Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i Sedan
Rubber Lift Points

I''m fairly new here, but have searched the forum a bit and can't find an answer. I have a 2010 E90. Is the car supposed to come with the rubber lift point inserts from the factory? Or do we have to get them ourselves and install them? My car has the front center rubber lift point insert, but not in any of the side rails. The rails just have the empty recessed spots to take rubber inserts. I found this when I finally went to do some work on the car after the dealer service ran out. Ended up using small pine blocks in the lift point recesses to cushion the jack stands.
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
It does not come with them. Use hockey pucks, or cut some 2X4 lumber or buy them from aftermarket like ESC Tuning.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES251251/
Old 10-16-2013, 05:31 PM

Mein Auto: 325i E92 Coupe
Cheaper from BMS:

http://burgertuning.com/BMW_jack_pad_adapter.html
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof

Old 10-16-2013, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonicalbmw View Post
I''m fairly new here, but have searched the forum a bit and can't find an answer. I have a 2010 E90. Is the car supposed to come with the rubber lift point inserts from the factory? Or do we have to get them ourselves and install them? My car has the front center rubber lift point insert, but not in any of the side rails. The rails just have the empty recessed spots to take rubber inserts. I found this when I finally went to do some work on the car after the dealer service ran out. Ended up using small pine blocks in the lift point recesses to cushion the jack stands.

I use blocks of wood - find lift points etc. HERE - it's in there....
Old 10-17-2013, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
I don't think the OP is referring to a jack pad adapter.

I think he's referring to the actual jack pads.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site..._Pad/ES129057/

It's common for these to be torn up or torn off due to normal (or not normal) driving.

Mine are all crushed but I don't really care because I never use the insert at all. I have access to lifts

You don't really need them. They are for tire changes/the oem jack. If I want to use a normal hydraulic floor jack to get the car in the air, I jack from either of the central jacking points or from the unibody frame.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 10-17-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
I don't think the OP is referring to a jack pad adapter.

I think he's referring to the actual jack pads.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site..._Pad/ES129057/

It's common for these to be torn up or torn off due to normal (or not normal) driving.

Mine are all crushed but I don't really care because I never use the insert at all. I have access to lifts

You don't really need them. They are for tire changes/the oem jack. If I want to use a normal hydraulic floor jack to get the car in the air, I jack from either of the central jacking points or from the unibody frame.
I acquired a CPO E90 sedan in Dec. 2013, just got an E46 scissor jack and wish to use it for either easier installation of snow chain substitutes (snow socks) or to get better access to tire punctures in order to plug them, reinflate and get back on the road.

So I am wondering what I need to do, in order to use the E46 scissor jack without damage to my E90...
  1. get a jack pad, in case any of them are crushed already http://***91;*]http://www.ecstuning.com/S..._Pad/ES129057/ , or
  2. get a jack pad adapter http://www.ecstuning.com/ES251251/

Suggestions requested.

Where are the central jacking points or points on the unibody frame which are safe to jack from? Anyone got a photo of the underside, showing either/both?

Last edited by wilt; 03-11-2014 at 10:51 AM.