Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 x28i
Question Good Lease Deal?

Hello Gurus,

Am a new member on the forum and just 1 month old to the United States!!! Looking to lease a BMW for 24 months while I am here (hopefully longer )

I have got this lease deal on a 2014 X1 x28i
Config: 2014 X1 xDrive28i, Glacier Silver Metallic, Black Nevada Leather
Cold Weather, Premium and Technology Packages

MSRP - 40,975 (as per BMW site build), 38375 (BMWconfig.com)
Inv - 35865 (BMWconfig.com)
Selling Price - 36,090
Residual - 28,203
Lease Term - 24 months
Monthly Payment 409
Money Factor - 0.00125

On Signing - 2670 which includes
Bank Acquisition Fee - 925
Doc Fee - 339
Tax - 650
DMV - 350
First Month - 409
Tire Tax - 6

I have also got a similar deal for a vehicle which has the Ultimate Package which has similar initial payment with no down and 485 monthly. Or one without any options for 350 a month (Not my choice since I am sure I will not enjoy the BMW experience!!!)

Any comments? I am also toying with the idea of waiting until Friday to see the deals for November. Is it worth or should I close the deal if approved?

After reading a lot, I am aware that there is some room on the Acquisition and Doc Fees. However the dealer is reluctant to budge saying this is rock bottom. Of course, considering my lack of credit history, I am unsure whether BMW FS will approve the deal at all!!! I am really eager to drive a BMW though.

All dealers I have spoken to seem to want to reach an agreement on the price before proceeding for approval. Based on some forum threads, it seems they have some room for getting approval.

Any feedback and comments on the lease are welcome. I am based in NJ so any dealer recommendations are most welcome.
Ads by Google
Old 10-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 sDrive28i xLine
Those numbers actually look pretty darn good. Especially the selling price for just a couple over Invoice.

I would suggest you try and stretch and get the lighting package though. Without it you lose the signature "BMW look" with the halo rings. And the Xenon headlights are really VERY VERY good. I've read a number of posts that the standard Halogen are only fair and some have said down right poor.

FYI, BMW FS looks for a credit score of 670+ for Tier 1, 2, or 3. If you have 670+ on any one of your 3 credit agency scores you should be ok with BMW FS.

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 128i Convertible
Like Scott said, the selling price looks outstanding. You pretty much ordered exactly what I hope to build in a year and a half, less the lighting package. If I could get payments anywhere near that same ballpark I'd be thrilled. No MSDs?
2012 BMW 128i Convertible (red)
2013 MINI Cooper Coupe (red)
2011 Ford Fiesta (grey)
Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: X1
Good Lease Deal?

Great lease deal. Look to see if you qualify for any manufacturer or dealer incentives (like conquest) and have them apply it to lower the agreed on price.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-29-2013, 03:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Acura TSX SE 6MT MR
Good Lease Deal?

Decent price. My fully loaded '14 Sport Line x28i was 499 a month. Paid 1182 down, TT&T, including the difference between 10 and 12k miles a year.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Familienwappen

Mein Auto: '11 535xi, '14 X1 28xi
That is a good deal, but instead of just adding the lighting package get the deal on the "Ultimate package" of the X128. You get both of the other packages combined plus the lighting and 1 or 2 more option for a great total cost reduction as compared to starting at another point and building it up close.

Are these offers on in stock or in country cars? Or will it be ordered?

Good Luck,

Wir koennen alles. Ausser Hochdeutsch
Old 10-29-2013, 08:04 PM

Thanks all

I looked around for the lighting package but all dealers around seem to be having either the Ultimate or Tech+Premium. Additionally, I am trying to keep payments down since my visa has only 21 months left. Considering a 24 month lease term as minimum, I might still be looking for 3 payoffs in case I have to return it then so trying to minimize the loss Any additional negotiation with the dealer post approval will also help.

I might consider MSDs if BMW FS comes back with a higher money factor but would need to look at the overall deal to see if the new numbers still make sense in that scenario. If they approve as is, MSDs should be even more helpful!!! On that note, can MSDs only be provided at the start of the lease or later as well?

Waiting for the dealer to confirm back BMW FS approval for the lease given my out-of-country situation and lack of credit score. He has submitted the application today and there have been back and forth exchanges asking for all supporting documents. Hoping that the approval comes through without any changes in lease terms!!!

Will keep you posted.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:12 PM

These offers are on in stock cars with dealers. Ordering and waiting will mean losing even more time on my visa. If I am not mistaken, the Ultimate Package only provides Driver Assist, Tech and Premium but does not include the Xenon. If it included, I would have definitely gone for that considering I have the offer for 485 with Ultimate. No one seems to have options with Xenon as far as I have researched.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Familienwappen

Mein Auto: '11 535xi, '14 X1 28xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canhouter View Post
These offers are on in stock cars with dealers. Ordering and waiting will mean losing even more time on my visa. If I am not mistaken, the Ultimate Package only provides Driver Assist, Tech and Premium but does not include the Xenon. If it included, I would have definitely gone for that considering I have the offer for 485 with Ultimate. No one seems to have options with Xenon as far as I have researched.
Your right, just checked the build and the only things the Ultimate leaves out is the Cold Weather and the Lighting.

But considering our speed limits and the shortness of your time, perhaps skipping the the light pkg and buying upgraded halogen bulbs i.e. 5000-6000K for a total of about $120 + tax and labor might be an alternative that will be close enough and not break the deal or the bank.

Wir koennen alles. Ausser Hochdeutsch
Old 10-30-2013, 04:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Acura TSX SE 6MT MR
Good Lease Deal?

Not sure if this is allowed, but here's one in stock with Ultimate, Lighting, and should be worth a drive. It's through the dealer I got mine at, and I got an amazing deal. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you connected with my guy.

http://www.faulknerbmw.com/New/BMW/X...-18169-wdi.cfm

Old 11-03-2013, 02:38 PM

Got approved from BMW FS for the agreed numbers. Signed the lease and took delivery yesterday. Same config just a diff color - grey! Abolsutely thrilled and loving the X1. Am sure going to be spending a long time with the iDrive! Totally worth it!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 sDrive28i xLine
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canhouter View Post
Got approved from BMW FS for the agreed numbers. Signed the lease and took delivery yesterday. Same config just a diff color - grey! Abolsutely thrilled and loving the X1. Am sure going to be spending a long time with the iDrive! Totally worth it!!!
Grats! Enjoy!!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:44 PM
UNTDrums

Mein Auto: '11 335d '14 X1 sDrive28i
Good Lease Deal?

To the esteemed members of the forum,
I need some help. I am trying to get my wife into an X1 and have been talking with 2 dealers in my area. This is my first lease as I bought (financed) my 335d last summer so I have been looking to your experiences for guidance. First, here's the first offer I have been given:
2014 X1 xDrive 28i
Lemans Blue
MSport
Lighting
Ultimate
Heated seats

MSRP: $44,625
Discount: $3,205
BMW Option credit: $750
USAA/Owner Loyalty: $1,000
Vehicle selling price: $39,670

Sales Tax: $2,479.38
Tag/Registration Fees: $57.75
Title fee: $33
State insp fee: $23.75
Documentation fee: $122.50
Road and bridge: $10
Balance due: $42486.67

Adj cap cost: $43.126.38
MF: .00165 / .00116 (w/7 MSDs)
Residual: 59% for 15K miles
61% for 12K miles
$725 acquisition fee

Option 1- 36 months / 12K miles
Cash due: $558 or
$4373 (With 7 MSDs)
Monthly payment $558 or
$524 (With 7 MSDs)

Option 2 - 36 months / 15K miles
Cash due: $581 or
$4397 (With 7 MSDs)
Monthly payment: $582 or
$548 (With 7 MSDs)

We'd like to see if we can lower the selling price but more importantly the MF. When I told the CAs that other people are getting .00125 before MSDs, he asked for a source. Does anyone have any advice?

We are planning on selling my wife's current car (2013 VW Golf TDI fully loaded) this weekend and are trying to get this settled before then.

Thanks in advance

Old 11-03-2013, 04:47 PM
UNTDrums

Mein Auto: '11 335d '14 X1 sDrive28i
Good Lease Deal?

I forgot to mention that we are also looking now for an sDrive since we live in Dallas. I figured that should lower the selling price by at least $1700. The CA said we would have to order one or be more flexible on the options since he can't find one in the BMW Southwest area. Do you the the MF problem is because we live in TX?