Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 sDrive28i xLine
iDrive 4.2 on 2014 X1s?

Hey all,

I tried searching the forums and Google but couldn't find any definitive answer. How do we know what version of iDrive we have? Any chance we can upgrade to the newer 4.2 version? Seems like it has lots of nice new features.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2013, 04:02 PM

Anyone?
Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 PM
taxpro

Mein Auto: BMW 540iA and X1 xDrive35
Other than asking your SA, you might look to see if the ability to engage automatic time setting is present since this is a new feature of version 4.2. There are some nice new features, but also some limitations for the X1. For details see http://www.bmwusanews.com/newsreleas...?&id=1713&mid=

Nice features include:
- BMW Assist standard
- Enhanced voice command options including available message dictation and integration of both Apple Siri and Samsung SVoice through the vehicle's voice command controls
- Expanded availability of BMW Apps-ready third party apps. In addition to the apps available in the US today including Pandora, MOG, Stitcher and Aupeo new BMW Apps that will be available soon include Audible, TuneIn, Rhapsody and Glympse with more to follow. Later this year, BMW Apps integration will be available for devices with the Android operating system.
- BMW Assist: Standard on nearly all 2014 models with 10 years of eCall with enhanced Automatic Collision Notification and BMW Teleservice.

The 2014 X1 either has or can upgrade to iDrive 4.2, but the X1 did not get several of the new features including:
- new iDrive controller with Touchpad
- Advanced Real Time Traffic Information (ARTTI) (1) not available on BMW X1 Sport Activity Vehicle
- Internet access is available as an option on 2014 models equipped with navigation and the latest BMW iDrive 4.2 (2) as part on BMW Online. The internet browser is connected through the vehicle using a 3G network connection.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 PM

I'm working on getting on the schedule next week to get the 2014-1A map upgrade, so I'll ask while I'm there.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 128i
My 2014 X1 was delivered in June and does not have iDrive 4.2.

2014 X1 Sport Line Mineral White, Premium Pkg., Lights Pkg., Connected Drive Services Professional, Technology Pkg., lumbar support, black leatherette, upgraded LED lighting