Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i GT Neptune Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razik1 View Post
I start off let me tell you guys what kind of car I have it's a 2011 335i coupe alpine white with the coral red leather 6 speed m/t m sport...I love it it took me 3 months to find the car so I've had it for a month now and I love it! So when I purchased it it was a little dirty so the sales guy promised me a detail and not to worry that the guys there know what they are doing blah blah blah...so for once I trusted them (BIG MISTAKE) I took it in on Tuesday 10/1 to get an inspection check done and also get the car detailed...they said it would be done the next day...so the following day comes and goes I end up getting a call to get it on Friday 10/4...Im angry and happy all at the same time why did it take so long I missed my car!! So I get to the dealer and walk up to my car and off the bat I see it's dusty and I start to see a glare of light shinning off the leather and dash...I walked up an looked inside and saw that these professional detailers sprayed my whole interior with armor all and had the dash, wood grain, radio AND MY BEAUTIFUL CORAL RED LEATHER ALL SHINY GREASY JUST LOOKED HORRIBLE!!! To make it all worst I saw a scratch on the driver side seat I was so pissed off!!! That wonderful BMW leather smell GONE my love for my car not the same you guys might think I'm being dramatic but I worked hard for this car and searched hard for it worked hard to get this car... They told me they will clean it all up..but the smell will probable not return and also once leather is scratched there is no way to fix it but they told me that they will fix if and I won't be able to even see that it was scratched...

My question to everyone that could feel my pain on this matter is what would you do?? I told the service advisor (he's a dick btw) that if I can see the scratch then I will not be happy and there will be a problem I will want them to replace the leather and then the car would be two toned

Please help!! I will greatly appreciate any advice regarding this... If your local BMW dealer did this to you what would you do???

Please tell us which dealer this was at?

ED: Aug 20, 2013
2014 BMW 550-GT M-Sport, Imperial Blue, Mocha Nappa, 20" 303M Wheels, Dyn Handling Pkg, Exec Pkg, LED Lighting, Driver Assist Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, B&O

2011 BMW 550GT Neptune Blue. ED Oct 2010
2008 BMW 550i Monaco Blue
2006 BMW R1200GS-ADV
2000 BMW K1200LTC
Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i Coupe
I understand it hurts because it is your baby. Also, after being in this forum for 8 weeks, I've learned that BMW owners are way more picky than other brand owners. I am not sure if these marks will go away, but you will get a lot of similar scuff marks on the side bolsters in the coming years.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i coupe 6 speed
Problem at BMW dealer they ruined my coral red leather!!!!!!

Grijo yes I'm picky to a certain extent but at the same time this is a luxury sports car and I paid a lot of money to get it and I am going to try my very best to keep it in great condition just like the previous owner did..the reason why I think it's hitting me this hard is because of how much I put into getting this car...my previous car was a 97 lexus and before that I had a 2000 Honda civic so yes this is my baby and I take great pride in this car because not only did I treat myself it also shows me that I did accomplish a great goal in life I'm 25 and got it all by myself and as I continue in life and set more and more goals this a confidence booster all the way for me...I hope that this helps you guys understand a bit more on to why it affected me the way that it did..

The dealer was BMW of riverside...which I will never go to again after this...the SA that's been helping me is a joke...with everything that happened he didn't even call me today to update me on how everything went...today "the leather guy" was supposed to come in and fix the damage they did to the seat...what a joke!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-06-2013, 10:46 PM

Sorry mean yesterday...yesterday the guy was supposed to come and no call

Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i Coupe
I understand you pain. I hope they can fix it.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 PM

You guys are not going to believe what they did!! They did a horrible job of "fixing the leather" I'm so pissed off!!!

Old 10-07-2013, 09:24 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Re: Problem at BMW dealer they ruined my coral red leather!!!!!!

Quote:
You guys are not going to believe what they did!! They did a horrible job of "fixing the leather" I'm so pissed off!!!

Pics or it didn't happen....

Sent from my M6 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-07-2013, 10:29 PM

I have pics plenty of them...I will post soon

Old 10-07-2013, 10:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 Stage II 335i
Mine just came out of service, there were weird impression marks and oil on the seat... I scheduled an appt to have them fix it, on them.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:05 PM

It's just really disappointing isn't it?? What color is your interior?

Old 10-07-2013, 11:07 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Re: Problem at BMW dealer they ruined my coral red leather!!!!!!

That shyt is inexcusable and I personally would NOT let it slide without major concession!
First... These cars ain't cheap! And last time I checked, service charges and rates are very $$$. With that being said, a certain level of "care and protection" is expected.... Period.
If the dealership doesn't rectify matters to your satisfaction, don't hesitate to escalate to BMW NA.

Sent from my M6 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 PM

Which dealer??

Old 10-07-2013, 11:41 PM

Txstyle I agree with you 100% and that's another reason I'm in shock and awe over all this I really can't believe this has happened!

Old 10-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Philosopher-king

Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
At least in the US, there are itinerant "leather repair/vinyl repair" guys who operate out of vans and make rounds from dealer to dealer fixing the little stuff on their used cars.

Ask the dealer's used car manager (or maybe another dealer's used car manager) who they use. I've had worn sport seat side bolsters touched up in my driveway (among other things on other cars). I don't have a great eye for color myself and I'm sure I would have made a bigger mess of things.
2008 E91 station wagon 20K miles "Classic" BMW inline six, six-speed manual transmission, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display.

"I will give up my stick shift when they pry it from my cold dead hand!"
Old 10-08-2013, 05:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
It's just really disappointing isn't it?? What color is your interior?
I assume, given the title of this discussion and the description given in the first post, it's Coral Red.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
That shyt is inexcusable and I personally would NOT let it slide without major concession!
First... These cars ain't cheap! And last time I checked, service charges and rates are very $$$. With that being said, a certain level of "care and protection" is expected.... Period.
If the dealership doesn't rectify matters to your satisfaction, don't hesitate to escalate to BMW NA.
Until we can see pictures I'm withholding judgment. After all the OP stated the dealer ruined his interior with ruined be defined as "The wiped it down with Armor All and put a scratch in it".
Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 AM

Don't worry will post more pics of what they did...and no just because I posted up talking about coral red leather doesn't mean his leather is the same color...he could've been just curious to read what happened and he's leather can be tan for all we know

Old 10-08-2013, 09:23 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny5280 View Post
Until we can see pictures I'm withholding judgment. After all the OP stated the dealer ruined his interior with ruined be defined as "The wiped it down with Armor All and put a scratch in it".
True. Razik I was thinking that somehow the stuff they used literally damaged the leather? As in stained or discolored it... If it can simply be wiped off, then 'ruined' is a tad exaggerated. As far as the scratch, from I can see is tiny (but even that shouldn't happen) and should be fixed to where it isn't noticeable.
That is why I said post some pics to support your claim...
Old 10-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Don't worry will post more pics of what they did...and no just because I posted up talking about coral red leather doesn't mean his leather is the same color...he could've been just curious to read what happened and he's leather can be tan for all we know
My mistake about the color of the interior. I confused your question as being aimed at the OP...i.e. you. That's what happens when I try to multi task.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:34 AM

No problem...I want to upload some photos of the work they did to try and fix the scratch...if u didn't think that the armor all didn't ruin my leather then this will probably change your mind

Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Quote:
No problem...I want to upload some photos of the work they did to try and fix the scratch...if u didn't think that the armor all didn't ruin my leather then this will probably change your mind

1Z's Deep Plastic cleaner will clean that leather nicely as a last resort. The leather is coated. As for the scratch, find someone local to either replace the panel piece or repair/dye it. Seeing is that's where you sit, it won't be that noticeable.

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust
Old 10-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 E93
Quote:

OP - Seriously, why did you let them touch your car again. If they didn't know what they were doing the first time, what would lead you to believe that they'd become magically enlightened on the second go around.

The "detail" guy in most of these shops is usually some kid promoted up from lot attendant with minimal skills who slaps on whatever products are supplied by the dealership or worse they contract it out to the lowest bidder.

You should have listened to the early responders to this thread. Sorry that all this is taking away from your ownership experience.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Attachment 400812

Here's a photo of the scratch it doesn't look as bad as if does in person...

Why even go on living with a scratch like that in your car? It just ain't worth it.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:46 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
1Z's Deep Plastic cleaner will clean that leather nicely as a last resort. The leather is coated. As for the scratch, find someone local to either replace the panel piece or repair/dye it. Seeing is that's where you sit, it won't be that noticeable.
To what kurgan has advised, here is a pictorial of the product in use on very dirty interiors. The images show the side by side difference.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=649195

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonB6 View Post
OP - Seriously, why did you let them touch your car again. If they didn't know what they were doing the first time, what would lead you to believe that they'd become magically enlightened on the second go around.

The "detail" guy in most of these shops is usually some kid promoted up from lot attendant with minimal skills who slaps on whatever products are supplied by the dealership or worse they contract it out to the lowest bidder.

You should have listened to the early responders to this thread. Sorry that all this is taking away from your ownership experience.
Yeah, I wonder if I should have been more adamant about my opinion. It's entirely possible in my mind that the "kid" could be quite confused as to why the OP is disappointed, thinking gosh he'd be happy if someone would be so kind to slather Armor All everywhere in the interior of whatever car he might possess.

When I mentioned the story about how my red lettered instructions on the windshield to not wash were ignored, at the time I remarked how they must be illiterate, but I just realize now maybe they could have read Spanish. So next time I *have* to take my car to the dealership, I will try both English and Spanish, but maybe I won't be so shocked to find out if they happen to be illiterate in both languages. By the way, this is one of the largest BMW dealerships in the world as far as I understand.

Last edited by Ilovemycar; 10-08-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: decided to add second photo
Old 10-08-2013, 02:57 PM

When they slathered armor all all over the leather and dash if did destroy the leather...it made the color change and the leather feels different to the touch and the natural smell feel comfort is all gone...I understand yes they messed it up once why let them try to fix it...well it's either I would've took the car and paid to get it fixed myself which would mean replacing the leather in the whole car myself because there's no way I was gonna be happy other wise or let them try to fix it and since I did let them and they screwed it up again I'm going to bmw right now to talk to the manager to make sure that I get what I want and if he doesn't agree to my terms I will be speaking to his manager and continue that process till I get what I want...

There second fail just happened yesterday I don't want to post photos or talk about what happened yesterday yet I feel like it's to soon I feel like it would be best to wait till the end result is in my favor...