Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 328xi
DIY Installing LED lights

I am looking to buy and install a pair of angle eye headlights on my 2008 328xi because i am tired of the poor performance and halogen headlights are ugly . Has anyone here ever changed headlights on your BMW? Because i hear changing lights on a bmw is the biggest pain in the ass.

"No matter how much it hurts , how dark it gets or how hard you fall you are never out of the fight" ML

Last edited by Greggl52; 11-16-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Found the Search Button

Mein Auto: '06 E90 325i '07 E92 328i
DIY Installing LED lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggl52 View Post
I am looking to buy and install a pair of LED headlights on my 2008 328xi because i am tired of the poor performance and halogen headlights are ugly . Has anyone here ever changed headlights on your BMW? Because i hear changing lights on a bmw is the biggest pain in the ass.
Greg, you've asked this question three times and one of your threads already contains the answer.

I hate to sound like a jerk about this, but you're only doing yourself a disservice by not doing your research on this yourself. I'm relatively new to BMWs and learned everything I need to know to make an educated and informed decision about the lights I intend to buy based on research and searching this forum. You can do it too.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-16-2013, 01:12 PM

Mein Auto: 328i LCI
What are LED headlights, exactly? Maybe the reason you're not getting responses is because you don't know what you want.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
Are you converting non hid lights to hid / xenon lights....

Plug and play after market headlights is much easier.... No programing or central control required

Heaps on ebay

Just done this to my cousin golf gti.... Peace easy .... 3 hours diy
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i
2013 VW Golf R - Rising Metallic Blue
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
Old 11-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto: 06 330i MT Sport TiAg
Although LED 's have come a long way for many uses, being used for headlights isn't one of them. Are you talking angel eye swap from halogen to LED or halogen to HID for headlight bulbs?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX3 View Post
Are you converting non hid lights to hid / xenon lights....

Plug and play after market headlights is much easier.... No programing or central control required

Heaps on ebay

Just done this to my cousin golf gti.... Peace easy .... 3 hours diy
there is a big difference with the gti and bmw light installation. With the gti you have such easy access to the lights . ( my brother has a gti) with

"No matter how much it hurts , how dark it gets or how hard you fall you are never out of the fight" ML
Old 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabimmer View Post
Greg, you've asked this question three times and one of your threads already contains the answer.

I hate to sound like a jerk about this, but you're only doing yourself a disservice by not doing your research on this yourself. I'm relatively new to BMWs and learned everything I need to know to make an educated and informed decision about the lights I intend to buy based on research and searching this forum. You can do it too.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Buddy, I'll ask this question as many times as i want to ask it. I am not telling you to click on my post and answer it. So you can go be a jerk off elsewhere.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggl52 View Post
Buddy, I'll ask this question as many times as i want to ask it. I am not telling you to click on my post and answer it. So you can go be a jerk off elsewhere.
Bimmerfest is filled with incredibly helpful BMW enthusiasts, but you have to do some research on your own as well. This topic has been discussed quite a bit.

Treat people how you want to be treated, because someday when you really need help you'll be happy when someone is willing to share their knowledge with you.

Also, the admins can ban you for whatever reason they want to.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:45 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
we have plenty of install guides for all BMW angel eye installs