Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Cray

Mein Auto: Porsche Macan S / SD Pack
The Ghibli and Quattro are using platforms derived by or based on Chrysler from what I understand, not Ferrari (obviously), so IMO the latter has no effect on those cars.
2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign: White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder's w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Blacked Out Sidemarkers, Front Tints.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech, Sport Auto, etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport". '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Jaguar F-Type V8 S
The Ghibli is built on a new platform. That's the point. Right now the only car on this specific platform is the Ghibli.
BMW 550i, BMW 545i
Old 12-19-2013, 11:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Whoever picked out the name for this car should be taken out to the woodshed. I can't seriously consider a car whose name sounds that close to "giblet".
Old 12-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Stroller Drifter

Mein Auto: Wells Fargo Stagecoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by swajames View Post
The Ghibli is built on a new platform. That's the point. Right now the only car on this specific platform is the Ghibli.
Right. That's why I said preview for next Charger.
15 BMW Z4 35is
Past:
85 Corolla GT-S / 98 MB ML320 / 06 S2000 / 08 EVO X MR / 11 G37S 6MT / 12 MBZ E350 Bluetec / 13 BMW ActiveHybrid5
BMW CCA Member #457884
Old 01-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Cray

I still have issues with all the things I did before.... but in that I'm kind of craving to get something a little "exotic" next time, a little "testy", maybe a little louder, rawer around the edges yet without giving up luxury, a little more bespoke from a brand that's perceived as more "exclusive", and "loud" in statement (until I inevitably get weary of it again and crave the understated, precise and high quality sophistication mixed with sporty intentions that I get from BMW) I'm starting to seriously consider the Ghibli when my lease is up.

Seems I can price one out (non Q4) to the minimum of specs that I'd be content with, at around $75K, and if a Q4, about $81-$83K. I realize that in getting this car, I'd be getting something probably fundamentally inferior to my 5er and paying $$$$ for emotional satisfaction, even if possibly fleeting.

If by 11.5 months from now (when my lease is up) these cars start getting discounted heavily (won't pay at MSRP) or extremely lightly used models show depreciation that's moderate enough to not be a red flag, instead a buying opportunity, and I'm comfortable with whatever its price will be financially, it might be my next car. I'd just have to get comfortable with my helpless notion of its "Chrysler with Ferrari lipstick"-ness.

I watched the unveiling of it and the Maser CEO is taking an approach that speaks to me right now: Exclusivity, uniqueness, "differentiation", making fun of synthetics and synthetic sounds, and stating how the Ghibli proudly wears its sound instead of muffling it, instead of synthesizing it, and wants to "scare old ladies" instead of be bought by them (a clear shot at German competitors). It's a solid marketing strategy as BMW and Mercedes and even Audi can't get away with it anymore as they've become so big that they have to pander to the masses, and can't make fun of/alienate them.

Now the most dreaded part: If my tall a$$ can hopefully comfortably fit in it.
2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign: White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder's w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Blacked Out Sidemarkers, Front Tints.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech, Sport Auto, etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport". '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Last edited by K-A; 01-16-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
I still have issues with all the things I did before.... but in that I'm kind of craving to get something a little "exotic" next time, a little "testy", maybe a little louder, rawer around the edges yet without giving up luxury, a little more bespoke from a brand that's perceived as more "exclusive", and "loud" in statement (until I inevitably get weary of it again and crave the understated, precise and high quality sophistication mixed with sporty intentions that I get from BMW) I'm starting to seriously consider the Ghibli when my lease is up.

Seems I can price one out (non Q4) to the minimum of specs that I'd be content with, at around $75K, and if a Q4, about $81-$83K. I realize that in getting this car, I'd be getting something probably fundamentally inferior to my 5er and paying $$$$ for emotional satisfaction, even if possibly fleeting.

If by 11.5 months from now (when my lease is up) these cars start getting discounted heavily (won't pay at MSRP) or extremely lightly used models show depreciation that's moderate enough to not be a red flag, instead a buying opportunity, and I'm comfortable with whatever its price will be financially, it might be my next car. I'd just have to get comfortable with my helpless notion of its "Chrysler with Ferrari lipstick"-ness.

I watched the unveiling of it and the Maser CEO is taking an approach that speaks to me right now: Exclusivity, uniqueness, "differentiation", making fun of synthetics and synthetic sounds, and stating how the Ghibli proudly wears its sound instead of muffling it, instead of synthesizing it, and wants to "scare old ladies" instead of be bought by them (a clear shot at German competitors). It's a solid marketing strategy as BMW and Mercedes and even Audi can't get away with it anymore as they've become so big that they have to pander to the masses, and can't make fun of/alienate them.

Now the most dreaded part: If my tall a$$ can hopefully comfortably fit in it.
KA, I can save you the trouble - forget it now.

I've been seeing them around more often where I live (point against the whole Maserati thing, IMO) and decided mayyyyyyyybe they didn't look as bad as the first one I saw.

So today, I had a huge work meeting that I have been prepping for two weeks for. It went well and I was out fairly early and there was no way in hell I was going back to work after that. My ride home takes me past dealers of every high end Marque except Bentle, Ferrari and Rolls. So I decided to stop in and seeing what this was all about.

After being greeted by a massively hot young woman with a killer body and a great face (albeit with way too much makeup) she informed me that she was the only one really covering the sales floor, and that she was sorry, but she was working with a client and about to go out for a test drive. She opened up one of the Ghiblis on the showroom floor and said she would be back in 20 minutes (yes, they keep them locked).

First thing I noticed was the nasty-ass Jeep / Chrysler infotainment system. Seriously, this thing was lifted from the Grand Cherokee....of about 3 years ago. I recently sat in a 2014 GC SRT and it had a newer version of U Connect than this. Sheesh. But, I said, it's a Maserati, let's think about the more important things.

So I spent some time looking around the interior. First, I got comfortable. Or tried to. There isn't a lot of room in the car. There certainly isn't the legroom in the 5 series. I sort of got comfortable, even though the wheel didn't really telescope out far enough. The seat, like many for me, lacked thigh support. Headroom was limited, but it's probably not all that much less than in the 5 series. But it definitely was less.

The wheel....well, it was horrid. It was a part wood wheel (not sure if that was optional or not) but it was the worst one I had ever seen. The wood is around the rim in a band, on the outer edge. And it makes the wheel have to have ridges around it to place the wood strip. It's terrible. You can't even see it, it just makes the wheel uncomfortable.

Next, I played around with the dash. There's leather around, but it's not as quality as the nappa in the BMW. The gauge bezel is small, and the display between the gauges isn't very high quality. Then I grabbed the trim around the gauges. The chrome trim was cheap. The plastic shroud was cheap and creaked when I pushed on it. Naff.

The start button is on the left of the wheel, kind of buried in a stupid position. My Porsche starter is on the left, but at least you can see it.

The secondary controls aren't anything special. Oh, there are no shift paddles. They're optional, even on the SQ4.

That Nav / Infotainment is horrible. It's the same as in a Dodge Dart, if I'm not mistaken.

In any event, I was pretty nonplussed.

I opened the door to check out the back seat. They are frameless, and they're not particularly quality feeling. I opened the rear door, and man, was I in for a shock. There wasn't as much leg room back there as in a 3 series!! Seriously, I couldn't even sit behind myself. And I can in an F30. I would equate it to the rear seat space of an E90. Not good.

The trunk is not really very big. Same as a F30, I would say.

So the hottie wasn't back yet, so I walked around the car. Meh, it's ok, but it's pretty bloated and distorted looking when you look at it. The car had 18" wheels on it and they looked very small. So I was not blown away.

It's a good thing I hadn't looked at the window sticker for this steaming heap of mediocrity. Because it was only $87,500.

Seriously, The car has 400 HP, and less than 400 ft-lbs if I recall. It's not particularly good looking. The interior is pretty nasty....I think that the new Acura RLX feels more upscale, aside from it's fake wood. And I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that.

In the end, the hottie came back, and I told her thanks, but no thanks. I just wasn't that interested. It's not all that great of a car.

So K-A.....don't even think about it. Not only will you be sorely disappointed, but your big ass won't fit in it either. I'm only 6'2" and just barely fit. And not comfortably.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 01-16-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post

I've been seeing them around more often where I live (point against the whole Maserati thing, IMO) and decided mayyyyyyyybe they didn't look as bad as the first one I saw.

So today, I had a huge work meeting that I have been prepping for two weeks for. It went well and I was out fairly early and there was no way in hell I was going back to work after that. My ride home takes me past dealers of every high end Marque except Bentle, Ferrari and Rolls. So I decided to stop in and seeing what this was all about.

After being greeted by a massively hot young woman with a killer body and a great face (albeit with way too much makeup) she informed me that she was the only one really covering the sales floor, and that she was sorry, but she was working with a client and about to go out for a test drive. She opened up one of the Ghiblis on the showroom floor and said she would be back in 20 minutes (yes, they keep them locked).

First thing I noticed was the nasty-ass Jeep / Chrysler infotainment system. Seriously, this thing was lifted from the Grand Cherokee....of about 3 years ago. I recently sat in a 2014 GC SRT and it had a newer version of U Connect than this. Sheesh. But, I said, it's a Maserati, let's think about the more important things.

So I spent some time looking around the interior. First, I got comfortable. Or tried to. There isn't a lot of room in the car. There certainly isn't the legroom in the 5 series. I sort of got comfortable, even though the wheel didn't really telescope out far enough. The seat, like many for me, lacked thigh support. Headroom was limited, but it's probably not all that much less than in the 5 series. But it definitely was less.

The wheel....well, it was horrid. It was a part wood wheel (not sure if that was optional or not) but it was the worst one I had ever seen. The wood is around the rim in a band, on the outer edge. And it makes the wheel have to have ridges around it to place the wood strip. It's terrible. You can't even see it, it just makes the wheel uncomfortable.

Next, I played around with the dash. There's leather around, but it's not as quality as the nappa in the BMW. The gauge bezel is small, and the display between the gauges isn't very high quality. Then I grabbed the trim around the gauges. The chrome trim was cheap. The plastic shroud was cheap and creaked when I pushed on it. Naff.

The start button is on the left of the wheel, kind of buried in a stupid position. My Porsche starter is on the left, but at least you can see it.

The secondary controls aren't anything special. Oh, there are no shift paddles. They're optional, even on the SQ4.

That Nav / Infotainment is horrible. It's the same as in a Dodge Dart, if I'm not mistaken.

I opened the door to check out the back seat. They are frameless, and they're not particularly quality feeling. I opened the rear door, and man, was I in for a shock. There wasn't as much leg room back there as in a 3 series!! Seriously, I couldn't even sit behind myself. And I can in an F30. I would equate it to the rear seat space of an E90. Not good.

So the hottie wasn't back yet, so I walked around the car. Meh, it's ok, but it's pretty bloated and distorted looking when you look at it. The car had 18" wheels on it and they looked very small. So I was not blown away.

It's a good thing I hadn't looked at the window sticker for this steaming heap of mediocrity. Because it was only $87,500.

Seriously, The car has 400 HP, and less than 400 ft-lbs if I recall. It's not particularly good looking. The interior is pretty nasty....I think that the new Acura RLX feels more upscale, aside from it's fake wood. And I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that.

In the end, the hottie came back, and I told her thanks, but no thanks. I just wasn't that interested. It's not all that great of a car.

So K-A.....don't even think about it. Not only will you be sorely disappointed, but your big ass won't fit in it either. I'm only 6'2" and just barely fit. And not comfortably.
That is an amazing review, thanks, Needs!

It's funny, your description of it inside and out are IDENTICAL to mine after I sat in it at the Auto Show. I was EXTREMELY unimpressed with the interior, overall very cheap and many parts that literally belong in (and exist in) $17K Chrysler/Dodge's, and in even those cars they're generally considered cheap in class.

"Bloated and distorted" is a very good description of the exterior. Spot on how I felt. Though like you said earlier, it's odd.... sometimes it looks bad, and sometimes (to me at least), it can look pretty amazing. Though, I've only seen 2 in person, and found BOTH to look bad/bland/distorted, but some pics make it look sometimes even great, odd.

Fact of the matter is, if you buy this car, you're buying it for curb appeal and "exclusivity in the badge", although it apparently is the most raw/sporty driving car in class, though apparently at the expense of an absorbing suspension and interior quietness (I've heard it's pretty loud inside, though probably partly on purpose). I myself am WAY too fickle, and way too involved in finding the inherent, underlying qualities of a car that prove to me that I'm in something engineered as a premium product from the ground up, not just at the surface. The Ghibli clearly isn't that, and the pretty horrendous interior shows it.

.... Still, the thought of getting a "budget exotic" with a Ferrari derived engine have just been pulling me in.... It does suck to hear you say that you found that huge thing to have even less headroom than the F10. Did you get the seat as far down as you could, steering wheel all the way out, etc.?

I think you're spot on, and I think this isn't the car for me. As much as the "idea" works for me, I know my initial impression, which mimics yours exactly, will be what ultimately stands.

It's just a bummer as I don't want to get another F10.... not because I dislike the car, it's actually the only car that still makes sense for me when looking at from all angles, I love it, but I just hate getting the same car twice, especially when it's so close to the next gen. Even though mine is a pre-facelift.... But there's really nothing that rivals it for near the price, IMO.

Last edited by K-A; 01-16-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:50 AM

Mein Auto: Acura RL
IMO, a CPO 650/640 xdrive GC, or new S7 would be a better way to spend 85k
Every time I think exotic, exclusive, etc, I ask myself would I take it on a road trip on a sunday? Would AAA or roadside assistance even know what it is, let alone , know how to flat bed it when it breaks down in some rural town.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
That is an amazing review, thanks, Needs!

It's funny, your description of it inside and out are IDENTICAL to mine after I sat in it at the Auto Show. I was EXTREMELY unimpressed with the interior, overall very cheap and many parts that literally belong in (and exist in) $17K Chrysler/Dodge's, and in even those cars they're generally considered cheap in class.

"Bloated and distorted" is a very good description of the exterior. Spot on how I felt. Though like you said earlier, it's odd.... sometimes it looks bad, and sometimes (to me at least), it can look pretty amazing. Though, I've only seen 2 in person, and found BOTH to look bad/bland/distorted, but some pics make it look sometimes even great, odd.

Fact of the matter is, if you buy this car, you're buying it for curb appeal and "exclusivity in the badge", although it apparently is the most raw/sporty driving car in class, though apparently at the expense of an absorbing suspension and interior quietness (I've heard it's pretty loud inside, though probably partly on purpose). I myself am WAY too fickle, and way too involved in finding the inherent, underlying qualities of a car that prove to me that I'm in something engineered as a premium product from the ground up, not just at the surface. The Ghibli clearly isn't that, and the pretty horrendous interior shows it.

.... Still, the thought of getting a "budget exotic" with a Ferrari derived engine have just been pulling me in.... It does suck to hear you say that you found that huge thing to have even less headroom than the F10. Did you get the seat as far down as you could, steering wheel all the way out, etc.?

I think you're spot on, and I think this isn't the car for me. As much as the "idea" works for me, I know my initial impression, which mimics yours exactly, will be what ultimately stands.

It's just a bummer as I don't want to get another F10.... not because I dislike the car, it's actually the only car that still makes sense for me when looking at from all angles, I love it, but I just hate getting the same car twice, especially when it's so close to the next gen. Even though mine is a pre-facelift.... But there's really nothing that rivals it for near the price, IMO.
Seat all the way down, and almost all the way back. Wheel out as far as it goes. True disclosure: many cars do not fit me, even though I am "only" 6'2". I have pretty long legs and like to sit with them straight.

IMO, check out the F80. I'm going to drive it with my wife next week and make sure it's big enough for the 4 of us, but I think it will be. It's not a semi-exotic, but it will weigh under 3,500 lbs and be very light on it's feet. My main gripes with the F30 are rectified in the F80 with extended leather, namely the feel of the dash and the seats. I have yet to drive it, but I think it will really feel special. And it's different.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 01-17-2014, 08:54 AM
BMW aficionado

Mein Auto: 535i
+1 on F80 - that's what the doctor orders when you feel too pampered by the luxurious F10.

And you'll get a fully loaded one with enough change to spend on insurance for $87,000.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

BMW CCA Member 498664
Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 AM
The Driver

Quote:

Clearly an issue with this car. I would consider it only if they bundled it with the aforementioned hottie.

I dont think of this as a Chrysler with Ferrari lipstick. There is absolutely zero Ferrari dna as far as I can tell. At best it's a chrysler with Alfa Romeo lipstick and I wouldn't touch an Alfa Romeo or any FIAT group product with a bargepole. To be honest even if I was shopping for a $300k sports car I would choose a McLaren or a Lambo before I would buy a Ferrari.

2014 BMW///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 01-17-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Mein Auto: F10
Quote:
Finally saw a Ghibli today in the flesh. VERY underwhelming. Lacked any kind of drama whatsoever. My wife said "doesn't look very sporty......."

Ouch.

The font looks great the back like a cheap car. Interior TBD. Residual / depreciation is the toilet. How many do you want ?
Old 01-17-2014, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:

Great review ND!

Wow, this is disappointing to hear. I've sat in it and echo most of your comments. From far away, everything looks high quality, but once you get up close, it's all cheap-feeling.

Apparently, the reviews have said that it drives decently, but I'm not sure I should even bother at this point either.

Maserati is going have a tough time selling these to BMW/Audi/Lexus/MB/Porsche customers, especially when the Germans/Japanese have better residuals, fit/finish, quality, etc.

It's game-over for Maserati when Porsche brings out their sedan. I strongly believe that the Pajun will end up being best-in-class with Porsche's recent track record of phenomenal cars.

I sat in the new QP and was let-down also. The A8/S Class are superior cars.

Last edited by AutoUnion; 01-17-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
I dont think of this as a Chrysler with Ferrari lipstick. There is absolutely zero Ferrari dna as far as I can tell. At best it's a chrysler with Alfa Romeo lipstick and I wouldn't touch an Alfa Romeo or any FIAT group product with a bargepole. To be honest even if I was shopping for a $300k sports car I would choose a McLaren or a Lambo before I would buy a Ferrari.
I think the engines are from Ferrari. Not sure though.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:10 AM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
I think the engines are from Ferrari. Not sure though.
The engines are from Ferrari in the same way the Infiniti FX50 Sebastien Vettel edition was engineered by Sebastien Vettel. They probably had a guy drive it once and give some feedback, and claim that means its designed by Ferrari.

2014 BMW///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 01-17-2014, 11:25 AM

Mein Auto: F10
Quote:

The superficial unknowledgeable people out there will love it. Older wimps with money basically.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunccfp View Post
The superficial unknowledgeable people out there will love it. Older wimps with money basically.
In that case Porsche should be worried, older unknowledgeable wimps with money usually is the type that help prevent red at the end of the year.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...234252261.html

Idk 319% increase thats big.

Btw exotic vehicles need better names then pajun or ghibli or macan lol did the marketing team fall asleep while naming those vehicles.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:54 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
K-A -- seems like a 6 series gran coupe would suit you well if you love the F10 but want more curb appeal and a little more (design) edginess? I agree w /the F80 option as well but those are likely to sell for MSRP for the next year or so. Will likelu be more expensive to lease than a 6GC of the same list price.

Last edited by bmw325; 01-17-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post

Btw exotic vehicles need better names then pajun or ghibli or macan lol did the marketing team fall asleep while naming those vehicles.
The Pajun is the slang term for Porsche's new smaller sedan that doesn't yet have a name. Panamera Junior. It's a pickup on the Cajun term that was used for the Macan until the Macan got it's name.

Not that Macan is much better.

Ghibli is an historic Maserati name and they are clearly trying to trade on it....despite the previous Ghibli being a coupe. I think the Chrysler people who named the current 4 door Charger must have been in on that product meeting. Wait, Fiat owns Chrisler.....never mind.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325 View Post
K-A -- seems like a 6 series gran coupe would suit you well if you love the F10 but want more curb appeal and a little more (design) edginess? I agree w /the F80 option as well but those are likely to sell for MSRP for the next year or so. Will likelu be more expensive to lease than a 6GC of the same list price.
I'd be surprised if KA can fit in a 6GC. I know that when I am in one, I'm staring at the top of the windshield.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Stroller Drifter

Mein Auto: Wells Fargo Stagecoach
Snap out of it KA!!! Why are you thinking of another brand when your F10 is perfect as is...
Don't you want to take advantage of the BMW loyalty bonus and turn key credit?

Did I forget to mention the $1000 mail in rebate from BMW CCA if you join now (need 12 month standing membership to qualify)
Click on my signature so I get a chance for free M-school.

Since you change cars every few years, Maser will be horrible for leasing since their residuals are probably nasty and FIAT/Chrysler hasn't setup their captive financing to subsidize the lease rates. (Hello US Bank and Ally Bank)
15 BMW Z4 35is
Past:
85 Corolla GT-S / 98 MB ML320 / 06 S2000 / 08 EVO X MR / 11 G37S 6MT / 12 MBZ E350 Bluetec / 13 BMW ActiveHybrid5
BMW CCA Member #457884

Last edited by ae86pwr; 01-17-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:22 PM
OZG F10

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i F10
No. I have owned a Maserati Coupé (during the company's Fiat ownership) and it was one of the most unreliable cars that I have ever dealt with- a close second right after my Alfa Romeo 164. I will need to see at least a decade of high reliability form Maserati to even consider one.

13 BMW F10 535i RWD - 3.0 L 221 kW (300 hp) Bone stock except NAVI,PDC,Cam,Tint,Coded,HID Fogs,Debadged,Spoiler,BMS Stg1
07 BMW E64 630i - 3.0 L 200 kW (272 hp)
03 BMW E65 745i - 4.4 L V8, 242 kW (325 hp)
98 BMW E39 535i - 3.5 L 183 kW (245 hp)
95 BMW E34 540i - 4.0 L V8 210 kW (282 hp)
89 BMW E30 M3 non-cat 147 kW (200 hp)

15 MB W222 S550 4-Matic on order
10 Infiniti G37x Sedan
09 Mercedes C 350
08 Infiniti G35x Sedan
04 Mercedes CLK 350
01 Mercedes C 230
Old 01-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Cray

Quote:
I'd be surprised if KA can fit in a 6GC. I know that when I am in one, I'm staring at the top of the windshield.
Actually I seem to have more headroom in the 6 Series'than I do the F10! Go figure. I thought it was odd when I saw the 6 Series had more headroom listed on its specs, but it seems true in real life. I think it has to do with the seating position and the fact that it doesn't have a real/functioning sunroof.

Ae86pwr: I know, you're right! I need to snap out of it, these things tend to happen with me when it comes to cars after a bit of time, lol. The 6 is the obvious ticket indeed. honestly I couldn't imagine myself being completely happy with any other brand other than BMW right now, aside from probably Porsche, but even then, I find BMW a better value mostly. At least compared to the 911, which is always my ultimate "next car", however a big turnoff when it comes to its price point, and where I live, the type of driving I do, size, etc. Though a 911 without a sunroof has the best headroom for me. Go figure again.

I do think the midsize Porsche sedan Will be a game changer.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 PM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
No. I have owned a Maserati Coupé (during the company's Fiat ownership) and it was one of the most unreliable cars that I have ever dealt with- a close second right after my Alfa Romeo 164. I will need to see at least a decade of high reliability form Maserati to even consider one.
Maserati is still owned by FIAT.

FIAT owns 90% of Ferrari. Between 1999 and 2005 FIAT gave 50% of Maserati to its Ferrari business. In 2005 they bought the shares back and merged Maserati with Alfa Romeo.

So today Maserati is owned 100% and controlled by FIAT and has no equity or reporting relationship with Ferrari. Further Ferrari is also 90% owned by FIAT.

2014 BMW///M5 Individual

Last edited by Stealth.Pilot; 01-17-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:59 PM

Mein Auto: F11 530D
Just read this whole thread.

RIP Ghibli.