Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
WhiteFury's Avatar
WhiteFury WhiteFury is offline
Booooost!
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 243
Mein Auto: 2011 335i N55
Injen Cold Air Intake, I found it cheap! Should I?

I found a injen cold air intake for the N55 and its in perfect condition. It comes with the ram air tube for it and it replaces the whole pipe to the other side of the engine unlike the bms intake.

The injen intake retails for $349 and bms $199.

I found the injen intake used for $175 should I jump on it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1380496346.969588.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	399496

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1380496355.664695.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	399497

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1380496362.897755.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	399498


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:32 PM
thekurgan's Avatar
thekurgan thekurgan is offline
Bad Lieutenant
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,832
Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
If you want more noise and less filtration, get it.
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/BMW Alcantara wheel
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:32 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,204
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Yeah I'd risk it especially if I knew the seller.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:35 PM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is offline
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,143
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
A hot metal pipe to move cool air......waste of money, stock units are good for over 400whp.
__________________
Kevin

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT convt
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
PAST:
Very, Very Long List
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:41 PM
WhiteFury's Avatar
WhiteFury WhiteFury is offline
Booooost!
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 243
Mein Auto: 2011 335i N55
Injen Cold Air Intake, I found it cheap! Should I?

I was just wondering as guys are spending money to get bms which just replaces the short pipe this replaces the whole pipe and comes with a port for the ram air.

I just figured since the charge pipe is metal and adds more flow that this would be great.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:49 PM
tonyt311 tonyt311 is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
Mein Auto: 335i xdrive/328i/530
Your gut is telling you the right thing to do
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is offline
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,143
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
The most effective filters are the DCI style. Its counter intuitive because they pull air in from under the hood but all the top 135/335 drag cars including Terry who owns BMS use them. The lesson to be learned here is things that work well in a specific racing application may not be worth anything on the street. One of the other 335IS's testing new JB4/ISO firmware has run 11.8/118mph on the stock air filter. Its unfortunate that most new guys just look to the bling & not the function of a product.
__________________
Kevin

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT convt
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
PAST:
Very, Very Long List
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-29-2013, 04:58 PM
WhiteFury's Avatar
WhiteFury WhiteFury is offline
Booooost!
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 243
Mein Auto: 2011 335i N55
Injen Cold Air Intake, I found it cheap! Should I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-avhistory View Post
The most effective filters are the DCI style. Its counter intuitive because they pull air in from under the hood but all the top 135/335 drag cars including Terry who owns BMS use them. The lesson to be learned here is things that work well in a specific racing application may not be worth anything on the street. One of the other 335IS's testing new JB4/ISO firmware has run 11.8/118mph on the stock air filter. Its unfortunate that most new guys just look to the bling & not the function of a product.

I'm new to this car and I don't want bling. I honestly don't care for the chrome I actually wanted powder coat black. I actually build cars for a hobby. I have a couple mustangs that I build.

I am just not sure on this car, I just don't want everything to think I am a car noob because that would have been my title about 22 years ago lmao.

Thanks for taking the time to help I am trying to learn this car.

What does a stock 335i run stock vs just jb4 or Cobb?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 PM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is offline
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,143
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
No good way to answer that because of too many variables, drivers, weather, track, tires, condition of the car (a big one) etc. The fastest 335 fully modded with a humongous single turbo is 10.8 at 131. Not really worth the money because by the time you get the single & all the supporting hardware you are in for over $15K. The fastest JB4 car is FBO & runs 11.0 at 130mph for less than a third of the cost of the single turbo. Best COBB listed is also FBO & runs 11.4 at 125mph

In very very general terms a stock 335i with the N54 engine is in the 13.6/7 - 105mph range The N55 maybe just a hair slower, not enough to matter. 335is 13.1/110mph. The worse time for a stock 335i listed on Drag Times in position #265 is an E93 at 13.8/99.8mph. My car in pure stock form in #135 place with the last generation JB4 on 94 octane fuel is listed at 12.5 at 114mph. So with the basic tune & nothing else I picked up .6 second & 4mph.

With the new system it should be in the 12-12.1 range at 118mph, but that involves better gas & an additional tuning step called the BMS back end tune. I have also added an FMIC which does not really add power but it keeps you from losing it to heat soak. Will find out later this fall.

COBB is a good system but I just don't see it matching the JB4/ISO without going the extra step of having it Pro Tuned, even so the the lead pro tuner for COBB is not as quick as Terry's BMS test car.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335i-D...l?resultpage=1
__________________
Kevin

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT convt
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
PAST:
Very, Very Long List

Last edited by bear-avhistory; 09-29-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-29-2013, 05:40 PM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,007
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
I found the injen intake used for $175 should I jump on it?

What are your goals with this car?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-29-2013, 07:16 PM
WhiteFury's Avatar
WhiteFury WhiteFury is offline
Booooost!
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 243
Mein Auto: 2011 335i N55
Injen Cold Air Intake, I found it cheap! Should I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-avhistory View Post
No good way to answer that because of too many variables, drivers, weather, track, tires, condition of the car (a big one) etc. The fastest 335 fully modded with a humongous single turbo is 10.8 at 131. Not really worth the money because by the time you get the single & all the supporting hardware you are in for over $15K. The fastest JB4 car is FBO & runs 11.0 at 130mph for less than a third of the cost of the single turbo. Best COBB listed is also FBO & runs 11.4 at 125mph

In very very general terms a stock 335i with the N54 engine is in the 13.6/7 - 105mph range The N55 maybe just a hair slower, not enough to matter. 335is 13.1/110mph. The worse time for a stock 335i listed on Drag Times in position #265 is an E93 at 13.8/99.8mph. My car in pure stock form in #135 place with the last generation JB4 on 94 octane fuel is listed at 12.5 at 114mph. So with the basic tune & nothing else I picked up .6 second & 4mph.

With the new system it should be in the 12-12.1 range at 118mph, but that involves better gas & an additional tuning step called the BMS back end tune. I have also added an FMIC which does not really add power but it keeps you from losing it to heat soak. Will find out later this fall.

COBB is a good system but I just don't see it matching the JB4/ISO without going the extra step of having it Pro Tuned, even so the the lead pro tuner for COBB is not as quick as Terry's BMS test car.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335i-D...l?resultpage=1
Awesome. I just was thinking about Jb4 and I just want to lower it a out .5 of an inch maybe 1 inch. I hear the sport package is .5 drop over premium is this true?

So jb4/ISO is the newest tune right? I heard it allows control of lag fix and other things.

I want this to be my smooth reliable dd. I don't want this to be a drag car.






Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:06 PM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is offline
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,143
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Don't know the ride hight difference. Both mine have the sport package as std. If you want to do the suspension Cal is the one for advice. JB4/ISO is the current version. Its a good package for a DD you just use Map 1 or 5. The system is very flexible with a lot of features, to much to list here. Go to the BMS site for info.

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb4_pnp_...nce_tuner.html
__________________
Kevin

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT convt
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
PAST:
Very, Very Long List
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:33 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,204
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-avhistory View Post
Best COBB WAS listed is also FBO & runs 11.4 at 125mph
Until it got hit and totaled cause it was the greatest e90 sedan ever made
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:36 PM
WhiteFury's Avatar
WhiteFury WhiteFury is offline
Booooost!
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 243
Mein Auto: 2011 335i N55
Injen Cold Air Intake, I found it cheap! Should I?

I checked that out although that was the n54 jb4 which installs on the ecu from what I can tell. The n55 looks like a fast install to the numerous sensors.

Is this correct? It doesn't make as much power as the n54 tho. The n55 jb4 stage one or two only makes about 340 rwhp on a stock setup where as the n54 does like 370.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:51 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,204
Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
I checked that out although that was the n54 jb4 which installs on the ecu from what I can tell. The n55 looks like a fast install to the numerous sensors.

Is this correct? It doesn't make as much power as the n54 tho. The n55 jb4 stage one or two only makes about 340 rwhp on a stock setup where as the n54 does like 370.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
This is true the N54 is a kind of anomaly in that the car can legit be thrashed (when warmed up properly) with close to or more than double the RWP it came from the factory with. This is not the case with the N55 and why after my N54 got hit I did not end up in a brand new 335i (I would have it if it was coming with the n54 [although could have gotten an iS] ).

Cobb/JB4 dont' trip any sensors (although Cobb can through a random code when plugged in) nothing is going haywire when its on like with some of the angel eye installs in the past that threw malfunction lights.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 09-29-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 PM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,007
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
I checked that out although that was the n54 jb4 which installs on the ecu from what I can tell. The n55 looks like a fast install to the numerous sensors.

Is this correct? It doesn't make as much power as the n54 tho. The n55 jb4 stage one or two only makes about 340 rwhp on a stock setup where as the n54 does like 370.

Reminder: Horsepower is far less important on the street than torque. As a wise man said, horsepower's how fast you can go - torque's what you feel.

Mine's limited to 150 mph stock - I have real difficulty approaching that speed. In fact, the last time I tried, I felt a horrible pain in my right shoulder as my sweetie screamed SLOW DOWN! SLOW DOWN! I have never been able to exceed 130. She hits hard.

But JB4 torque....yeah, that feels good all of the time, from a standing start to 80 mph which comes unexpectedly fast - never gets old. Biggest issue with JB4's moving slow enough to keep your bad self outa trouble! And that's before meth.

Really, were I you, I'd install JB4 and call it a day. Not that you're done - available controls are many - you'll spend the next six months having big fun trying this 'n' that if inclined.

Now, then....have a hard look at your suspension.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-29-2013, 11:17 PM
WhiteFury's Avatar
WhiteFury WhiteFury is offline
Booooost!
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 243
Mein Auto: 2011 335i N55
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Reminder: Horsepower is far less important on the street than torque. As a wise man said, horsepower's how fast you can go - torque's what you feel.

Mine's limited to 150 mph stock - I have real difficulty approaching that speed. In fact, the last time I tried, I felt a horrible pain in my right shoulder as my sweetie screamed SLOW DOWN! SLOW DOWN! I have never been able to exceed 130. She hits hard.

But JB4 torque....yeah, that feels good all of the time, from a standing start to 80 mph which comes unexpectedly fast - never gets old. Biggest issue with JB4's moving slow enough to keep your bad self outa trouble! And that's before meth.

Really, were I you, I'd install JB4 and call it a day. Not that you're done - available controls are many - you'll spend the next six months having big fun trying this 'n' that if inclined.

Now, then....have a hard look at your suspension.
Thanks for the help. Is the JB4 stage 1 or 2 recommended? Is it going to shorten the life of the engine? I plan on taking good care of the car and its my reliable DD.
__________________


JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-29-2013, 11:46 PM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,007
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
Thanks for the help. Is the JB4 stage 1 or 2 recommended? Is it going to shorten the life of the engine? I plan on taking good care of the car and its my reliable DD.
Can't say as I don't know the technical details of JB4 for N55. Can say that downpipe isn't needed for a satisfying power gain - decide later on that, not an easy install.

Naturally increased torque will shorten engine life, but BMW engines are somewhat over-engineered. Problems w/JB4 are rare. Issues I've seen like thrown rod; intake valve fouling & piston wall scoring have also been documented in stock engines.

Cyl's 5 & 6 known to have somewhat weaker cooling - that has not translated into common problems in the field, but when a failure occurs it's usually there. 250,000 mi poss if maintained, maybe more. Highly modified mills, here we're talking FBO + larger turbo[s] etc., all bets off.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 AM
hondo402000 hondo402000 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charlotte, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,771
Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
thats more like a Hot air intake, sucking under hood air rather than air from in front of the radiator
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-30-2013, 09:25 AM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is offline
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,143
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
The JB4 for the N55 functions exactly the same as the JB4 for the N54. Why it looks different in the pictures is the N54 & N55 have different ECU's so the pick up points where you plug into the wiring harness are different. Stage 1 is a very limited version without many features. With an N55 you want buy http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_Stage2_Jb4.html or save your money & stay stock.

Stock or with a tune the N55 will not be as powerful as the N54. Its the way its designed. When BMW built limited production performance series 1M, 335is & Z4 35is they used the N54 not the N55. The only IS using the N55 is the 135IS & it uses the BMW PPK-2 for its power upgrade. The other three have different default programming with higher boost limits & special ignition advance curves designed for the higher boost levels. The 11.9/118 335 I talked about above is a 335IS N54.

The good news is the N55 version is a lot easier to install than the N54 one. Should be very quick even for the first time. Just be sure if you elect to get it is to check the TMAP plug (see install instructions) to get the correct harness. Also do not buy it with out the lap top connecting cable. This enables the free software updates & lets you log exactly what is happening in the engine. Sample log is attached. Terry will ask for these logs if you have any performance questions.

__________________
Kevin

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT convt
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
PAST:
Very, Very Long List

Last edited by bear-avhistory; 09-30-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 PM
WhiteFury's Avatar
WhiteFury WhiteFury is offline
Booooost!
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 243
Mein Auto: 2011 335i N55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-avhistory View Post
The JB4 for the N55 functions exactly the same as the JB4 for the N54. Why it looks different in the pictures is the N54 & N55 have different ECU's so the pick up points where you plug into the wiring harness are different. Stage 1 is a very limited version without many features. With an N55 you want buy http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_Stage2_Jb4.html or save your money & stay stock.

Stock or with a tune the N55 will not be as powerful as the N54. Its the way its designed. When BMW built limited production performance series 1M, 335is & Z4 35is they used the N54 not the N55. The only IS using the N55 is the 135IS & it uses the BMW PPK-2 for its power upgrade. The other three have different default programming with higher boost limits & special ignition advance curves designed for the higher boost levels. The 11.9/118 335 I talked about above is a 335IS N54.

The good news is the N55 version is a lot easier to install than the N54 one. Should be very quick even for the first time. Just be sure if you elect to get it is to check the TMAP plug (see install instructions) to get the correct harness. Also do not buy it with out the lap top connecting cable. This enables the free software updates & lets you log exactly what is happening in the engine. Sample log is attached. Terry will ask for these logs if you have any performance questions.


Thanks for all your help!

Will the N55 ever catch up to the N54? I wonder why they did this bogus downgrade during production. Although they have the same factory HP rating.
__________________


JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,773
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
Will the N55 ever catch up to the N54?
Likely not. Two separate turbochargers are easier to coax to higher pressures than a single dual-inline-impeller turbocharger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
I wonder why they did this bogus downgrade during production. Although they have the same factory HP rating.
Because, as you note, at factory ratings, it's not a downgrade. It produces the same HP/torque ratings as the older unit, using fewer parts and a less intricate control methodology. BMW wasn't looking to produce a tunable engine, they were trying for more reliability when stock.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion

Last edited by Zooks527; 09-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-30-2013, 02:49 PM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is offline
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,143
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
The factory horsepower ratings are just marketing numbers will little reference to reality. The numbers are the same in the adds but any dyno run will show that they are different in the real world
__________________
Kevin

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT convt
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
PAST:
Very, Very Long List

Last edited by bear-avhistory; 09-30-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms