Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i convertible '08
My salmon relays are not swimming upstream!

I guess I should be more specific. My '08 E93 has two salmon relays that control the retractable hardtop movement. I read on some blogs that the salmon relays can contribute to top movement paralysis if they fail. Since the relays are now 6+ years old and not too pricey with my discounts, I decided to replace them as preventative maintenance. General diagrams show that they are located in the trunk and possibly in a fuse block on the battery. I removed all the trunk panels to expose the battery but I'll be hornswogeld, I can't find those dern salmon relays.Pls zip me a message if y'all know their location and removal procedure.
Thanx,
Mikey
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2013, 01:15 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
http://prodcds.bmwuniversity.com/lib...20Card_web.pdf

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 11-08-2013, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: 328i convertible '08
Mo salmon relay info..E93

Thanx to Fdriller for the singular response to my request for salmon colored retractable hardtop relay switch replacement help. For those of you that own E93's, you may want to replace the salmon relays as preventative maintenance. Failures of the top closing mechanism can occur at at any time.Relays are inexpensive and located in the trunk.
Remove the horizontal folding luggage partition and underneath you will find a large, somewhat triangular. metal cover with three bolts. Remove the bolts and salmon relays are easy to see. Removal of the top one is easy but the bottom one is tricky due to restrictive space. Installation is again, easy for the top one and a bear for the bottom one unless you have young slender fingers. Enjoy.
Mikey
Old 11-08-2013, 07:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54

Salmon

Run