Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 09-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to phita23
Mein Auto: BMW 325i
I love my car (addec pic)

I couldn't find the "I love my car thread," but I just wanted to tell the whole board that I love my car. I love the way it looks, the way it drives, the way it smells, the feel of the steering wheel, shifting.... I'm getting emotional

Last edited by phita23; 09-26-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Stuck in Monday

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by phita23
I couldn't find the "I love my car thread," but I just wanted to tell the whole board that I love my car. I love the way it looks, the way it drives, the way it smells, the feel of the steering wheel, shifting.... I'm getting emotional

couldn't agree more
Old 09-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Ich bin ein Bimmerer

Mein Auto: 04 ZHP/4
I just came back from a couple of weeks in Bahrain (Arabian Gulf) driving a crappy little Nissan Sunny. I beat the crap out of that little thing trying to get it to go, but alas was constantly disappointed. And uncomfortable. Ariving back at my unit after about 27 hours of travel, starting at about 11 PM (after a full day up and doing stuff), sitting in my baby was a dream. I though to myself, and may have said out loud, "oh, hello! I've missed you..." Even dog tired, the 3 hour drive home was very nice. It was tough to keep it anywhere near the speed limit, though. I had to keep rehearsing my "I'm sorry officer...I just flew in from the 'Gulf on a military deployment, and am totally unused to driving here right now, blah blah blah" speech.

Yes, I do love this car of mine. Makes me smile all the time!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:23 AM

Send a message via MSN to icky
Mein Auto: 2006 325xi
ive had my 325xi for about a week now, and im constantly thinking of reasons why i need to be out driving instead of inside. and when i am inside, im usually staring out the window, at my car. yes... i love my car too!
Old 09-21-2004, 06:46 AM
O Genki Desu ka?

Send a message via AIM to ljh824
Mein Auto: 2004 325i
I've owned my 325 for four months now and I love it more and more every day. Buyer's remorse is LONG gone!!!!!

"We few, we happy few, we Band of Brothers,
for he today who sheds his blood with me,
shall be my brother"...Shakespeare, Henry V
Old 09-21-2004, 09:40 AM

When I go out to eat, I always sit at a window that has a view of my car
Old 09-21-2004, 11:02 AM

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by phita23
When I go out to eat, I always sit at a window that has a view of my car
Ditto. It makes the food taste better. Another bonus is that if I'm watching the car when I'm not looking at the Mrs., that meens I'm not looking at other women.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:37 AM
O Genki Desu ka?

Oh yeah. When I do my daily Starbucks run, I make sure I park right in front so I'm seen getting out of it. Pretty cheesy but hey, I love the car.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wag-zhp
Ditto. It makes the food taste better. Another bonus is that if I'm watching the car when I'm not looking at the Mrs., that meens I'm not looking at other women.

ooh good tip, will have to use it next time ;D
Old 09-22-2004, 06:13 AM
ELmO

Send a message via AIM to elmalloc Send a message via MSN to elmalloc Send a message via Yahoo to elmalloc
Mein Auto: 05 330 CIC
Cool

Quote:
Oh yeah. When I do my daily Starbucks run, I make sure I park right in front so I'm seen getting out of it. Pretty cheesy but hey, I love the car.
**** I hope I don't turn out like this when I get a BMW 330CIC (black on black) but I probably will, that **** is over 40K! dammit.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Quote:
But in reality you have a new mistress and the Mrs. does not even suspect it..
Old 09-22-2004, 07:24 AM
self-effacing bmw owner

Mein Auto: '04 325i
Quote:
LOL... that's a good tactic, i should try that.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Waiting for the 135i!

Mein Auto: 550 Spyder
Speaking of Starbucks and strategic parking, I parked mine parallel right in front of the window this morning (great spot, lucky to get it, as no one can park next to it). As I did my meeting, the car was right there to look at in plain sight. So this guy walks up and starts looking at it really close, then from different angles, then in the window. I cued the person I was meeting with and we both sat watching, a little apprehensive, discussing that he was probably just admiring the car... So he gets his cell phone out and starts taking snapshots... from different angles... then walks over to his Camry, opens the door, then shuts the door and comes back and makes a call on the phone and continues to look at the car... So my buddy asks if maybe I stole the car and someone has found me out . I suspect he was just an admirer, but I've never seen anyone be so bold about it... I'm thinking... has this guy never seen a red 3er?? I almost got the feeling that he loves the car more than I do! Does the ZHP really stand out that much? I mean, there are 3er's EVERYWHERE in San Diego... Thoughts?
Old 09-22-2004, 01:57 PM
self-effacing bmw owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan
I suspect he was just an admirer, but I've never seen anyone be so bold about it... I'm thinking... has this guy never seen a red 3er?? I almost got the feeling that he loves the car more than I do! Does the ZHP really stand out that much? I mean, there are 3er's EVERYWHERE in San Diego... Thoughts?
over here around NYC 3's are a dime a dozen too, but i think an Imola Red ZHP will still stand out... i saw one on the road in the city a while back and couldn't help admiring it either, and i don't usually like red cars. but imola red ZHPs (or M3's for that matter), they are hot, and not all that common. (electric red pales in comparison.)
Old 09-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Mein Auto: 2010 S4, 2004 X3 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan
Thoughts?
He's clueless about cars (drives a Camry) and is shopping for a new car. He sees your car and wants one just like it. Rather than try to remember exactly what it looks like, he takes pictures of it.

Oh yeah, I love my car too. Perfect blend of sport, comfort, luxury, size, power, style, responsiveness... After almost two years, it still seems like a brand new car, and I haven't tired of it one bit. In fact, I appreciate it even more now than I did when I bought it.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 325i, 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljh824
Buyer's remorse is LONG gone!!!!!
hehehehe Me too. I was so worried selling our trusty old paid off accord for a car that will be more to insure and maintain.

Even though it frequents the shop more often, well the Honda and 4Runner never went to the shop, and I now have a good sized payment, I still love it to death.

Steve
Old 09-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Former ZHP pilot

Mein Auto: 2011 135i M Sport
Yeah me too! I'm in Love with my ZHP. Yeah i sometimes think I should of kept my coupe, my payment was lower and had 2 yrs left to pay it off. But damn! I take a look at my 330 and its just disappears from my mind as i admire the M-tech kit, wow the 18 inch wheels and those big ass rotors just put a big smile on my face.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:39 AM
self-effacing bmw owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH
Oh yeah, I love my car too.
so do i - i mean, i love mine, and i love yours too! i have silver grey which replaced your steel grey... while i love my color i also think the old steel grey is great and sometimes wish mine were a little darker. and with your clears it looks sweet.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:44 AM
O Genki Desu ka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-SHICKS
hehehehe Me too. I was so worried selling our trusty old paid off accord for a car that will be more to insure and maintain.

Even though it frequents the shop more often, well the Honda and 4Runner never went to the shop, and I now have a good sized payment, I still love it to death.

Steve

Yeah, I traded in my paid off Sebring for my new 325. I was without car payments for about 4 years. I had serious buyer's remorse at first. Now after driving the car for five months, I'm soooooooo glad I bought it. Now I just wish I went with more upgrades/options. Oh well. Maybe on my next BMW.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:13 AM
Audi, BMW or Porsche???

Mein Auto: 2010 S4, 2004 X3 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkus
...and with your clears it looks sweet.
Thanks.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:17 AM
blah

Mein Auto: 03 330i
My car sucks.

(I needed to break up this disgusting love fest somehow. )
Old 09-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Praetorian

Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Vanos
Yeah me too! I'm in Love with my ZHP. Yeah i sometimes think I should of kept my coupe, my payment was lower and had 2 yrs left to pay it off. But damn! I take a look at my 330 and its just disappears from my mind as i admire the M-tech kit, wow the 18 inch wheels and those big ass rotors just put a big smile on my face.
Was it more comfortable to drive in the coupe with the windows down then the sedan? I have a sedan and if I just open my drivers window the air gets directed off the B pillar right into the side of my head which is annoying. If I open the rear windows then it doesn't do that, so I usually drive that way but I was noticing that on the coupes the B pillars are further back and it seems that it would be more comfortable because of that. Plus those little rear windows open sideways and it looks like the air coming in from the front would get sucked right out those little windows making the coupe more aerodynamic to drive then the sedan with the windows open (not all the way but say 3/4 or 1/2 open).
Old 09-23-2004, 06:39 PM
BMW + twisty road = fun

Mein Auto: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumratt
My car sucks.

Old 09-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumratt
My car sucks.

I think we should start a rescue group for unloved BMW's. Rumratt, if you'll just hand over the keys, we'll take it to a new, loving home.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:49 PM

I agree with everything everyone has said. Love my car. Wait let me rephrase that...I LOVE MY CAR!! Every drive seems more exciting, every corner more fun, etc. I'm glad someone finally posted about the window thing, though, I was begining to think I was the only one experiencing the wind thing. It practically gives me a headache when the front windows are down and I'm going faster than 25. I'll have to try the back window thing and see if that helps. It still doesn't take the smile off my face, though.

It's midnight in the valley of the Sun