Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 10-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i
Car jerks at slow speed and idling

Hi Group

The CPO 750 I just bought kinda jerks when I move off from idling. It does not feel smooth. I can feel the car shaking a little at idling . Is this normal.
Also, can you pls tell me how I can update the maps in my navigation.

Thanks
rsk

Last edited by rsk; 10-19-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-19-2013, 09:57 PM

Mein Auto: F02
Car jerks at slow speed and idling

By CPO, I assume you bought it from a BMW dealer. I would take it back to the dealer and have them fix it.

For Nav update DLF750 offered to lend the USB stick (?) to members here not too long ago. I believe you still have to pay $50 to obtain the Nav update code.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 PM

Mein Auto: 10 750Li X
I have a 2010 750Li Xdrive and it has a slight vibration at lower speeds when it shifts to a higher gear and I'm not increasing rpm very fast. Anyone else have something similar?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
After reading this forum, I guess updating the transmission software may help with this issue. I am trying to learn how to update the tranny SW.

Cheers
rsk
Old 10-25-2013, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: Alpina B7
I have been struggling with a similar issue. There are actual several issues with my car, but this one is major. I have a 2013 Alpina B7, so it may not be the same. My car "pulses" when coming to a stop, at the low end range of rpm's just before downshifting into first. It varies in intensity depending on how long the car stays at this gear/rpm level. It was so dramatic at one point that my wife and kids asked what was wrong with the car. I was somewhat in denial, thinking it was just an isolated occurrence. Wrong, I can make it happen just about at every stop now.

My car has frequent hard downshifts and, not infrequent episodes where I will press the gas to go from a stop and nothing happens, press down on the pedal a bit more and, "clunk", drops into gear and throws everyone back in their seat.

The BMW "Engineers" have been working on this issue for a couple of weeks now, but I have now been told they are not putting any priority on it and that they consider it somewhat "normal".

It's not right, no matter what they say and I am now at the point where "other solutions" are now being considered. I hope to talk with my local guy today about what that might entail. The good thing is that the local dealership has been great up until this point. They acknowledge that there is a problem and that something needs to be done.

I have had the car for less than six months and in that time it has been in the shop to have the front cup holder cover replaced (fit not good), one of the speakers taken out and reinstalled, engine oil topped off twice, drip trim replaced due to paint discoloration, rear ac fan replaced do to screeching noise when coming to a stop, malfunction in the rear view camera and now I am getting a malfunction in the blind spot detection system (3x in last two weeks).

Sorry for the rant, but in addition to the pulsing and hard gear changes, I have noticed a rough idle situation on occasion. Oh yea, they already tried updating and resetting my transmission software. All that did wa make for a mildly unpleasant ride for a day or two until it "relearned" how I drive.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:10 AM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Call a lemon law attorney. It's free to consumers win or lose.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:01 AM

Not at that point and I do not expect to be. My local dealership has been great. They look at it as "you bought the best thing we had to offer, paid for it and it needs to be right". It looks like I just need to go through the "steps" to get there,

It looks like I may be faced with the decision as to what to replace it with though. I love the Alpina most of the time, but I truly believe it is an inherent problem with this car and thus, should not consider another as a replacement.

Do I go with a 760Li, an M6 Gran, an M5 or a 750Li? First question is whether I need the room, not sure. The 760 is much like the Alpina, rare enough that any problems become uncharted territory with respect to service. A 750Li doesn't have the same exclusivity club as the Alpina or M6, but might that not be a good thing in the long run. M6 Gran vs. M5, can anyone tell me what the real difference is?

Looks like I might be getting some money back in all of this as well, depending on the remedy to this problem.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Mein Auto: F01; E36 M3/4/5
Did they find out the problem? Mine seems to be having the same issues and now I am out of warranty.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:30 PM
TTurboFest

Mein Auto: F02 (750Li)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekno View Post
Did they find out the problem? Mine seems to be having the same issues and now I am out of warranty.
Oh boy, Simpsons like that Are usually coils or fuel related like injectors etc. warranty on these is a must!
Options: Camera Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Driver asst, F&R Luxury Seating, Prem/Sound, Rear Entertainment, Sport Pkg, Massage rear seats, Ceramic Controls, Active Cruise, SmarthPhone Int., Night Vision, Head-UP Display, Sat, Leather Wrapped Dash&Doors.
(N54 E82 135i) JB4 ISO FBO, 434whp & 470wtq / Run Conditions 90.28 *F
Old 12-12-2013, 05:47 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Mine is at dealer currently and they haven't successfully acknowledged an issue yet.

The whole car vibrates when on the throttle slightly at lower speeds. I'm also getting the abrupt downshift occasional when in normal mode. When in Sport the downshift is very noticeable.

Anyone else?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:54 PM

They never figured out what was wrong with my Alpina. I swapped it out for an M5 plus a nice check.

My dealer treated me right.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina CLT View Post
I have been struggling with a similar issue. There are actual several issues with my car, but this one is major. I have a 2013 Alpina B7, so it may not be the same. My car "pulses" when coming to a stop, at the low end range of rpm's just before downshifting into first. It varies in intensity depending on how long the car stays at this gear/rpm level. It was so dramatic at one point that my wife and kids asked what was wrong with the car. I was somewhat in denial, thinking it was just an isolated occurrence. Wrong, I can make it happen just about at every stop now.

My car has frequent hard downshifts and, not infrequent episodes where I will press the gas to go from a stop and nothing happens, press down on the pedal a bit more and, "clunk", drops into gear and throws everyone back in their seat.

The BMW "Engineers" have been working on this issue for a couple of weeks now, but I have now been told they are not putting any priority on it and that they consider it somewhat "normal".

It's not right, no matter what they say and I am now at the point where "other solutions" are now being considered. I hope to talk with my local guy today about what that might entail. The good thing is that the local dealership has been great up until this point. They acknowledge that there is a problem and that something needs to be done.

I have had the car for less than six months and in that time it has been in the shop to have the front cup holder cover replaced (fit not good), one of the speakers taken out and reinstalled, engine oil topped off twice, drip trim replaced due to paint discoloration, rear ac fan replaced do to screeching noise when coming to a stop, malfunction in the rear view camera and now I am getting a malfunction in the blind spot detection system (3x in last two weeks).

Sorry for the rant, but in addition to the pulsing and hard gear changes, I have noticed a rough idle situation on occasion. Oh yea, they already tried updating and resetting my transmission software. All that did wa make for a mildly unpleasant ride for a day or two until it "relearned" how I drive.
That's unacceptable especially for a car that costs that much. I would be requesting a new one.....Lemon Law sounds like it's for you.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:53 AM

Please see above. I have a great local dealer and they worked with BMW NA to come to an arrangement I was satisfied with.