Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 10-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Well done.

Looks like a factory wheel... Only MORE!

Just how I like it.
Thanks! I was trying to pick a style that looked sporty and aggressive, but not too over the top.. Sometimes thats a fine line with 22's. I was also trying not to get the same wheels as anyone else here, which was a challenge because there are a lot of sweet 7's on this forum.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: ///M7
New Savini wheels on my F02

Quote:
Originally Posted by aametzger View Post
...... there are a lot of sweet 7's on this forum.
Don't forget to give a shout out to all of us Non-RWS Kia's also bro! We are feelin neglected now.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Don't forget to give a shout out to all of us Non-RWS Kia's also bro! We are feelin neglected now.

Im sorry! I never intended to neglect the non-RWS folks. Maybe you can create your own?

Here is a link to get you started.. (sorry if this has already been shared on the forum)

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...lf-photos.html

2011 750il M Sport | Dark Graphite Metallic | Savini BM7 Wheels | BMS Stage 2 | H&R Sport Springs | F1 Pinnacle 15%
Old 10-23-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Im sorry! I never intended to neglect the non-RWS folks. Maybe you can create your own?

Here is a link to get you started.. (sorry if this has already been shared on the forum)

Ouch! Kick to the crotch when I was not looking!

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Ouch! Kick to the crotch when I was not looking!

LOL all in good fun my friend... I saw that link and couldn't resist

2011 750il M Sport | Dark Graphite Metallic | Savini BM7 Wheels | BMS Stage 2 | H&R Sport Springs | F1 Pinnacle 15%
Old 10-24-2013, 06:50 PM

So I got the correct H&R springs for the 750iL installed now, and it definitely fixed the bad handling that I was experiencing, but I am still rubbing the plastic vents in the wheel well primarily when turning as I'm backing up. The shop that installed my springs looked at it and the said the liners are installed correctly, and that it will eventually stop as the plastic wears down, and I get some tire wear.

Is anyone else experiencing rubbing with H&R and 22's?

Old 10-24-2013, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 740i

Oh man that's no good. You might need to get some coil overs so that you can adjust the ride height and the spring rate to suit your personal needs.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocadilen View Post
Oh man that's no good. You might need to get some coil overs so that you can adjust the ride height and the spring rate to suit your personal needs.

Been there done that with my e60. I don't even think that's an option with this model due to rear self leveling air suspension.

I know there are several other members here with the same setup as me. (H&R + 22's).
Anybody else rubbing the liner in reverse?

Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Re: New Savini wheels on my F02

I initially installed H&R (new set) on this car after having them on my previous e65. I noticed rubbing immediately on the drivers front with even slight turning and also on a couple of slight dips. I immediately uninstalled them for Eibach. Now I get a ever so slight rub only when turning hard left on drivers side. After viewing the inside fender and tire, it's perfectly acceptable now. But I still find it odd and believe the F0 sits slightly lower than the e65.
*edit* or the inner lining is thicker or just more of it.

Bimmer App on HTC-One

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 10-24-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I initially installed H&R (new set) on this car after having them on my previous e65. I noticed rubbing immediately on the drivers front with even slight turning and also on a couple of slight dips. I immediately uninstalled them for Eibach. Now I get a ever so slight rub only when turning hard left on drivers side. After viewing the inside fender and tire, it's perfectly acceptable now. But I still find it odd and believe the F0 sits slightly lower than the e65.
*edit* or the inner lining is thicker or just more of it.

Bimmer App on HTC-One
Yea it's soo close..if I push forward on the front of the liner and hold it, it doesn't rub. The guy from the shop says it won't hurt anything, and I agree, but it's kinda embarrassing to have it make the noise when I back up out of a parking space or the driveway.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:13 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
I have never had any rubbing issues in any situation. Letting it wear down a little and it should be fine doesn't sound like a good solution to me. Maybe an offset issue?
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Yea it's soo close..if I push forward on the front of the liner and hold it, it doesn't rub. The guy from the shop says it won't hurt anything, and I agree, but it's kinda embarrassing to have it make the noise when I back up out of a parking space or the driveway.

Should not rub. Tires may be too large on sidewall. Possibly wrong springs. Possibly links not sized correct. Too wide rims. Multiple things must be looked into. Needless to say they should not rub.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:31 PM

My config is
H&R sport springs
22x9.5 265 30 r22 front
22x10.5 295 25 r22 rear

What front wheel and tire are you running?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
My config is
H&R sport springs
22x9.5 265 30 r22 front
22x10.5 295 25 r22 rear

What front wheel and tire are you running?

9.5 is a little big up front possibly. Also offsets may be to aggressive pushing them out too far.

Use this to make sure your new tire diameters are within 3% of stock sizes.
http://www.tirediametercalculator.com/
If not, that could be part or all if the issue.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM

Most importantly, remove the RWS and have it professionally weighed. Even an ounce off from tolerances can throw the whole cars suspension off and make it a guaranteed death trap. That should be the first order of business! Post your results!

Old 10-24-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Most importantly, remove the RWS and have it professionally weighed. Even an ounce off from tolerances can throw the whole cars suspension off and make it a guaranteed death trap. That should be the first order of business! Post your results!
Lol. I had that coming after my other comment and PT link.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
9.5 is a little big up front possibly. Also offsets may be to aggressive pushing them out too far.

Use this to make sure your new tire diameters are within 3% of stock sizes.
http://www.tirediametercalculator.com/
If not, that could be part or all if the issue.
If I did my math right, I'm under the 3%.
Stock is 27.68, my front is 28.26. 3% over would be 28.5.

I do have a dremel

Old 10-25-2013, 03:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Wow, those wheels look fantastic! The rubbing sucks, but that can be figured out. Shoot me a PM, would love to see them in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
Go someplace that sells essential oils and get some lavender. Put a couple drops on your wrists and smell it when you feel anxious. It works!
Old 10-25-2013, 04:45 AM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Quote:

This just fkin made my day HAHAHA oh man I have to really laugh outloud

Old 10-25-2013, 05:35 AM

Mein Auto: 11' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC
^
Lol, now that's what you call a RWS.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
Wow, those wheels look fantastic! The rubbing sucks, but that can be figured out. Shoot me a PM, would love to see them in person.
thanks!
cool.. I will PM you

Old 10-25-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
This just fkin made my day HAHAHA oh man I have to really laugh outloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by f01driver View Post
^
Lol, now that's what you call a RWS.
Glad you guys appreciated it.. I think I will fit in here just fine.

I was hoping I wasn't taking it too far, but the first time I clicked on that link I literally started laughing out loud.. I couldn't resist posting it..

Old 10-25-2013, 07:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 740i

If you want to change you ways and leave the sin behind we call rws I will take the shelf off your hands and YOU WILL be forgiven. J/k

Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM

A couple of days ago, I took some time to look deeper into my rubbing issue in the right front, and I think I am on to something. It looks like the right side of the front bumper was not correctly reinstalled. ( the dealership had the front and rear bumpers repainted prior to selling it to me CPO, to repair some scratches etc from the PO)

On the right side the inner liner is 2x as close to the wheel as it is on the drivers side. Also the bottom of the bumper is loose and flimsy compared to the drivers side. I plan to have them adjust the bumper forward to match the drivers side, and then make sure everything is completely fastened like it should be to see if that resolves my rubbing issue.

On a side note, I cleaned it up today, and met a couple graphic arts/photography students for a photo shoot in downtown Cincinnati. They are going to use it as one of their assignments, and I get free pictures out of it!. They should be done preparing the pics by friday.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Cool, looking forward to hearing how everything turns out and especially seeing the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
Go someplace that sells essential oils and get some lavender. Put a couple drops on your wrists and smell it when you feel anxious. It works!