Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 328ci
Abs lights 4x4 traction control on and cruise control doesnt work

I have a 2006 325xi e90 sedan. I bought the car like this. It has a steering wheel off a 2008 im guessing 335 coupe. When i first bought the car no buttons on the steering wheel worked and the airbag was deployed. I replaced the airbag and the buttons still didnt work. I then replaced the slip ring and the steeing angle sensor because there was a steering angle sensor code. Once i replaced the parts the buttons on the steering wheel started to work, my signals also cancel by themselves. Butttt the steering angle code is still poping up and 4x4 break traction control light are all on. I then took it to my mechanic where i recallibrated the steering angle senor. When i recallibrate it the lights blink and then go off. Then they come right back on. I got the steering angle sensor used but it was tested before it was removed.

I hear that maybe a low battery can signal these lights but would it also throw the code?

If anyone can help that would be appretiated

btw i recalibrated the sensor using a snapon scanner
Ads by Google
Old 10-22-2013, 04:16 PM

Any one have any information on this it would be a great help
Old 10-22-2013, 05:24 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
Post the codes to help us help you. I think once the codes are seen we can give some better feedback. The ABS light being on is strange. The ABS light being on will keep your cruise control from working even though it knows your speed and still calculates your mileage...
Old 10-22-2013, 05:37 PM

The code from my snap on scanner is 6dcs steering angle sensor dsc
Old 10-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue328i View Post
I have a 2006 325xi e90 sedan. I bought the car like this. It has a steering wheel off a 2008 im guessing 335 coupe. When i first bought the car no buttons on the steering wheel worked and the airbag was deployed. I replaced the airbag and the buttons still didnt work. I then replaced the slip ring and the steeing angle sensor because there was a steering angle sensor code. Once i replaced the parts the buttons on the steering wheel started to work, my signals also cancel by themselves. Butttt the steering angle code is still poping up and 4x4 break traction control light are all on. I then took it to my mechanic where i recallibrated the steering angle senor. When i recallibrate it the lights blink and then go off. Then they come right back on. I got the steering angle sensor used but it was tested before it was removed.

I hear that maybe a low battery can signal these lights but would it also throw the code?

If anyone can help that would be appretiated

btw i recalibrated the sensor using a snapon scanner

We might believe that they paid you to take it....not that it can't be fixed, but that you took it w/o a plan to fix if it could be fixed.

Probably it can.

That tighten yer nuggets?
Old 10-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
What was the calibration sequence for the snap on tool? You normally need BMW specific software to calibrate the sensor.

Initialization can be done by anyone. You remove power from the car (disconnect/reconnect battery) and basically turn the wheel lock to lock and it initializes.

If your signals turn off after coming out of a turn, I would check the ABS sensors.

I believe your model year falls under the battery cable recall. It can cause intermittent electrical failures and issues. I would double check to see if the car has had the recall done, granted it falls under the recall.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 10-23-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:13 PM

well i contacted the dealer and they said the car has no recalls that are covered. The car is from the states and they said in canada even if there was a recall i would have to pay for it to be done.

the snap on tool i used when i calibrated the steering agle sensors all the lights go off and within 5 seconds come back on.

idk if i mentioned the steering wheel and angle sensor are off a 2008 coupe becasue the steering wheel with the paddle shifters even though there just for looks needed the new steering agle senor and slip ring to fit on my 2006 325xi sedan.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:14 PM

i would check for abs sensors but they are not throwing any codes the only code thrown is the steering angle sensor dsc