Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Light Scratches and chips.

I just picked up a 2011 328Xi MT and it has a few light scratches and chips that are normal for a 3 year old car.

What is the best product to take out the light scratches?

What is the best touch up product for small chips?

I appreciate any input.

H
Ads by Google
Old 10-11-2013, 03:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 323i
Smile chips and scratches

you can buy Meguiar's Scratch 2.0 and give it a buff for light scratches or get a professional buff and wax

for chip repairs go to bm2 and buy the colour pen

hope it helps
Old 10-11-2013, 03:49 PM

bmw***
Old 10-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Light Scratches and chips.

Dr ColorChip is great for repairing chips. Once you master the technique you can make the chips disappear.

CA

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hman1 View Post
I just picked up a 2011 328Xi MT and it has a few light scratches and chips that are normal for a 3 year old car.

What is the best product to take out the light scratches?

What is the best touch up product for small chips?

I appreciate any input.

H
I "second the motion" of captainaudio. I've used Dr. Colorchip for years with very excellent results. Just follow their (easy) instructions precisely.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA

Last edited by pointandgo; 10-11-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
I'll go over the scratches with Meguiars Scratch 2.0, tomorrow.

After that, I'd like to use a paint sealer, rather than a wax as I don't have a ton of free time. Do you recommend a Meguiar paint sealer, or should I use Klasse? Which retailer sells Klasse? They don't have a website.

The car will sit in a small airport parking lot all of next week. I'll be back over the weekend and I'll use the Dr Colorchip, then.

In a nutshell, Meguiars or Klasse paint sealant, or do you have any other suggestions?

I will detail the crap out of the car tomorrow. I'll sleep well tomorrow night.

Any suggestions on leather care, etc? My last 4 cars had leather and I only used a warm, damp rag, but the previous owner was a pig and smoked in the car.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I love this car already and I want to keep it as best I can. I will be giving it to my daughter in 5 years when she gets her license. She deserves a clean, well preserved car as do I.

H
Old 10-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by hman1 View Post
I'll go over the scratches with Meguiars Scratch 2.0, tomorrow.

After that, I'd like to use a paint sealer, rather than a wax as I don't have a ton of free time. Do you recommend a Meguiar paint sealer, or should I use Klasse? Which retailer sells Klasse? They don't have a website.

The car will sit in a small airport parking lot all of next week. I'll be back over the weekend and I'll use the Dr Colorchip, then.

In a nutshell, Meguiars or Klasse paint sealant, or do you have any other suggestions?

I will detail the crap out of the car tomorrow. I'll sleep well tomorrow night.

Any suggestions on leather care, etc? My last 4 cars had leather and I only used a warm, damp rag, but the previous owner was a pig and smoked in the car.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I love this car already and I want to keep it as best I can. I will be giving it to my daughter in 5 years when she gets her license. She deserves a clean, well preserved car as do I.

H
I've used Klasse AIO on my wheels, never on my paintwork, but what I've experienced it's very user friendly. I believe you can get it on either Detailed Image or Autogeek. For leather, hands down, Zaino - Z9 is leather cleaner, Z10 is "Leather in a Bottle". I love this stuff. They are just 'round the corner from you in NJ, so you will get next day delivery via UPS from them. ps: I also really like Zaino's Tire product. It's not super shiny and doesn't sling off like many other tire dressings. Plus it's water based so no degradation of the rubber like some silicon based tire dressings.

Congrats on the new acquisition!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 10-11-2013, 09:21 PM

Smile

I personally use Meguires for my car care.

Leather cleaner I use a warm damped cloth to remove dirt or w.e is on the seat. Then I use Meguires leather cleaner and conditioner. I find that the spray and gel is the best combo.
regarding the smell of smoke, use a box of baking soda for a while in the car.
also there are products deodorizer's on the market.

Never had this problem though. I usually just use febreez or air fresheners with a natural smell. not to be overpowering

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/

Last edited by KSMarto; 10-11-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added something