Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-25-2013, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: Bm
Question about e92 grill, seatbelt arm, and chip

Hi guys,

Just brought myself a black bmw e92 coupe on a 60 plate. Basically
I just want to do a few things to it I have already put some black CSL alloys on there they set it off nice! I want the kidney grills to be gloss black. I have looked on eBay and there 60 - 80 pound. The dilemma I'm in is I either get them painted gloss black at a paint shop, or get them wrapped gloss black? Does anybody know if the chrome part of the grill comes off separate? I will also be getting the boot lip off eBay there is one for 20.. There are some on there for 60+ what is the difference?

Also my seatbelt arm don't seem to catch the belt, I have tried to iron the belt and that don't work?

Finally what do people think about the tuning diesel chips any good or not? There on eBay for around 100 just wondering if it's worth it?

Would appreciate it if someone could help me please !
Ads by Google
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to ViNNIE_G
Mein Auto: 94 325ic 2007 bmw 335i
congrats on the bimmer, your best advice is stay away from eBay. your driving a BMW not a Honda you get what you pay for if u want black kidney grills then either buy them from a repeatable seller or sand them down and paint it your self any bmw dealer will carry them, and the chrome part does come apart but i dont advise you do it as there are crappy plastic clips that usually break. if ur seat belt arm doesn't catch replace the seat belt that's the only fix and if you want to chip your car have it installed by a tune shop and never get something that controls your computer off eBay
Old 11-25-2013, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: Bm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViNNIE_G View Post
congrats on the bimmer, your best advice is stay away from eBay. your driving a BMW not a Honda you get what you pay for if u want black kidney grills then either buy them from a repeatable seller or sand them down and paint it your self any bmw dealer will carry them, and the chrome part does come apart but i dont advise you do it as there are crappy plastic clips that usually break. if ur seat belt arm doesn't catch replace the seat belt that's the only fix and if you want to chip your car have it installed by a tune shop and never get something that controls your computer off eBay
Nice one mate, thanks for the reply. I may just take it to a professional place called midland car care in Birmingham they said they can wrap the chrome part for 20 I don't mind that .. Thanks for the advice !!!!