Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i 6mt sedan
new member/operation 335i

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tim. I am new to this whole forum thing and this is my first posting..

So I have had this 335i for about 4 years now. Currently it has around 63,000 miles. I have had multiple random fixes throughout these years. I've had to replace turbo housing gaskets, a fuel injector, a radiator pump, a turbo sensor, and I believe a fuel pump, and currently the abs light is on which may mean I need to replace the abs sensor. The car also does not drive as fast as it used to and I think I am hearing a turbo rattle, but not %100 sure about that. I also have a bad set of tires and the car steers to the left REALLY REALLY BAD( If I let go of the steering wheel the car will pull a u-turn). Long story short, this car has not held up as well as I expected, and there is work to be done to the car. I originally bought it for $30,000 with 20,000 miles. I considered selling the car and getting something more reliable, but when i saw how much these were selling for on ebay( I honestly dont think I will get much more than $12,000) so I figured I am better off keeping the car.

That being said, it is time for me to make some fixes and some upgrades. My budget is between $5-6k to make this happen. This budget I would like to spend for a balance of cosmetics and performance. I figured since I am having the radial pull steering issue with my current set of tires, and my OEM rims have some serious curb rash, I might as well upgrade to some nice 19 inch wheels. I like the VMR's but with new tires I'm looking at around $1800 so if anyone has any other ideas they would be appreciated. As you will also find in the pics, my front bumper has seen better days and either needs to be repaired or replaced as well as the protective plastic cover under the car. I could use opinions on that as well. There are many other things that I would like to do such as new turbos, st suspension kit, BBK kit, a new clutch(will be needed soon), intake, and getting the car tuned. Mathematically this will probably run me at least 8k for all of this without labor..

As far as the labor goes.. I do not have much experience, but I am eager to learn, and I am good at fixing things and following DIY instructions/videos. I have some basic tools but I will probably have to invest in some tools to to some if not all of these upgrades myself. This is where I need some serious advice. What upgrades should I make? Should I do them myself? Should I replace or repair my bumper? What tools should I buy?

Here is a link to pics, and yes I know she needs a wash..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1057731...0393/lightbox/_a_
Ads by Google