Tint | Mtec V3 Halo LED | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
Sport | PDC | Convenience | Sunshade | Navigation
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old 10-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 750i x drive
RWS: Important Special Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom7 View Post
This is some crazy talk. Between all the accidents and now this theft...wtf.
It is the curse of the RWS!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-09-2013, 06:54 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST PROTOCOL View Post
I did not take delivery. I was waiting until the end of this month when my current lease ends. Also, I requested the RWS retrofit be done as a courtesy to me. That is why the car was at the dealer today. They pulled it out of their storage lot and brought it to the dealer's lot so that the BMW representative could respond to my request for a free retrofit. BMW agreed to do the RWS retrofit for free and all the arrangements were made. The CA then told a worker to bring the car to the rear of the dealership and, when he went out front to get my car, it was gone.

I am going to order the same exact Seven, except that I will select a trim that comes with a RWS, which means less fees for Raj. (Sorry Raj.)

I have thought about changing my exterior color from Alpine White to Carbon Black, but am probably going to stick with AW.

Arrangements are also being made to extend my lease and keep all incentives in place on my yet to be ordered Seven so that the deal I made on the other Seven is preserved.

Ok seriously this is NUCKIN FUTS!!!!!

RWS curse if I've ever seen one.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Ok seriously this is NUCKIN FUTS!!!!!

RWS curse if I've ever seen one.
Rumor has it that my Seven is now on its way to Columbia where it will be driven by a local Drug Lord. Further rumor has it that the local Drug Lord is going to execute all of those responsible for stealing my car and bringing it to him because my Seven is missing the RWS.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Columbian Drug Lords don't like being ridiculed and relegated to the Kia Club. Therefore, do not bring them stolen Sevens that are missing the RWS!

The curse of the RWS continues!!!

2014 750ix M Sport

Last edited by GHOST PROTOCOL; 10-10-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li & 335i
Thumbs up An example of good attitude

All I can say is I admire how G P has chosen to deal with all this.
Sincere kudos.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego G View Post
All I can say is I admire how G P has chosen to deal with all this.
Sincere kudos.
I am suspicious he had the car stolen on purpose so he could get a replacement with an OEM fitted RWS. This whole thing stinks to high heaven!

As you know pics or it didn't happen. Gonna need to see that police report.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Ghost, this is an awful story.

I know where your dealer's located- super high traffic area.

You have the patience of Jobe.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM

THE NEW - NEW SEVEN IS ON ITS WAY AND IT HAS A RWS!!!

I placed my order today for a new - new seven. It is the same exact car as before, with the exception of one thing: IT HAS A REAR WOOD SHELF!!!

I deleted the high gloss fine line wood trim from the order, cancelled my membership in the Kia Club, and added burled walnut trim with inlay, which includes the RWS.

Once I am provided with a copy of the police report, I will post it on this thread to prove to my accusers that I am completely innocent in connection with the theft of the old - new seven that was missing the RWS.

2014 750ix M Sport

Last edited by GHOST PROTOCOL; 10-10-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:15 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
Just wondering if there is any difference in long wheelbase cars versus short when it comes to rws. Of course the car I got has fine line wood trim.thought it was ash grain in the pictures. Looks like I have to do the retrofit.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyc1077 View Post
Just wondering if there is any difference in long wheelbase cars versus short when it comes to rws. Of course the car I got has fine line wood trim.thought it was ash grain in the pictures. Looks like I have to do the retrofit.
Nope. It is your wood trim option, not the length of the car.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 PM

Mein Auto: 750i
Looking at the diagram looks like the wood trim could fit in the cars with fine line. Just need to drill a couple holes where the wood mounts. Anyone try it? OP, did the dealer confirm other parts are needed?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyc1077 View Post
Looking at the diagram looks like the wood trim could fit in the cars with fine line. Just need to drill a couple holes where the wood mounts. Anyone try it? OP, did the dealer confirm other parts are needed?
Yes, the other parts (including the rear window shelf) are needed. The rear window shelf that comes in the cars with with the fine line wood trim is shaped differently than the shelf used when the cars comes with the rear trim. You also have to order the chrome bracket which the seatbelt feeds through because the bracket that comes in the cars with fine line wood trim is grey. In short, you need the whole assembly of parts to do the job correctly. I will not be proceeding with the retrofit because my car is MIA since it was stolen off the dealer'a lot.

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LIX M sport
CRAP! I have the Piano Black upgraded wood trim. There is an inlaid piano wire in the trim on the dash and doors. The piano wire inlay is suspiciously missing on the RWS. Is the car safe to drive? Please help! kt2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	750 pix for jamie 015 - Copy.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	402016  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
The car is in fact safe to drive. However, I am very troubled that you do not have the inlaid piano wire in your RWS. It has been confirmed that all inlay trims are also present in the RWS. This is worthy of a complaint to BMWNA. Before we pass judgment, can you please post a pic of your RWS. This is solely for posterity reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
Go someplace that sells essential oils and get some lavender. Put a couple drops on your wrists and smell it when you feel anxious. It works!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM

When I first ordered my Seven, I did not think that the RWS would make a difference either way, but I have to admit that I was wrong. Look at the difference between these two pictures. The first is a picture of my now stolen Seven. The second is the picture from Richard's signature. (Sorry if I violated your copyright Richard!) The difference is amazing. I can not believe that BMW is selling $100,000 + Sevens without installing the trim in the rear of the car. Anyone who gets a Seven without a RWS should get the retrofit for free, especially since the configurator shows the rear trim with ALL trim selections.

Addendum: This opinion is being expressed from the OCD side of the Seven Forum. In the end, each person has to decide for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RWS.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	402140   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	402141  

2014 750ix M Sport

Last edited by GHOST PROTOCOL; 10-17-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:59 PM

What a bummer. The BMW USA site said the same thing for the past week, i.e., that my order has been acknowledged. I called BMW of N.A. today and the automated system stated that my car is scheduled for production, but that no definite production start date has been assigned yet.

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM

This is the guy who stole my car!!! (allegedly)

ALERT: Savvy Car Thief Steals Two Vehicles From North Jersey Dealership Lots

NJ CAR has been informed that two dealers in northern New Jersey were victimized by a car thief earlier this week. In addition to the two vehicles stolen, the alleged thief was also spotted at a third location but left before police arrived.

It appears that the thief wanders around the store and waits for a key to be left unattended. He has been spotted in various areas of the dealerships including the service area, sales and parking lot. Attached below is a security image of the alleged thief.

One dealership attempted to communicate with the car's security system shortly after it was stolen, but it did not return a signal, which seems to indicate that the thief knows how to disable the system.

Dealers should be aware of any unusual activity at their dealership and should make sure that all vehicle keys are locked away and NEVER left unattended.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	402721  

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-17-2013, 05:08 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Re: RWS: Important Special Announcement

Whoa... Isaac Hayes is still alive???

Bimmer App on HTC-One
Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Now that have a picture, hopefully they'll find him now.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwlvr60 View Post
now that have a picture, hopefully they'll find him now.
The curse of the RWS has struck again!

The felon who stole my car has been caught and is now in jail!

The felon is facing charges of grand theft auto!

The penalty is 25 years to life imprisonment plus a severe beating with the RWS that is currently sitting on my CA's desk!

2014 750ix M Sport

Last edited by GHOST PROTOCOL; 10-30-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
The curse of the RWS has struck again!

The felon who stole my car has been caught and is now in jail!

The felon is facing charges of grand theft auto!

The penalty is 25 years to life imprisonment plus a severe beating with the RWS that is currently sitting on my CA's desk!
Be a swell dude and post bail for him. He was probably just looking for the RWS and was devastated when he realized he stole your fake 7. You owe it to him.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Be a swell dude and post bail for him. He was probably just looking for the RWS and was devastated when he realized he stole your fake 7. You owe it to him.

He may be able to mitigate or even completely wiggle out of the charges by pleading insanity.

A guy has got to be crazy to steal a Seven without a RWS.

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
He may be able to mitigate or even completely wiggle out of the charges by pleading insanity.

A guy has got to be crazy to steal a Seven without a RWS.
I totally agree. How about someone who would actually buy a 7 without a RWS? What can we say about them? Guess I'll just go look in the mirror with disgust again.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I totally agree. How about someone who would actually buy a 7 without a RWS? What can we say about them? Guess I'll just go look in the mirror with disgust again.

As will I. If it were not for The Curse of the RWS, I would be driving around in a shelfless Seven.

As to the felon, he probably wanted to get caught because his fence probably refused to buy the shelfless Seven. Since he could not make the sale, the felon had no money and had no alternative but to allow him self to get caught and thrown in jail where he will receive free room and board.

I also just learned that the felon was caught while in the process of attempting to steal an Audi at another dealership.

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 10-30-2013, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Audi's have RWS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
Go someplace that sells essential oils and get some lavender. Put a couple drops on your wrists and smell it when you feel anxious. It works!