Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 10-31-2013, 08:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 740Li
Door Panel Removal Guide for F01, F02, F03, and F04

This all began with my dissatisfaction with the Audio System in my 2011 F02 (740Li in my case). So I began to research the available options for speaker upgrades, amps, processors, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I finally decided to go with BSW for the five (5) drivers, and Tweeters, using their component set for the front doors. I'll have more on that in the future (including the install), as I just ordered them today. My decision was based on a few factors, including the (hopefully high) quality of the product, some great reviews from a few other forums, but mostly because I have been working with Jason and Micah for the last few weeks, to come up with the best selection for my vehicle. In doing so, I got a solid feeling that they will back up their product 100%, even if I am unhappy with the results. So, to determine exactly what my car will require, since they have not yet developed a kit for our cars, I volunteered to physically inspect all of the speakers to determine exactly what style will work. The center channel and two rear deck speaker sets are super easy to access, just being a matter of popping the covers off with a plastic trim removal tool, starting with the edge closest to you. The door panels were a bit more difficult, and having done it now, I would only recomend this to someone as adventurous (or stupid and cocky) as myself . Being cautious, I searched the forums, and all I was able to find was a single vague page out of a BMW workbook, that has been floating around the web. It was enough to keep me out of trouble, but I decided I would make my own guide for anyone that is interested. This is VERSION 1, but will likely be revised after I try my steps out (per my exact instructions) on the other door panel. I am open to any feedback from you all, and I am also not afraid to admit if something is incorrect. However, I did try my best to precisely describe the steps that I took, and in the exact order that I performed them.

As for the speaker upgrade, stay tuned...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Front Door Panel Removal - F01-F04 - REV1.pdf (2.07 MB, 331 views)

Last edited by cmc003; 11-01-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-12-2013, 08:52 AM

cmc003, thanks for the Door Panel Removal Guide. Looks like a doable job but a little trick. I never would have figured out that hidden pin. I don't like the sound at all in my 7 Series so this will defintiely help me when the time comes.

I went to print your document but was unable to do so due to the Adobe security you put on the pdf document. Can you re-post the instructions but enable printing in the security properties? Thanks.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missile View Post
cmc003, thanks for the Door Panel Removal Guide. Looks like a doable job but a little trick. I never would have figured out that hidden pin. I don't like the sound at all in my 7 Series so this will defintiely help me when the time comes.

I went to print your document but was unable to do so due to the Adobe security you put on the pdf document. Can you re-post the instructions but enable printing in the security properties? Thanks.
I promise that I will re-post it without printing restriction. I specifically did this because I wanted to test my instructions step by step again to make sure that they were accurate. I have a couple minor changes to make before doing so, but I'll try to get to it asap.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:30 PM

Perfect. Thanks. I look forward to seeing the updated document.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: 750li F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc003 View Post
I promise that I will re-post it without printing restriction. I specifically did this because I wanted to test my instructions step by step again to make sure that they were accurate. I have a couple minor changes to make before doing so, but I'll try to get to it asap.
any update on this?
2011 BMW 750Li - Coded, Rear Entertainment, M Sport, LED Lighting, ACS Trunk & Roof Spoiler, Tint, //M Pedals, iForge 22's, Conti CS2 Tires, EBC Dimpled Rotors and Red Stuff Pads. M Sticker on Steering (lol) & a ton of paint work to accent the Alpinweiss body & Jet Black trim pieces. The Ultimate Storm Trooper Driving Machine.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:05 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw F02
Hello guys ,

I have F02 and i want to change rear windows i bought black and i want to change them its 750 li so i need help to how can i remove rear panel door ?? Thanks for support regards .
Old 12-16-2013, 08:55 AM

Mein Auto: 750li F02
here is the unlocked version so you can print it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Front+Door+Panel+Removal F02 BMW - Unlocked.pdf (2.13 MB, 159 views)
2011 BMW 750Li - Coded, Rear Entertainment, M Sport, LED Lighting, ACS Trunk & Roof Spoiler, Tint, //M Pedals, iForge 22's, Conti CS2 Tires, EBC Dimpled Rotors and Red Stuff Pads. M Sticker on Steering (lol) & a ton of paint work to accent the Alpinweiss body & Jet Black trim pieces. The Ultimate Storm Trooper Driving Machine.