Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-18-2013, 06:41 PM

Mein Auto: Toyota RAV4
Smile 2011 328xi: Determining what options to get. Need Advice!!

Hey all! I am currently in the market for a 2011 CPO BMW 328xi (AWD is a must-- live in Buffalo, NY ) and the dealership in my area has two vehicles that look great to me.

I went to the dealership on Saturday and both models that I am considering are 2011 328xi's that were both sold and serviced in Buffalo, NY. They both 'appear' to have clean carfax reports, and from observing the interior and exterior of the two vehicles, they both appear to be in excellent condition. The prices of the two vehicles are exactly the same :$28,995 before taxes, fees, etc.

Vehicle #1: 2011 328xi: Vermillion Red/Oyster. 23,400 miles. Value, Premium packages, Heated Steering wheel, Satellite Radio. Excellent condition. New wiper blades. Tires at 80% I believe. New BMW warranty through 12/14/14, certified warranty until 12/14/16. As mentioned, current asking price $28,995 before taxes and fees.

Vehicle #2: 2011 328xi: Tasman Green/Saddle. 39,000 miles. Value and Premium packages, Heated Steering Wheel, Satellite, Navigation system/iDrive, Xenon headlights. Excellent condition. New wiper blades AND 4 brand new tires. Excellent condition. New BMW warranty through 12/16/14, certified warranty until until 12/16/16. As mentioned, current asking price $28,995 before taxes and fees.

As you can see, both vehicles are in great condition and have the same warranty expiration dates. I will only be driving the vehicle 10,000 miles a year at the most, and will most likely sell/trade-in the vehicle once the certified warranty expires.
The challenge is whether or not I want a loaded vehicle with higher miles, or a decently equipped vehicle with less miles.

What do you all think? Pros/cons? Any and all help will be much appreciated as this is my first BMW. Do you think that price-wise they are a good deal? Or should I try to negotiate.
Thank you all in advance!
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
2011 328xi: Determining what options to get. Need Advice!!

Buy the one with the color you like.

You're going to have to look at it every day.

Otherwise, I'd take the one with less mileage myself.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
As my last 2 BMWs have had Navi and Xenons, I'm somewhat biased in favor of them. Another consideration is that with your expected annual mileage, the green car's time and mileage warranty will expire simultaneously. This MAY mean that any issue cropping up at, say, 45k miles would be covered under the OEM warranty, but might not be covered under the CPO for the red car. (Your dealer should provide a printout which details the CPO coverage.)

But I think you should ultimately choose the one which most resonates with you.

Tom