Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: loaners...
V8s delivery delayed?

I really hope BMW NA will solve this situation but I wanted to share with the great community the excitement and deception from today.

I learned that my custom ordered x5 50i, M sport has been delivered to BMW warehouse in Baltimore but that BMW NA was holding on the delivery for all V8s !!!

The car is manufactured, inspected and in their tracking system scheduled for delivery to dealer in 2 days but last minute policy makes them deliver the 6 cylinders only.

Do you guys have heard anything similar? Any idea if this could be solved or why this is happening?

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 10-24-2013, 06:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i
Re: V8s delivery delayed?

That's horrible so close to being delivered. I can't get a production slot for mine and the dealer has no answer for why and I wonder if this is connected. I called BMW NA today and they didn't have an answer either.

When did you place your order and how long did it take to build?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-24-2013, 08:11 PM

Mein Auto: loaners...
Ordered early October, manufactured past week.
3 days in finishing touches and then arrived at "port" ine week after manufacturing completion.

Our dealer did a great job at securing an early slot (originally scheduled 2 weeka after).

Now BMW messing up with it.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 X5 4.4
delay

I placed my order yesterday for a week 43 build and the dealer was bumped to the end of December due to 20" wheel issues.

As mine was a m50 with 20" wheels, it could be the V8 or the wheels holding the build date for 30 days.

Keep posting if you hear anything
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 AM

Mein Auto: M-5
Can BMW NA please give us some sort of answer the 50's need to deliver too many people buying other brands these beasts need to be on the road straight away!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 bmw 330ic zhp
X5 50i

Mine has been built for 6 weeks and has been just sitting, HOWEVER this AM I was advised that it will be shipped on the 18th! It's a pity but that's the way it is. Maybe all this crap is over!!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto: M-5
50's to be released on the 12th finally they will be here soon can't get here fast enough after being held at Port for over a month!?!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 PM

Mein Auto: f10M5
Email from GM

I have the same issue. The below email is the only explanation I've received. Hope this helps.

Subject: FW: F15 X5 PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION FAQ

Subject: F15 X5 PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION FAQ

Publish Date:
Expiration Date:
November 19, 2013
National Automotive Sales
December 03, 2013
DCSnet Message
Important

Subject:
F15 X5 PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION FAQ

Dealer and consumer feedback regarding the MY 14 X5 has been extremely positive. The good news is the US market has been able to secure incremental production above and beyond our planned volume. This has helped to satisfy some of the strong initial demand for the vehicle. There are some startup challenges as the supply pipeline is still ramping up to meet the growing volume. While these situations are not ideal, they are part of the process of moving a new model into production. To assist in providing information regarding the current situation, we have assembled the following FAQ. It is our intention to provide the latest information to help you manage your customer base.

What Options are currently restricted?
The following options are in limited supply:
Option 2AZ 18" Light alloy wheels (Standard Wheel on X5 3.5 xDrive and sDrive)
Option 2PW - 20" M Light Alloy Double Spoke Wheels
Option 4M5 - Nappa Leather Dashboard
Option 3AG Rear-View Camera (Standard on X5 50) / ZDA Driver Assistance
Option 5DL - Surround View Camera / ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
NAMY Mocha Nappa Leather / ZMD Mocha Interior Design Package
NAEX Ivory White Nappa Leather / ZDI Ivory White Interior Design Package

When can I order these Options?
We anticipate these options will available on a regular basis beginning with January production.

Since 2AZ is the standard wheel for X5 3.5 xDrive and sDrive, does this mean that we are currently not building these models?
No. For November and December production as supply of wheel 2AZ is exhausted, orders are being upgraded free to include wheel 2H4 (19" Light alloy Multi-Spoke wheels style 448 with all-season run-flat tires). You can identify 14XG and 14XO orders with wheel 2H4 on your DAR.

Since 3AG is standard on X5 50, does this mean that we are currently not building this models?
No. For November and December production the supply 3AG (Rear View Cameras) is prioritized for X5 50 production. This means that any available 3AG cameras will be used to fill X5 50 orders first.

Can I order a Package that has one of the restricted options?
Unfortunately, if a restricted option is within a Package, the Package cannot be ordered. For example, ZDA consists of Options 3AG & 610. Because 3AG is restricted, ZDA cannot be ordered at this time.

If my order is in 150 Status and has one of the restricted options, will I still get the Option?
Yes, your vehicle will still get the option(s) as it has already been confirmed.

If my order is in 111 / 112 Status and has one of the restricted options, will I still get the Option?
If your order has one of the restricted options there still is a possibility that the order will not be built in 2013. If the restricted option does not become available, the system will move your orders to January production.

If I decide to leave a restricted option on the vehicle, do I have to do anything to get the vehicle produced with the option?
No action required. The system will push it out into January Production.

If I choose to remove a restricted option(s) from my order, when will it be built?
The removal of restricted options increases the chance of building the vehicle in 2013. Actual production is determined by the availability of an open production slot.

Why was December X5 Allocation so low?
A number of factors contributed to the low December Allocation:
1. In an effort to expedite production for vehicle delivery in 2013, 1000 units that were originally scheduled for December production were pulled into November production
2. Orders with restricted content were moved into December production when supplies were exhausted.

Will there be a loss of December Production due to these restrictions?
No. The factory will build the allocated number of vehicles in December. These orders will exclude any restricted options.

X5 50 Distribution
Through November 15th, the X5 50, was diverted from the plant to the nearest VDC to complete a campaign hold. As of November 18th, direct ship vehicles from plant Spartanburg are being scheduled for delivery to your dealership. Please note that they can only be released once campaign (0012550300) has been completed.

Attachments:
No Attachments

Recipients:
BMW Passenger Cars, New Vehicle Sales, All Regions, All Areas, Sales, All