Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 AM

Mein Auto: Volvo 960
iDrive on 2nd hand car

Hi all!

I am strongly considering buying a 2nd hand BMW 1 Series (E87) from 2011. I will import it from Germany.

As in every deal, I am trying to get the best value for money so I am doing a pre-selection of some cars I would like to see. One of the aspects I value very much is the iDrive, although I have recently noticed that there are different versions of iDrive, such as CCC, CIC and NBT. For a 2011 E87 I suppose it would come with a iDrive CIC, but I am not sure whether I should take this for granted, because I see some E87 with a small screen, like this one:

I got the impression (from the research I made on the internet) that the iDrive CCC has a small screen and the iDrive CIC has a bigger screen, like this one:

Can I conclude that a small screen is a CCC iDrive and that a bigger screen is a CIC iDrive?

(Both pictures are from 2011 E87 cars)

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Cheers!

Last edited by pqm; 10-04-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Not really. Based on your pictures it looks like both cars have the newer CIC interface; the smaller screen is Navigation Business versus Navigation Professional in the larger screen.

The older CCC on the E87 had the flip-top screen which flipped closed when not in use.

There may be some more functions or features in the Navigation Professional as well such as the 3D maps. You're not going to get a lot of responses from this North American-based forum because only the Professional version is sold here.