Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 11-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
BMW Motorsport sends the BMW M235i Racing into action
Bernie@Bimmerfest
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by Bernie@Bimmerfest

BMW is putting the M235i in to action on the race track, with it's replacement for the M3 GT4. After some modifications by BMW Motorsport, the new 2 Series emerges as the M235i Racing. Some of these modifications include an FIA certified full roll cage, racing fuel tank and a mechanical limited-slip rear differential. The body has also been aerodynamically optimized and various M Performance carbon bits are used to help in the aero also. Under the hood the 3.0-liter turbocharged inline six-cylinder receives a power boost from a stock 322 horsepower up to 333 hp. Sounds like a a great package for around $80k.

Check out the press release below.

”m235iracing”

Munich (DE), 20th November 2013. BMW Motorsport is expanding its range of cars within the BMW Sports Trophy Customer Racing programme: from 2014, privateer BMW teams and drivers will have the opportunity to line up at events with the new BMW M235i Racing. With a price of 59,500.00 Euros (excl. VAT) and impressive performance figures, the production-based coupé meets all the basic requirements of a successful entry-level racing car.

The plan is initially for the car to be used in series and events such as the VLN Endurance Championship and the Nürburgring 24 Hours on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife (DE). Looking ahead, the BMW M235i Racing should also be successful on international stages for BMW Sports Trophy drivers.

“The basis our engineers had to start with when developing the racing version of the BMW M235i Racing was exceptionally good,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “The production models from the BMW M Performance Automobiles range are already incredibly sporty. Because of this, we did not have to make many modifications in order to get the BMW M235i Coupé up and running as a racing car. BMW Motorsport can look back on a long tradition of allowing ambitious teams and drivers an affordable way into motor racing – and of offering them an absolutely competitive car. That was the case recently with the BMW M3 GT4, and that is now being superseded with the BMW M235i Racing. While the BMW Z4 GT3 spearheads our range, the new car means we are now also excellently positioned for the coming years in the field of production-based racing cars.”

The motorsport genes are also easily recognisable in the production version of the BMW M235i Coupé, courtesy of the aerodynamically optimised body design. It is propelled by the most powerful petrol engine developed so far for a BMW M Performance Automobile: a six-cylinder in-line engine with M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology. With a capacity of 2,979ccm, the racing version is capable of generating 333hp (245kW).

Motorsport-specific driving aids such as ABS, DSC and traction control ensure that the motorsport newcomers can also handle the BMW M235i Racing surely and safely. The car also comes with mechanical limited-slip differential, which is also available for the BMW M235i Coupé in the original BMW Parts range. The racing car is also fitted with features such as the FIA-certified safety cell and the modern safety tank. On top of this come components from the BMW M Performance Parts range, such as the rear and front spoilers, diffusor and carbon wing mirrors.

Technical Data BMW M235i Racing.
Max. width: 1,862mm (without mirrors)
Wheelbase: 2,691mm
Height: 1,380mm (without antenna)
Max. track: 1,608mm
Engine: six-cylinder in-line
Capacity: 2,979ccm
Output: 333hp (245kW)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m235irace3sharp.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	408851  

Last edited by Bernie@Bimmerfest; 11-22-2013 at 11:30 AM..
This article has been viewed 2498 times.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335 coupe
OMG, I want one! Gonna start saving my pennies RIGHT NOW. Wow that car is awesome looking. Had a 335 coupe, I bet this 2 series is amazing to drive.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 AM

Mein Auto: E46 330i
Can't wait to see it on the track next year
Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive Msport
Re: BMW Motorsport sends the BMW M235i Racing into action

I don't like the rims!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using BimmerApp mobile app

2013 335i M-sport xDrive 'Superman Combo'
Cold Weather Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Premium, Technology, Sport auto, Rear-view camera, Park Distance Control, HK
ED: May 28, 2013
Redelivery: Aug 12, 2013