Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-24-2013, 04:54 PM

Mein Auto: Nissan Altima
e90 330i vs e90 328i

Have been researching both cars vigorously and would like to know from people who have driven both or who own 1 how they like it? How are the cars on power and throttle delivery? Do the cars hold up over the course of time? Do the cars modify at all ? This forum will go into me buying either one of the cars so please answer with any knowledge possible. Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated. Your new BMW buddy.
Ads by Google
Old 10-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5SeriesCatchUP View Post
Have been researching both cars vigorously and would like to know from people who have driven both or who own 1 how they like it? How are the cars on power and throttle delivery? Do the cars hold up over the course of time? Do the cars modify at all ? This forum will go into me buying either one of the cars so please answer with any knowledge possible. Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated. Your new BMW buddy.
I owned a 330xi and thought it was a great car. I didn't experience any problems with it other than having to replace the battery which was not unexpected given its age. Generally speaking most people think of the 330 as the "better" or the two. It has more horsepower than the 328 and more standard equippment (given it was the higher end car for that model year).

As for power the two felt very similar to me (had a 328 loaner). The 330 may be slightly faster when pushed but both provide solid power delivery. The only issue I had was the delay when taking off. This is by design and can be minimized by moving the shift lever, assuming an automatic, to the sport mode.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I were in the market for such a vehicle.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:25 PM

Mein Auto: Nissan Altima
sunny5280 thanks for that review thats exactly what i was looking for as far as review. So even though a year older it seems the 330i would be a better choice. Thanks
Old 10-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 330i, '12 X5d
Have had my 330i for 5 years now. I absolutely love it. Good power but also good mileage in normal driving situations. Only problem has been the broken valve cover bolts which will allow oil leakage. It's been fixed twice for that, once under warranty and once out. Everything else has just been normal maintenance. Still looks new enough since they just now changed the body style. Just turned over 73,000 miles. I don't drive it every day now but when I do I always smile.