Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
In dash CD problem

Hi guys, i am a very new owner of a 2008 535i, it came with 84K miles. While i am very happy with my purchase, i am having a problem with the in dash CD player, it gives me the code "no supported or readable audio disc found in either internal drive". To top it off, when i insert a CD and then take it out, the CD keeps making this whirring noise like it is trying to read a disc but the drive is empty, and it keeps doing this after the car is turned off. It is still making the noise as i type and i dont want it to kill my battery even though the car is completely off. Please help.
Ads by Google
Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 550 xDrive
I just started having this problem too. not sure how it began as my wife/kids borrowed the car. Any thoughts?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Mike Swing

Send a message via AIM to Mike Swing
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 530i
I would try resetting it by pushing in the volume button and the eject cd button at the same time. That could help. I think the cd and navigation run even when the car is off briefly but not for long. I thought it was normal.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins2wiz View Post
I just started having this problem too. not sure how it began as my wife/kids borrowed the car. Any thoughts?

The dealership quoted me $1,028 for a new drive and $238 to program it to the car's computer, i said no thanks. I'll get a second opinion but in the meantime turn up the volume on your radio. Lol. Your battery is fine because the noise stops like 5 mins after you turn off the car and only starts again when you unlock the car and go about your day.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Swing View Post
I would try resetting it by pushing in the volume button and the eject cd button at the same time. That could help. I think the cd and navigation run even when the car is off briefly but not for long. I thought it was normal.
I am going to try that!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 530XI
If I remember this is actually a reset for IDrive. I had a similar problem when I first got mine and it turned out to be the previous owner had left a cd in the drive. So when I put one in it had jammed the first one, but would accept the second and gave the same error as OP. Finally after many many attempts I had started to put one in at a steep angle and felt it stop right away. Then I got some tweezers and folded back the rubber flap and seen the first one in there. You can't hardly get a grasp on it, but a gentle pull at the same time of pushing eject did the trick. All is fine now.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:03 PM

I just ordered an OEM CD and DVD (Nav) player, it was way cheaper than having the dealer buy and install it for me. My second opinion confirmed what the dealer said, my only option was how much i was willing to pay to fix it. I chose the cheapest option, which was finding the parts myself and have my second opinion guy install it.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: WTB 528i
Yep, I had to have my radio replaced too. Make sure when they give the car back, that you check for functionality. They forgot to code my back after giving it back the first time, which meant my AUX was not enabled on my replacement radio. Test all your features before driving away.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Old Timer (Really)

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 535i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunninleprecun View Post
I just ordered an OEM CD and DVD (Nav) player, it was way cheaper than having the dealer buy and install it for me. My second opinion confirmed what the dealer said, my only option was how much i was willing to pay to fix it. I chose the cheapest option, which was finding the parts myself and have my second opinion guy install it.
Where did you order the player from?

2009 535i Sport, Jet Black | Cobb Stage 2 Aggressive | Injen DCI | AR Downpipes | BMS Led Angel Eyes | Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus
2008 528i (Retired)
2006 328ci (Retired)
1975 US Army (Retired)
Old 11-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnie35 View Post
Where did you order the player from?

I ordered it from autoguide.net by calling their toll free number.

They are gonna need the part number as well if you want factory stock. I got mine by calling my dealership, gave them my VIN and they gave me the part number for dash CD and Nav. I gave the part number to the lady on the phone, she looked up my part number and ordered it for me. Got free shipping, no tax, a year warranty and 30 day return at NO EXTRA cost.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 PM
That's Rad!

Mein Auto: 05, E60/545i
I've had the same issue, it's my CD drive not the DVD. It plays CD's fine but sometimes when I start the car I get the same issue as OP. Drive is trying to keep pulling a CD into the drive, but it's already in there working fine. I stopped using the CD drive and only use the changer. But the changer won't play past a certain number of songs, seven or eight and it hangs until you switch it to the next CD. My car runs solid minus the CD iDrive sketching me out.

Last edited by Cre8; 11-12-2013 at 08:11 PM.