Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-08-2013, 10:52 AM
BMW Driver

Mein Auto: 07 335xi
E93 CPO Coverage

Hello Bimmerfest!

I am considering a 2011 or 2012 335i convertible for my next car. Having previously owned a CPO E90 I was quite happy with the coverage under the CPO warranty. After further reading the fine print regarding the CPO warranty I came to realize that this purchase is a bit different, because some of the exclusions on the CPO warranty are parts of the convertible top. I am seeking advice on how others have purchased preowned E93's, maybe I can purchase a preowned(not CPO) car and then purchase a BMW Platinum warranty from one of the board sponsors?

Any input on this topic would be helpful and much appreciated as always!

Edit: My goal is to own an E93 with no fear or worry of having a very expensive repair that my previous German cars have always been extremely prone to.

Last edited by Nick1214; 11-08-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 11-08-2013, 03:54 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
BMW originally did not include the convertible top. Starting in 2009 or 2010 they did. Are you saying the CPO for these two now don't again?
What year CPO contract are you reading? It was not covered originally then covered now not covered again. Do I have that right?
That is the only reason I didn't do an extended warranty because it was not covered there.
CPO without the top is actually not much of a risk. This top design has been in operation in Merc SLKs since 1998 and all these retractable tops build by the two German manufacturers have been reliable with maybe some strings fraying on older model E93s built in 07-09. Improved kit is a 500 buck install by the dealer if they do. Nothing to do with structural purely cosmetic.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 PM
BMW Driver

Sorry for the confusion....as far as I can tell the convertible top was never included in CPO. The reason why it wasn't of concern to me on my last CPO BMW is because I bought a sedan, not a convertible. This time around, as I am considering a convertible I am quite concerned about the cost and frequency of repairs on the car itself, especially the convertible top. I am trying to figure out what is covered and what isn't covered under CPO regarding the convertible top, I am hoping someone who has a better understanding can explain it to me in layman's terms. I have loved all my German cars but they have been in for repairs quite frequently.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750Li
BMW is now offering a 'CPO Wrap' policy. If you buy a CPO car, it is allows you to upgrade coverage without having to buy a full warranty as would have been required in the past.

Sprt Pkg, Conv. Pkg, Luxury Seat Pkg, Prem. Sound Pkg, Driver Assist Pkg, Heads Up, Cam Pkg, Ceramic, Sirius, Smartphone Integration. BSM/Black Napa/Ash Grain w/ RWS
Old 11-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
You are best to get specifics from the dealer, but my understanding is that it doesn't cover the physical metal top but that basically won't have issues, but it does cover the electrical parts and sensors and the hydraulic pump. It typically will cover things damaged like the roof panels if a sensor or other covered part failed and caused damage. I had a rad fan explode once and it took out the rad and hood which were all covered.

Rob
Old 11-09-2013, 05:05 PM
BMW Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCChuck View Post
BMW is now offering a 'CPO Wrap' policy. If you buy a CPO car, it is allows you to upgrade coverage without having to buy a full warranty as would have been required in the past.
Do you have anymore information on that "wrap" policy? None of the dealers that I have visited mentioned that when I asked them about the warranty and its exclusions.