Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E30 M3 (1986-1990)

E30 M3 (1986-1990)

Old 11-08-2013, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
BMW e30 m3 owners what is true value of your car?

This is the E30 M3 with Oem period correct EVO III options and DTM parts.
You can spend 80k on a new m3 or own the one and only true "Legend"!
I don't need to tell you the publicity this car has gotten if you know anything about Cars.
It goes by Gods Chariot for a reason.
The videos and articles this year alone on it says it all.
The parts I have acquired were oem options and took me years to find.
Some the parts are no longer available threw bmw .
Here is the list READY!!!!!!

Engine bay

Strut bar
Dtm carbon fiber intake
Miller maf
J&S safeguard knock sensor
Miller war chip tunable by laptop
I have the schrick 284/276 cams not installed yet
Did compression check when in California at e30 werks numbers were all 200-195
Has 540i motor mounts lower and stiffer.
Lower horizontal and verticle oil pan baffles

Suspension
H&R race springs with Bilistein shocks
Rear shock tower reinforcement plates

Borla exhaust

Oem EVO III front undertray with carbon fiber spoiler
EVO brake ducts
Euro front tow hook covers
Dtm carbon fiber mirrors
Evo III rear spoiler with carbon fiber flap
Euro license plate filler

Wheels are Period correct 3 piece Ac Schnitzer type I

Interior

Evo III red oem seat belts
Ac Schnitzer steering wheel
Ac Scnitzer shift knob ebrake and foot peddles with dead peddle
Recaro speed seats close as you can get to oem Evo III srd
Knock sensor and narrow band guage for rich lean

The parts alone cost big $$$$$$

I have original owners manual with window sticker
Have a large book of receipts over the years even previous

Let me ask you what dictates its worth? Is a evo ,sti,mercedes,e92 ,Ferrari,ect a better car than the e30 m3? Do those car have a higher dtm racing record? We're any those cars built buy the racing devision of there company souly as a race car to race in a specific series ? What is cost of those cars 30-200 k . What makes them worth it over the e30 m3? Let me tell you one the reasons why becuase most people don't even know what it is,what it has done.most people never owned one or has driven one.the people who have gave it a rating of 5th best car ever built in history. Writers who have wrote probably more articles on it more reviews comparing to even modern cars of today and it still wins as favorite car.only reason people think its worth less becuase some salvaged title or engine swaped car sold for 18-25 k. some rust bucket perverted turd sold for cheap. Is a 1974 turbo a better car than e30 m3? Does it handle better is it faster did it rule dtm racing? No what do they sell for 60 -100k.why ? Becuase some one wants it and is willing to pay that for it! Until e30 m3 owners sell there cars for what they are worth we are JUst givng them away to idiots who will bastardized them . So do I think my e30 m3 with the parts it has and the rarity of it is worth 60k ? Hell yes! Do I think its worth 100 k hell yes ,well thats me probably half the other owners that are true enthusiasts feel that way. until I get closer to its true value It will stay with me even if that is till my death.

I posted my car forsale recently
Let me say first I love this car and even if I had millions to recreate it again it would take a lot of time to acquire the parts and add the parts on .
If it sells for close to its value vrs other values of cars I will sell it.
If some one thinks its worth allot less my guess is the dont own one .
I'm interested to read what do owners of e30 m3 think the true value of there car is and if it is higher than non owners why are we giving them away for so cheap?
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2013, 08:57 PM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
This has to be Christian
Old 11-08-2013, 08:59 PM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Moved to the appropriate forum.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:05 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Yup I really don't want sell it.i really don't need sell it.
If i could get high enough price it would force me too sell it.one thing lame about wa barley any bmw car meets.i need a ricer now if I want go to meets jk.
What is your opinion on value of our cars ?
I guess I just remove from ebay until m3 owners start holding out like me for there worth.
I just don't get how a honda ,Toyota can be worth the same.
Our cars sold for 35,000 new shouldnt they be worth more now that over years we found out they could not build anything better?
funny thing is I'm trying force my self to sell it when I can't let it go.
I have 4 cars becuase the washington rain it sits in garage so much more i just feel guilty its there.
I removed the ebay auction lol
Funny i don't think I could ever sell it just feeling pressure to sell it from family .
Might explain why I was asking high price

Last edited by blacktop; 11-08-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Priceless

These cars are truly priceless. This is coming from a guy who sold his E30 M3 like a fool at the tender age of 22 not knowing that he would eventually regret that decision nearly everyday of his life. Im 100% serious. I loved that car fully and you cant put a price tag on that. I whole heartedley agree with OP. E30 M3 nearly impossible to beat. Regretfully signing off...
Old 11-16-2013, 11:11 AM

Pricless

Also I would love to see a picture...
Old 12-15-2013, 05:53 AM

Mein Auto: Z3 & X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinb7116 View Post
These cars are truly priceless. This is coming from a guy who sold his E30 M3 like a fool at the tender age of 22 not knowing that he would eventually regret that decision nearly everyday of his life. Im 100% serious. I loved that car fully and you cant put a price tag on that. I whole heartedley agree with OP. E30 M3 nearly impossible to beat. Regretfully signing off...
I can relate!!

In 1988 I was driving a 1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo with an intercooler and about twice the factory boost. Although I loved the car and the incredible acceleration, I had accumulated a lot of miles on it and was looking to replace it. Nissan had not refreshed the 300ZX (my logical replacement choice) and I was trying to decide what to buy. By chance, I was driving by the local BMW dealer and there it was, a bright red 1988 E30 M3. It was love at first sight. Within three weeks a brand new bright red, white leather interior, E30 M30 with 9 miles on the odometer was delivered to my townhouse on a flatbed. This was my first BMW.

Except for my 2002 Z3 (that I still have with 145K miles - not making the same mistake twice) I never had a car I liked as much as my M3. The E30 just had a feel and sound, not to mention the great looks, that made it a great car. I remember late one night doing nothing more than driving 80 mph on the Florida Turnpike and feeling the car in the seat of my pants and just thinking what a great vehicle it is. In my opinion it was the best of all the M3's because it was lean and relatively light and not plumped out like later M3s with too much stuff that is really only appropriate in a SUV like my X3.

After four years as my primary driver, and about 140K miles, I just perceived the car was at end of life with respect to reliable and dependable operation and sold it. I have regretted this decision for the past twenty or so years. In reality it was in excellent mechanical condition and one could eat off the engine. It needed a little body work, the front air dam needed replacement, probably needed repainting, the leather was a little worn, and it still had the original clutch - but that was it. It would have been relatively inexpensive to restore it.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:02 AM
My avatar is a selfie LOL

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
BMW e30 m3 owners what is true value of your car?

As someone pointed out earlier about houses, your car is worth what you sell it for, not what you think it should be worth. $60-100K for your E30 when you can find clean ones from 30-40K? Why? Mods don't increase value, if anything, they decrease it.

People want pure, untouched E30s.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 01-04-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoXS View Post
I can relate!!

In 1988 I was driving a 1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo with an intercooler and about twice the factory boost. Although I loved the car and the incredible acceleration, I had accumulated a lot of miles on it and was looking to replace it. Nissan had not refreshed the 300ZX (my logical replacement choice) and I was trying to decide what to buy. By chance, I was driving by the local BMW dealer and there it was, a bright red 1988 E30 M3. It was love at first sight. Within three weeks a brand new bright red, white leather interior, E30 M30 with 9 miles on the odometer was delivered to my townhouse on a flatbed. This was my first BMW.

Except for my 2002 Z3 (that I still have with 145K miles - not making the same mistake twice) I never had a car I liked as much as my M3. The E30 just had a feel and sound, not to mention the great looks, that made it a great car. I remember late one night doing nothing more than driving 80 mph on the Florida Turnpike and feeling the car in the seat of my pants and just thinking what a great vehicle it is. In my opinion it was the best of all the M3's because it was lean and relatively light and not plumped out like later M3s with too much stuff that is really only appropriate in a SUV like my X3.

After four years as my primary driver, and about 140K miles, I just perceived the car was at end of life with respect to reliable and dependable operation and sold it. I have regretted this decision for the past twenty or so years. In reality it was in excellent mechanical condition and one could eat off the engine. It needed a little body work, the front air dam needed replacement, probably needed repainting, the leather was a little worn, and it still had the original clutch - but that was it. It would have been relatively inexpensive to restore it.
I can truly say I feel your pain man. Its nice to go to sleep at night now knowing Im not the only one. My wife thinks Im crazy for loving a 30 year old car so much. She def does not understand. I will have one again one day. For now just reading and looking at pics online will do. The feel of that car was like no other. Mine was Cinnabar Red with tan leather.

Last edited by justinb7116; 01-04-2014 at 06:29 PM.