Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Bjamessomer Bjamessomer is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: '07 BMW 328i 6spd Coupe
Custom Exhuast

Ok, so I have a 382i Manual Coupe. And I am going to do a custom exhaust set up. That set up includes doing a resonator delete, but lately I have been hearing rumors that the 328i doesn't have resonators. I doubt this, but just wanted to check before I take my car to a shop all for nothing. Let me know your opinions and etc. I will be doing a resonator delete, with a M sport rear bumper, possibly a Spintech Pro Shootout 4000 series race muffler, and Flowmaster 3.5 inch quad tips. Thanks, replies will be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 11-01-2013, 09:14 PM
staplescenter staplescenter is online now
Registered User
Location: staples center
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: x5
Re: Custom Exhuast

I have a 328i coupe as well and would love to see this setup. Post pics asap. How much would the whole thing cost? Im looking at exhaust too. I will let u know if I found out about the resonator.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Bjamessomer Bjamessomer is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: '07 BMW 328i 6spd Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by staplescenter View Post
I have a 328i coupe as well and would love to see this setup. Post pics asap. How much would the whole thing cost? Im looking at exhaust too. I will let u know if I found out about the resonator.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Will do, I just need to save up a little more. And from the shop I go to and my searching for materials. (As well as the 335i coupe trunk storage unit) I am estimating at a firm price this should be $750 at the most, but the returns will be phenomenal for such a budget, most of the cost really is from the M bumper.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2013, 08:12 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,007
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjamessomer View Post
Ok, so I have a 382i Manual Coupe. And I am going to do a custom exhaust set up. That set up includes doing a resonator delete, but lately I have been hearing rumors that the 328i doesn't have resonators. I doubt this, but just wanted to check before I take my car to a shop all for nothing. Let me know your opinions and etc. I will be doing a resonator delete, with a M sport rear bumper, possibly a Spintech Pro Shootout 4000 series race muffler, and Flowmaster 3.5 inch quad tips. Thanks, replies will be much appreciated.

Exhaust system 328i FRONT:



Exhaust system 328i INTERMEDIATE:



Exhaust system 328i REAR:



You may be thinking of the Center Muffler, part #1, REAR. Resonating chambers in rearmost muffler. Check THIS - sure, 335i & M, but might apply to yours, adapted.


.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 11-02-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:06 AM
staplescenter staplescenter is online now
Registered User
Location: staples center
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: x5
Re: Custom Exhuast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjamessomer View Post
Will do, I just need to save up a little more. And from the shop I go to and my searching for materials. (As well as the 335i coupe trunk storage unit) I am estimating at a firm price this should be $750 at the most, but the returns will be phenomenal for such a budget, most of the cost really is from the M bumper.
Sounds good! I agree with the return u will get for $750 for all those including the M bumper.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Bjamessomer Bjamessomer is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: '07 BMW 328i 6spd Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Exhaust system 328i FRONT:



Exhaust system 328i INTERMEDIATE:



Exhaust system 328i REAR:



You may be thinking of the Center Muffler, part #1, REAR. Resonating chambers in rearmost muffler. Check THIS - sure, 335i & M, but might apply to yours, adapted.


.
Than You!! Yes, I guess in the bimmer's case the "resonator" is the center muffler. Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
exhaust


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms