Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
328i GT initial impressions

I posted this on the CA to Bremerhaven thread but thought maybe others would find it informative...

Well guys I took delivery of my Apline White 328iGT yesterday. I had financing lined up with my credit union but dealer was able to beat it with a 1.58% 5 year loan. They gave me the $750 New Year incentive off the price we had previosuly negotiated 2 months ago, which was already below invoice. I think it was a good deal.

Options:
Alpine White, Venetian Beige Leather
M Sport Package
DHP Dynamic Handling Package
Lighting Package
Premium Package
Technology Package (w/Nav)
Parking Assist
Side & Top View Cameras
Heated Front Seats
Driver Assist Package
Harmon Kardon
Anti-Theft Alarm

First impressions:

I love the way the car looks. I was really unsure of the white but I really love it now. The M Sport line provides some black accents (mirrors, rear bumper, etc) that give the car a meaner, sportier look. The car has real road presence and as many have said, I think it looks better in person than in pictures.

I was also unsure about the beige interior but with the dark headliner and dash, the contrast feels sporty and refined. The Dark Burl Wood works well with this combo too. All the materials feel very high end and refined and sturdy. I was thinking about rubber floor mats but they are not out for the 328GT (yet?). Tried to fit in some 328 sedan ones but they came up a little short.

Driving:

I mostly drove on the freeway yesterday and played around with Comfort and Sport mode. The Sport mode drastically changes the feel of the car in a very good way. The sport seats were really comfortable and the side bolster adjustments were a welcome surprise. Driving on the freeway in Comfort is easy and comfortable.

Last night around 11 I was finally able to take it on a real drive. I drove some nearby canyons and holy crap it was such fun. In Sport mode, the car just grips the road and LOVES accelerating through corners. It was totally exhilarating and I've never driven a car quite like this. It wants to have fun. I chuckled with giddiness every time I took a turn and could see the adaptive headlamps panning and tilting with my steering. I decided around probably the third or fourth turn I was sold on BMW forever. Haha.

Tech:

The iDrive system is definitely the best automotive computer system I've used or seen. The animations are smooth and the system is so responsive. Voice control works well. The menus are a bit clunky to navigate and there is definitely a learning curve. BMW could take a note from Apple and simplify some of the menu options and menu gui navigation. I bought the iPhone5 cradle and it seems to work well. My real only disappointment with this car is the difficulty with texts, emails and voicemails which I haven't really figured out yet. The other issue is that the Connected Drive apps such as MOG, Pandora, and Stitcher are a bit finicky. It seems you have to plug the phone in to the cradle and then touch the app on the phone to start it. Only then will the app show up in iDrive. So every time I get in the car and plug the phone in I have to pick the app, launch it on the phone and then drive. It does not appear I can switch from MOG to Stitcher to Pandora without opening the console and touching the phone. I think the phone integration could be better and it will probably get better in future versions of iDrive. I only hope its an update and does not require buying a new car!

The take away:

The must haves for me are the HUD, DHP, and Lighting Package (if you drive twisties at night). The HUD is absolutely amazing- it displays nav info, speed, an icon for voice control prompts, and you can scroll through some phone menus and song choices with the steering wheel control. It really helps keep eyes on the road and feels like either the future or a Disneyland ride. I haven't driven this car aggressively WITHOUT DHP but I love the way it handles with DHP so for me it is a must. And the lighting package is so cool on the canyon twists at night.

Thanks to everyone on Bimmerfest for answering all my questions and guiding me through all phases on buying a Bimmer. The knowledge, advice, and passion from Festers has really shaped my experience with this car. I am truly grateful for the time everyone took to help me. I hope to be able to pay it forward to other.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	328GT 007.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	406107   Click image for larger version

Name:	328GT 008.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	406108   Click image for larger version

Name:	328GT 009.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	406109  
Ads by Google
Old 11-07-2013, 03:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328
Very nice congrats. Can you give a little more info about the pricing?
Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 PM

Negotiated $600 below invoice and then applied $750 incentive. So $1350 below invoice price found on sites like true car or edmunds. then add doc and state fees, registration and tax.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-08-2013, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328
Thats a great deal.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:27 AM

In SoCal we have about 20 dealerships and it's very competitive.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:45 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi GT
Re: 328i GT initial impressions

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and congrats on your new beauty. They broadly align with my thinking about my dhp-equipped 328GT, although coming from a 2011 335xi sedan I'm not quite as wowed by the handling. Otherwise I'm kicking myself for not getting the free-standing top down display, but at least the parking sensors, tilting mirror and rearview camera provide good info.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-09-2013, 02:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Beautiful car. Congratulations.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbmws View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and congrats on your new beauty. They broadly align with my thinking about my dhp-equipped 328GT, although coming from a 2011 335xi sedan I'm not quite as wowed by the handling. Otherwise I'm kicking myself for not getting the free-standing top down display, but at least the parking sensors, tilting mirror and rearview camera provide good info.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using BimmerApp mobile app
The tilting mirrors are more useful than top view cams. I've parked using top view cams and it still puts the car a little far from the curb. Hard to tell when you're going to incur curb rash with the cams. Still learning how to use it and find myself relying in the mirrors more. The auto tilt feature is killer.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:46 PM

Mein Auto: 325xiT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDigsBMW View Post
The tilting mirrors are more useful than top view cams. I've parked using top view cams and it still puts the car a little far from the curb. Hard to tell when you're going to incur curb rash with the cams. Still learning how to use it and find myself relying in the mirrors more. The auto tilt feature is killer.

I wish BMW would implement their tilt mirrors like Acura does on the TL - the position of the mirror adjustment switch determines which mirror will tilt

1967 1600 (batteship gray) got me hooked (6 volt - wtf?)
1990 E30 convertible -calypso red it was fun for 14 years
2006 E91 ED - sparkling graphite, 6-spd, xenon, cold weather, premium, Logic 7 sound. His
2014 F30 - ED - Liquid Blue, auto, Tech, DHP, Sat, Lighting, Leather, cold weather. Hers
Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Audi-Bimmer Fan

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 M5 CP
Very nice... I like the proportions of the GT. It's a well nourished version F30.

Retired: 2010 Audi B8 S4 [trade-in], 2008 E92 335i [lemon], 2007 E92 335i [totaled]
Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 PM

hey sf that's a nice looking M5. Love the color combo with the blue calipers too.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:39 AM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:
hey sf that's a nice looking M5. Love the color combo with the blue calipers too.
I also like what BMW did with the M5 brake/wheel hubs in making them look like polished stainless steel (possibly it's polished aluminum?). It looks nicely finished and should hold up - certainly better looking than the painted ones on the 3 Series and standard 5 Series models.

Current Stablemates:
'14 MB GL450; '12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet (MT); '11 BMW E93 335is (DCT); '11 BMW E90 M3 (MT); '11 Audi S4 (DSG); '08 BMW E60 535xi; '08 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '01 Corvette; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '71 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400; '67 MG Midget
Old 11-12-2013, 07:13 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
Would enjoy seeing some interior shots too.

Quote:
I posted this on the CA to Bremerhaven thread but thought maybe others would find it informative...

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT
Old 11-12-2013, 07:37 AM

Mein Auto: Dodge ram hemi
. I was thinking about rubber floor mats but they are not out for the 328GT (yet?). Tried to fit in some 328 sedan ones but they came up a little short.

Winter is coming! if you here about good rubber mats for the GT please post! Just got my 335xi gt 3 weeks ago & love it. The car covers ALL the bases; sport, style, comfort, utility. Enjoy,
Old 11-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i
Quote:

I use mine more for pulling into a crowded parking lot and then finding myself not nearly centered into my slot. With the top camera I can see where the parking slot lines are and then I can make a decision.

Sometimes I find myself thinking I have parked to close to the car in front. Again. the camera will show the line in front.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 528i
is there any difference in interior quality compared to 3 sedan?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by EC7 View Post
is there any difference in interior quality compared to 3 sedan?
Hmmm, no answer yet. Well, I looked at the car last Sunday at the Fort Worth show.

I didn't examine the car very closely, however, to me the interior looked exactly the same as my 2013 328i. Might have been some minor changes, don't know, Hard to tell at an auto show. Oh, the seats were better cushioned than my car. That's not saying much, my car's seats are the most uncomfortable seats of all the cars I have ever owned.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 PM

I don't know for sure how different the interior is but from what I can gather it is very similar. The GT is of course bigger but I believe the materials are the same (Dakota leather etc). I think the 328 sedan may have different color combos available. Not sure.

I have the sport seats and I find them comfortable. The side bolsters are crucial when taking tight turns. I can't imagine driving In a spirited way without them.

The interior overall feels very nice.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makomyday View Post
. I was thinking about rubber floor mats but they are not out for the 328GT (yet?). Tried to fit in some 328 sedan ones but they came up a little short.

Winter is coming! if you here about good rubber mats for the GT please post! Just got my 335xi gt 3 weeks ago & love it. The car covers ALL the bases; sport, style, comfort, utility. Enjoy,
Anyone have a solution for the lack of BMW rubber floor mats? Just got mine and really need something for the upcoming winter/rainy season.

I am considering the weathertech floorliners here: http://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2014/.../drive/xDrive/ but was wondering if anyone has tried them out.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 PM

There was a thread about floor mats for the GT and someone posted this link. Looks like there are part numbers. Not sure about availability.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...33&hg=51&fg=95

Also, you can search this site for 328i GT and look at interior/floor mat sets: http://www.bavauto.com

I haven't had time to fully research. If you make any progress please keep us updated. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335 xi GT
Weathertec floor liners

Just got mine last Saturday for my new 3 GT
2014 335ix GT Lux,Cold Weather,Driver Assist,Driver Plus,Premium, Technology. Gone 2013 X5 Premium,Active Cruise,HK Sound. Gone-'08 BMW 535xi Sports Wagon Space Gray,Black Nasca Leather,Cold Weather, Premium,Comfort Access ,Vented Seats,Multi-Contour Seats, PDC, Nav, Logic 7 Sound, 2002 X5, 1972 2002.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to GTitis2013
Mein Auto: 2014 335i GT,2010 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodengolfer View Post
Just got mine last Saturday for my new 3 GT
Do they fit well? Would you mind posting a picture? Thanks.