Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 28i
Question Problems with heated seats?

I'm taking my 2011 X3 in to the dealer this week to get the heated seats checked out. The passenger seat does not heat. Nor do the rear seats. The passenger heat button lights up, but the back seats do not. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Oh, the drivers seat works fine.

I tried looking for a fuse in the fuse box. First, I did not find the fuse box diagram. And, have you tried to get to the fuse box? I removed the trap door in the glove box, but the fuse box was still recessed out of reach and behind a large group of cables.

Thanks
Doug
Ads by Google
Old 11-19-2013, 07:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
My only "problem" with my heated seats is that I can only run the driver seat on the lowest setting - the others are a bit too toasty.

Note that there are two fuses boxes, one in the front, and one in the rear. Any fuse replacement in the front fuse box requires either A) Hands the size of a small child, or B) Removal of the glove box.

You may actually find a fuse diagram at the rear fuse box.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
I checked the operation of all the heated seats and the steering wheel in the first week I owned the car. Mine all work great. Now that it is definitely chilly on Colorado, I expect all my friends will want me to drive so they can enjoy the bun toasters in the passenger seats front and rear.

me--><--seat warmers

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine

Last edited by Liverman; 11-21-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 PM

The dealer is installing a new control module to fix the problem, per the diagnoses a short blew the original module. That will probably fix the rear seats. I'm skeptical about the passenger seat. I pick it up tomorrow. We'll see.

The module was replaced under warranty, but the service adviser said it would have been about a $400 fix had I been paying. Good to know when it becomes time to consider and extended warranty.

The loaner is a new 2013 X5. Nice vehicle!

Last edited by Doug in NC; 11-24-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:06 PM

Seat heaters are out again. This time it's a different module that controls the right rear seat. When it's not functioning it takes down the passenger sear and both rear seats. A new control module is on order. Hopefully this will be the final fix to my heated seats.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive28i 2014
The highest level of the heated seats setting is definitely necessary when the temp drops bellow -15 C.