Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Isse

Mein Auto: 750 Li
A bit perplexed

On more than one occasion I've floored my 2007 750il and it seemed to lag in acceleration before getting up in speed - kinda feels like a 4 cylinder. it picks up 3-5 secs later.

It also sometimes sees to kinda stutter/jerks when I accelerate just a bit and then let off. Smooth shifting seems to be getting rougher.

Any ideas what I can do to remedy this? I've read about resetting computer or gas peddle or something else.

Thanks,
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Teenage Car Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
look up how to reset your transmission. it involves holding the gas pedal down for 25 seconds with the ignition on but car off. (USE SEARCH BAR)
If you have over 70k miles and you've been flooring your 7, your guibo is probably worn or you need a new fuel/air filter

This Car Im Driving Make U Feel Some Type Of Way
@V1SUALZ Los Angeles car v1sualz company coming soon!
F*** a lease, drive a e65
Old 10-30-2013, 05:31 AM
Isse

Thanks for info. Found how to do it. See link below. Seems that remedy has helped quote a few ppl. Gonna try it tonight and post results on thread.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=40018
Old 10-30-2013, 06:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 760Li
A bit perplexed

The gas pedal reset is a myth. It doesn't actually do anything.

I've found that turning the traction control off helps. I think the wheels start to spin so it cuts power immediately, leading to the symptoms you describe.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-30-2013, 12:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW 745i E65
My opinion, a tank full of bad gas. I know BMW has taken failsafes to sort of prevent this problem but I'm in tune with my car and my driving to know filling up at a shell vs. "USA petroleum" or some independent station does make a difference. Grab yourself two bottles of tecron since we have huge gas tanks and run it through and see if that helps. I pour in two bottles every 6 months because I'm anal with keeping my car clean and running. If that doesn't help it could be something in the air filter, maybe its time to change it, thats a simple $25 at any pepboys. And finally if thats not it I do know the car will skip to higher gear if you floor it and you're in 4th or higher, try taking your foot off the pedal and then gradually pressing it to the floor. Luxury cars are notorious for making sure they aren't "Floored", so you have to be gradual on the pedal when you want to "blow some idiot ricer away".

P.S. if none of this works maybe drop some coin and get that "drive by wire" thing and try it out, I've been curious to see if they work but I don't want to be a guniea pig
Old 11-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Isse

A lil busy to reply sooner - Thanks for info and words. I tried the gas pedal reset first and it didn't seem to work so I was a little disappointed. Then I read somewhere else to not floor the pedal but hold it at about 95% down. I tried it and... behold - call it "Adaptive Tranny" or "Adaptive Thinking and Hoping" lol - I actually heard what sounded like a reset. The tranny began to shift VERY differently right away. It seems as if the engine had to work a little harder than before the "Reset" but maybe that's part of the adaptation process. I'm hoping this was a fix in my beauty and not in my mind. I will post progress later in the week.

Thanks again!