Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Ace535i's Avatar
Ace535i Ace535i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA, Pacific Time
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,321
Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
A Sweet M3 Find???

Aficionados please give your opinion:

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aler_id=568999

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:04 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,116
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Honestly with the f80s around the corner I'd wait a few months and start seeing a few k come off.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:16 PM
07 E63650i's Avatar
07 E63650i 07 E63650i is offline
Living in Fast Forward
Location: Southern California, USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,962
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i
A Sweet M3 Find???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Honestly with the f80s around the corner I'd wait a few months and start seeing a few k come off.
+1

Agreed. However, that is a sweet color on the car.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Once a 6'er, always a 6'er.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:34 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,811
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
I can tell you it's the fastest color.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2013, 05:59 PM
alee's Avatar
alee alee is offline
Super Moderator
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,012
Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I can tell you it's the fastest color.
Jerez is the fastest. But Le Mans Blue is definitely the second fastest, and that's ok.

Good specimen... you might get the price knocked down a little, but for 310 miles it's only seen 2 tanks of gas worth of driving.
__________________
2001 E46 330Ci - 42K miles, 2013 E92 M3 - Back from PCD
Thinking about doing European Delivery? Read about my ED experience. Best trip, ever.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2013, 06:04 PM
twhisten twhisten is offline
Drive it like u stole it!
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 781
Mein Auto: 2013 M3
Is my color the slowest?? That car looks sweet! Too loaded for me to be an M though.....that just me though......You should be able to negotiate to the high 60's......
__________________


1997 328i- retired
2007 328i- retired- lease
2006 330xi- retired
2011 335xi-PCD-12/13/10 - DINAN3-----retired
2013 M3-Laguna Seca-6 speed-EDC

2006 X5- retired
2011 X5- retired- buy back

bmw cca#443379
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Ace535i's Avatar
Ace535i Ace535i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA, Pacific Time
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,321
Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
I appreciate everyone's responses!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-03-2013, 11:18 AM
thumper_330's Avatar
thumper_330 thumper_330 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,373
Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_330 Send a message via Skype™ to thumper_330
Mein Auto: 2012 K1600GT, 2008 M3
If it speaks to you, get it. I'd definitely talk them down a bit, though... you can get it for a chunk less than that.

Despite the F8x coming out, I'd say the likelihood is that this is both (a) not going to drop much in price at that point and (b) is not going to stay on the lot long! There's a contingent of people who desire M3's who want to get the last NA V8 M3's... hell, I'm one of them. Some will go a long distance to find the right car, so I doubt it's going to be for sale for long.

Over on M3Post there's been chatter about this recently; E92's especially seem to be selling pretty quickly.
__________________
2001 E46 BMW 330i Sport Package 6MT *SOLD*
2004 BMW R1150GS - *SOLD*
2004 E60 BMW 545i Sport 6MT - *SOLD*
2012 BMW 135i - Deep Sea Blue / Terracotta / DCT *SOLD*
2012 BMW K1600GT - Vermillion Red Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Silver / 6MT

http://www.driveblog.net
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Ace535i's Avatar
Ace535i Ace535i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA, Pacific Time
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,321
Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_330 View Post
If it speaks to you, get it. I'd definitely talk them down a bit, though... you can get it for a chunk less than that.

Despite the F8x coming out, I'd say the likelihood is that this is both (a) not going to drop much in price at that point and (b) is not going to stay on the lot long! There's a contingent of people who desire M3's who want to get the last NA V8 M3's... hell, I'm one of them. Some will go a long distance to find the right car, so I doubt it's going to be for sale for long.

Over on M3Post there's been chatter about this recently; E92's especially seem to be selling pretty quickly.
What price would you negotiate?

I thought the car would be gone last month.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Ace535i's Avatar
Ace535i Ace535i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA, Pacific Time
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,321
Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by twhisten View Post
Is my color the slowest?? That car looks sweet! Too loaded for me to be an M though.....that just me though......You should be able to negotiate to the high 60's......
Which options would you avoid?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,401
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
Aficionados please give your opinion:

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aler_id=568999

Thank you!
I know this car....sort of...this car got my attention about 10 days ago and I have been lurking... inexplicably something about it draws me back to it - and wham - here it is on Bimmerfest. I think it is gorgeous and has the potential to be a keeper despite not having a CF roof - I actually like the moonroof.

2 weeks ago they were asking a couple of grand more....I think the price is very fair. The car has every option - I think? - including DCT - Enhanced Sound - Competition Pack - extended leather etc. and only 310 miles!

Personally, I would not wait for the new one. Although I will probably buy a new one, I realize I will be Beta testing for BMW - first year BMW new car introductions are usually rough. If I were you, I'd snap this one up - quick - enjoy if for a couple/three years and then decide if you want to move on to the new M3/M4. I think the E92 M3 will always be in style and appreciated by enthusiasts where ever you drive - especially this very cool LeMans Blue beauty.
__________________
BMWCCA

Last edited by Capobranco; 10-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Ace535i's Avatar
Ace535i Ace535i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA, Pacific Time
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,321
Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
I know this car....sort of...this car got my attention about 10 days ago and I have been lurking... inexplicably something about it draws me back to it - and wham - here it is on Bimmerfest. I think it is gorgeous and has the potential to be a keeper despite not having a CF roof - I actually like the moonroof.

2 weeks ago they were asking a couple of grand more....I think the price is very fair. The car has every option - I think? - including DCT - Enhanced Sound - Competition Pack - extended leather etc. and only 310 miles!

Personally, I would not wait for the new one. Although I will probably buy a new one, I realize I will be Beta testing for BMW - first year BMW new car introductions are usually rough. If I were you, I'd snap this one up - quick - enjoy if for a couple/three years and then decide if you want to move on to the new M3/M4. I think the E92 M3 will always be in style and appreciated by enthusiasts where ever you drive - especially this very cool LeMans Blue beauty.

I assume you are in the market for this car.

Does it have the same DCT as in the new M5 and M6?

What is holding you back?

Last edited by Ace535i; 10-03-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,401
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
I assume you are in the market for this car. What is holding you back?
I do not know the differences, if any, in DCT specs between M3 - M5 - M6 - I know I like the DCT in my M3.

I seem to always be in the market to one degree or another, but I always like to window shop...+ car is 3000 miles away ( I am in DC). At the moment, my plan is to wait for the new M3/M4 but I have been known to be impulsive....If you are serious about an e92 M3 - I think this car in San Diego is a beauty.
__________________
BMWCCA

Last edited by Capobranco; 10-03-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-03-2013, 01:57 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,116
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 E63650i View Post
+1

Agreed. However, that is a sweet color on the car.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Then save 2-5k and get it wrapped in any color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
I do not know the differences, if any, in DCT specs between M3 - M5 - M6 - I know I like the DCT in my M3.

I seem to always be in the market to one degree or another, but I always like to window shop...+ car is 3000 miles away ( I am in DC). At the moment, my plan is to wait for the new M3/M4 but I have been known to be impulsive....If you are serious about an e92 M3 - I think this car in San Diego is a beauty.
SMG is a MAJOR step back. I cannot stress that enough with this m5 I just got. I can't really compare our DCT to the newer f10s but I'm assuming some of our issues have been ironed out even further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_330 View Post
If it speaks to you, get it. I'd definitely talk them down a bit, though... you can get it for a chunk less than that.

Despite the F8x coming out, I'd say the likelihood is that this is both (a) not going to drop much in price at that point and (b) is not going to stay on the lot long! There's a contingent of people who desire M3's who want to get the last NA V8 M3's... hell, I'm one of them. Some will go a long distance to find the right car, so I doubt it's going to be for sale for long.

Over on M3Post there's been chatter about this recently; E92's especially seem to be selling pretty quickly.
Sounds like "I think my stuff is worth more than it is talk" Most of the hardcore guys would want LOW milage SUPER garage queens [thats what I'll be looking for when I pick up a frozen or orange in a few years as a 3rd or 4th car]. I doubt they'll be a rapid decrease when the f80s are out but it should be a noticeable improvement for someone looking to get into a great car.

Last edited by SuperTerp; 10-03-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Ace535i's Avatar
Ace535i Ace535i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA, Pacific Time
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,321
Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
I am concerned why this 2013 with 310 miles is a pre-owned and not new.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-03-2013, 03:09 PM
alee's Avatar
alee alee is offline
Super Moderator
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 11,012
Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
I am concerned why this 2013 with 310 miles is a pre-owned and not new.
I'd be more concerned about new... that's a lot of demos and test drives. You see a lot of high end cars with low miles as trade-ins... most people buy these things sight unseen, so may have bought it, realized it didn't suit what they wanted and they got a different car quickly.
__________________
2001 E46 330Ci - 42K miles, 2013 E92 M3 - Back from PCD
Thinking about doing European Delivery? Read about my ED experience. Best trip, ever.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-03-2013, 03:38 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,116
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
I'd be more concerned about new... that's a lot of demos and test drives. You see a lot of high end cars with low miles as trade-ins... most people buy these things sight unseen, so may have bought it, realized it didn't suit what they wanted and they got a different car quickly.
+1 here if this is a demo especially if CA's aren't riding along HARD miles (especially since you're supposed to break it in for 1200)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-03-2013, 05:02 PM
rotorheadbob rotorheadbob is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Washington DC Metro Area
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 111
Mein Auto: 2013 Fire Orange BMW M3
Get it, it looks great! Used is OK, with the BMW warranty.
__________________

2013 M3 Coupe, LRP Edition, Competition, Premium, 6MT, CF Roof
2010 M3 Coupe, Premium, Technology, DCT, gone but not forgotten
2006 530 XI
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-03-2013, 05:19 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,116
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorheadbob View Post
Get it, it looks great! Used is OK, with the BMW warranty.
You'll need a new car soon, you should get it cause I'm going to steal that orange
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-04-2013, 08:48 AM
thumper_330's Avatar
thumper_330 thumper_330 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,373
Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_330 Send a message via Skype™ to thumper_330
Mein Auto: 2012 K1600GT, 2008 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
What price would you negotiate?

I thought the car would be gone last month.
I'd offer $69K and see if they want to bite or move. Invoice is a tad under $68K so that'd give them a grand of profit and a little wiggle room.
__________________
2001 E46 BMW 330i Sport Package 6MT *SOLD*
2004 BMW R1150GS - *SOLD*
2004 E60 BMW 545i Sport 6MT - *SOLD*
2012 BMW 135i - Deep Sea Blue / Terracotta / DCT *SOLD*
2012 BMW K1600GT - Vermillion Red Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Silver / 6MT

http://www.driveblog.net
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 AM
thumper_330's Avatar
thumper_330 thumper_330 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,373
Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_330 Send a message via Skype™ to thumper_330
Mein Auto: 2012 K1600GT, 2008 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
SMG is a MAJOR step back. I cannot stress that enough with this m5 I just got. I can't really compare our DCT to the newer f10s but I'm assuming some of our issues have been ironed out even further.
Good thing it's DCT then, huh? Not sure where SMG comes into this discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Sounds like "I think my stuff is worth more than it is talk" Most of the hardcore guys would want LOW milage SUPER garage queens [thats what I'll be looking for when I pick up a frozen or orange in a few years as a 3rd or 4th car]. I doubt they'll be a rapid decrease when the f80s are out but it should be a noticeable improvement for someone looking to get into a great car.
I'm really not sure what you're trying to say, here. I just posted my own observations. Those observations that you insulted and then basically said the exact same thing. I said that I don't think this car (or any other cars) are going to see a significant price drop from the release of the F8x. No matter how good it is, some people will still want the V8. I didn't say it WOULDN'T drop, just that if you want to wait until the F8x is released to "snap up a bargain" you may be sorely disappointed. I've driven an F30 and have an E90... I sincerely do not like the F30 very much from a styling perspective, and I don't find the interior materials to be as good. It doesn't speak to me like the E90 does.

Similarly, I am just pointing out that to me the song and feel of a normally aspirated V8 is something that I like, and other people like... and no matter how many electronic doodads you put in a forced induction engine there isn't a manufacturer out there who has managed to get it to feel the same. That's fine for many... I happen to like FI cars... but when the F8x hits these shores you're unlikely to be fighting in line with me to snap one up.

I drive an M3 sedan now because of the complete package. It feels like a bank vault, revs like a demon and is by a significant margin the best car I've ever owned. I am not going to judge the F8x until I see it and drive it for myself... I daresay it's going to be a fast and great handling car... but so long as it's still based on the F3x, it won't click with me because I don't like the styling or the interior. And I've driven a lot of very exotic FI cars... and while it's great to say that I've driven one I am not about to go own one because I find myself more inclined to enjoy NA engines. I'm not saying that the NA V8 is better than the F8x's engine... not by a long shot... just that I and many others like it.
__________________
2001 E46 BMW 330i Sport Package 6MT *SOLD*
2004 BMW R1150GS - *SOLD*
2004 E60 BMW 545i Sport 6MT - *SOLD*
2012 BMW 135i - Deep Sea Blue / Terracotta / DCT *SOLD*
2012 BMW K1600GT - Vermillion Red Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Silver / 6MT

http://www.driveblog.net
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Ace535i's Avatar
Ace535i Ace535i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA, Pacific Time
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,321
Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_330 View Post
I'd offer $69K and see if they want to bite or move. Invoice is a tad under $68K so that'd give them a grand of profit and a little wiggle room.
The car is pre owned. How much did the dealer pay to take it back?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-04-2013, 11:05 AM
hugh1850's Avatar
hugh1850 hugh1850 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,315
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_330 View Post
I'd offer $69K and see if they want to bite or move. Invoice is a tad under $68K so that'd give them a grand of profit and a little wiggle room.
That's about where I got mine. It was preowned with 700 miles; the previous owner thought it was too small and traded in after 2 months of ownership for an M6. Essentially invoice. Actually lower since mine also came with extended maintenance and tinted windows.

OP should go for it. Awesome color combo.
__________________
2013 M3
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Ace535i's Avatar
Ace535i Ace535i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA, Pacific Time
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,321
Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
I would drive it, not make it a garage queen.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-04-2013, 12:57 PM
thumper_330's Avatar
thumper_330 thumper_330 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,373
Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_330 Send a message via Skype™ to thumper_330
Mein Auto: 2012 K1600GT, 2008 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
I would drive it, not make it a garage queen.
+1. I got my E90 because I intended to drive it and enjoy it every day. Can't do that when it's sitting in a garage!
__________________
2001 E46 BMW 330i Sport Package 6MT *SOLD*
2004 BMW R1150GS - *SOLD*
2004 E60 BMW 545i Sport 6MT - *SOLD*
2012 BMW 135i - Deep Sea Blue / Terracotta / DCT *SOLD*
2012 BMW K1600GT - Vermillion Red Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Silver / 6MT

http://www.driveblog.net
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms