Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 10-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Talking Getting ready for winter ... black magic :) ...

I finally got around to start my latest project for my X5 ... Today I picked up my set of OEM wheels which I had powdercoated black for winter and track usage. I bought a set of 10.5 wheels as I'll be running 315's all around . They will get their first "spin" mid October during one of the track days at NHIS ... One of the reasons why I went with black is so I don't have to worry about breakdust anymore and the wheels will clear the Brembo brakes much easier than the current AC Schnitzer wheels (which wil need spacers in order to fit the Brembos, something for next spring)

I posted a couple of pictures on my web page at http://www.janixworld.com/x5/Wheels/

I will update the page as soon as I have photos of the wheels and tires mounted on the car ....

- Jan

Last edited by jmh; 10-01-2004 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added one pic from the web page
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2004, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 4.6IS, 2500HD, CAT 330BL
Phenomenal

post more pics once installed
-T
Old 10-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh
I finally got around to start my latest project for my X5 ... Today I picked up my set of OEM wheels which I had powdercoated black for winter and track usage. I bought a set of 10.5 wheels as I'll be running 315's all around . They will get their first "spin" mid October during one of the track days at NHIS ... One of the reasons why I went with black is so I don't have to worry about breakdust anymore and the wheels will clear the Brembo brakes much easier than the current AC Schnitzer wheels (which wil need spacers in order to fit the Brembos, something for next spring)

I posted a couple of pictures on my web page at http://www.janixworld.com/x5/Wheels/

I will update the page as soon as I have photos of the wheels and tires mounted on the car ....

- Jan
Welcome Jan - glad you made it here to the 'fest
Old 10-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Hi Jeff,

just returned from a 4 week trip to down under and figured I'd check out the new home (see new thread for an article in Australia on the 4.8is/Cayenne Turbo)

- Jan
Old 10-02-2004, 05:14 AM
Hog Town

Mein Auto: '04 X5 4.4i & E320 4Matic
Good to hear from you, Jan. Those OEMs look chromed.
Oh, how did you make out at Mont Tremblant track over the summer?
Cheers,
P-
Old 10-02-2004, 05:27 AM
Crash Test Dummy

The OEM wheels are actually powder coated (glossy) black (you basically can have them coated in any color you want). The shop I use has done a great job (scuffed the new wheels before coating them) at a very reasonable price (60$/per wheel for coating and 15$/per wheel for the scuffing). We will see how they are going to hold up over the winter.

I was unable to attend the event at Mt Tremblant as I had to take a business trip to China and Australia ... But I am planning on hitting NHIS later this month

- Jan
Old 10-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Welcomed to the 'Fest!

Mein Auto: X5 & E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh

- Jan
Welcome Jan!

Wow, you went all out. I'd love to see those things mounted. I actually think that they'd look lovely on my Steel Gray. They're black but so glossy they almost look like black chrome. You really get a sense of how big 20" wheels are when you see them relative to the cargo area of the X5.

Can't wait to see pics.